26th July 2010, 09:08 PM
shweta chauhan 7

Eligibility for BARC exam for BTECH ECE and how to apply for BARC?

respected sir, i am presently in fourth year,b.tech and my branch of study is electronics and communication engineering. am i eligible for the barc exam and how to apply.please provide the details

26th July 2010, 11:15 PM
odc

Default Re: Eligibility for BARC exam for BTECH ECE and how to apply for BARC?

yeah sure you are eligible for the exam.
you just have to give the entrance exam conducted by BARC and they select on the basis of your rank.
there is also atomic energy department which provides you the training in the research field.
good luck
26th July 2010, 11:54 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by shweta chauhan 7 View Post
respected sir, i am presently in fourth year,b.tech and my branch of study is electronics and communication engineering. am i eligible for the barc exam and how to apply.please provide the details
Yes, you are eligible for the entrance test provided that you complete following criterion.

A. Qualifying Degree and Other Academic Qualifications:

* Those having M.Sc. in Physics / Chemistry, Biology (or) related science subjects with minimum 60% * marks in M.Sc as well as B.Sc (or) B.E. / B.Tech. (or) equivalent with minimum 60% * marks in one of the following Engineering disciplines: Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Metallurgy, Instrumentation are eligible to apply.

* Applicants for Physics discipline should have Physics and Mathematics up to B.Sc (or) at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5 Years integrated M.Sc.

* Applicants for Chemistry discipline should have Mathematics up to XII std and Physics up to B.Sc (or) at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5 Years integrated M.Sc.

* For Biology and related disciplines M.Sc in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Food Technology, Animal Science, Life Sciences and Biosciences. (or) BE / B.Tech / B.Sc (Tech) only in Food Technology with minimum (or) 60% * marks.

* MSc applicants should have Physics (or) Chemistry (or) Biochemistry (or) Agriculture Chemistry up to B.Sc (or) at subsidiary (or) Ancillary level in case of 5 Year integrated M.Sc with minimum of 60% * aggregate marks in M.Sc as well as in B.Sc.

* Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of GATE Score should have valid GATE Score in Life Sciences. Those having M.Sc with specialization in subjects like Fisheries, Horticulture, Forestry, Agronomy, Animal Husbandly. Marine Biology and Home Science etc and BE / B.Tech / M.Tech in Biotechnology / Genetic Engineering are not eligible.

* A minimum of 60% marks means that 60% minimum marks in the qualifying degree / P.G. degree as per the ordinance of the respective university in the respective disciplines (or) equivalent CGPA (converted to % marks by multiplying with 100 / x if GGPA is on x points scale).

Those whose final results of qualifying degree are awaited can also apply. In the event of selection mark sheet of final result should be submitted by 30 November, 2010.

B. BARC 2010 Age Limit:

The candidates desirous of availing DAE Fellowship should have been bom on or after 01 September, 1984. Age limit is relaxable by 3 Years for OBC and by 5 Years for SC / ST applicants.

C. Nationality: Applicant should be an Indian Citizen.

For more details visit: http://www.barc.ernet.in/
http://www.winentrance.com/admission_notification/Bhabha-Atomic-Research-Centre-Admission.html
Thank You
27th July 2010, 05:31 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility for BARC exam for BTECH ECE and how to apply for BARC?

Quote:
yes you can applicable BARC. it is source for atomic energy.they take direct interviw according to the cutt off which they have pass.for direct interviw you have to qualify GATE with good percentile.
thank you.
27th July 2010, 08:44 PM
s.k.singh

DEAR FRIEND
you are eligible and for this the candidate must have.. minimum 60% marks in M.Sc as well as B.Sc,B.E. / B.Tech.
so you are eigible and you can apply for that.so go and apply.
27th July 2010, 09:33 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

definately you can join BARC.

but you can appear BARC exam after your btech course.as minimum degree require to attain the barc exam is graduation in engg or general.

BARC takes takes BTECH ECE holders.

and the recruitment notice comes in the employment news paper.so you must check it every week.

for more information check-www.barc.ernet.in.

all the best.........
28th July 2010, 02:34 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

You are eligible for applying in the BARC exam.

Because graduates can apply for Phd program in BARC.
In that case, B.E/B.Tech graduates are eligible for BARC entry with a valid GATE score.
Final year students also can apply.

The candidate should have got 60% in graduation.

The notifications regarding the exam are published at the month of August-september.

You can get the details about the exam on the official site of BARC:
www.barc-ernet.in

All the best!
28th July 2010, 06:00 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Hi!

Yes, you are eligible for BARC exam provided you pass the BTech. electronics & communication with 60% marks.If the final results of your qualifying degree are awaited still you can apply. In the event of selection mark sheet of final result should be submitted by 30 November, 2010.

So, you can apply for BARC. Selection is on the basis of written test.
8th August 2010, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

sir i am doing graduation from electricals and electronics am i eligible for barc?
18th August 2010, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

Eligibile candidate are not yet received order for BARC exam for BE ECE and how to apply for BARC again and again ?
15th September 2010, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have done Ph. D. in Physics and want to join a reputed research institute. How can I apply for BARC Scientist Post? I have 13 international publications.
25th September 2010, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I am a 2nd year B.Tech student of chemical engineering of IT BHU Varanasi.Can i have an opportunity to do summer internship from BARC in 2011?
SAMBIT DUTTA ,Email id:[email protected]
26th September 2010, 09:54 AM
subhash1206

yes You are eligible for applying in the BARC exam.

Because graduates can apply for Phd program in BARC.
In that case, B.E/B.Tech graduates are eligible for BARC entry with a valid GATE score.

www.barc-ernet.in
28th September 2010, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am btech ece engg i want to know about basic salery in barc........................
28th September 2010, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir iam btect ece engg . and i want to know about the basic salary of barc
3rd October 2010, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I am a student of 2nd year B.Tech chemical engg.of IT BHU VARANASI.Kindly tell me sir how can i apply for summer internship in 2011.Thank you sir.Yours faithfully,Sambit Dutta,Email id:[email protected]
3rd October 2010, 11:03 PM
Nucleusdev

Barc is a new technology.architecture can change the phenomenon of art.you should have passed 12th with mathematics and should have 50+ marks in maths.and no need any more
3rd October 2010, 11:38 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Yes, you are definately eligible for BARC exams.

Eligibility for BARC exams -

A pass in 12th Standard or CBSE or any other State Board of School Examinations and a minimum of 55 % for OC, 50 % tor BC, MBC and others and a minimum pass for SC/ST each in Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

Selection process for BARC Exams -

Admission criteria will be an EET (Engineering Entrance Test) of 150 questions with negative marking for incorrect concludes. The exam will be based on Multiple Choice Questions and will have 150 questions.

And if you want to get more detail regarding BARC exams, then please visit this site-

http://www.hrdbarc.gov.in
4th October 2010, 12:07 AM
yogeshyadav

Dear friend,
yes you can applicable BARC. it is source for atomic energy.they take direct interviw according to the cutt off which they have pass.for direct interviw you have to qualify GATE with good percentile.
thank you.
5th October 2010, 12:37 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

I am assuming that you are talking about the OCES program. If so, you are eligible provided you have an aggregate of at least 60%. To apply online, you need to log on to www.hrdbarc.gov.in and follow the instructions. To apply offline, you need to make an application form of the format given on the site and send across to the address mentioned there. Admission is based either on the GATE score or the written test conducted by BARC.
5th October 2010, 01:57 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

ye you can join BARC by giving there entrance exam conducted by the BARC
some time they also call for direct interview for the person who qualified GATE WITH good percentile about 97
ok all the best
9th October 2010, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

hello,i am pursuing my msc in biotechnology am i eligible.
13th October 2010, 01:32 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Eligibility for BARC exam for BTECH ECE and how to apply for BARC?

Quote:
dear friend,

for BARC entry there is two way.1st ,you can go through GATE score and 2nd,you can go through BARC examination.Notification will be publish on december 2010 or January 2011.you can fillup form online or offline.

BARc written test is a 3hrs examination,all are MCQ.after clear written test then you are calledfor interview.

written test is easy ,they are asking the basic engineering knowledge.but interview is too tough,they are asking detailed and through knowledge over the subject.

good luck.
14th October 2010, 09:56 AM
aotiwari

Default Eligibility for BARC exam

Qualifying Degree or exam

Those having M.Sc. in Physics / Chemistry, Biology (or) related science subjects with minimum 60% * marks in M.Sc as well as B.Sc (or) B.E. / B.Tech. (or) equivalent with minimum 60% * marks in one of the following Engineering disciplines: Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Metallurgy, Instrumentation are eligible to apply.

Applicants for Physics discipline should have Physics and Mathematics up to B.Sc (or) at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5 Years integrated M.Sc.

Applicants for Chemistry discipline should have Mathematics up to XII std and Physics up to B.Sc (or) at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5 Years integrated M.Sc.

For Biology and related disciplines M.Sc in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Food Technology, Animal Science, Life Sciences and Biosciences. (or) BE / B.Tech / B.Sc (Tech) only in Food Technology with minimum (or) 60% * marks.

MSc applicants should have Physics (or) Chemistry (or) Biochemistry (or) Agriculture Chemistry up to B.Sc (or) at subsidiary (or) Ancillary level in case of 5 Year integrated M.Sc with minimum of 60% * aggregate marks in M.Sc as well as in B.Sc.
Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of GATE Score should have valid GATE Score in Life Sciences. Those having M.Sc with specialization in subjects like Fisheries, Horticulture, Forestry, Agronomy, Animal Husbandly. Marine Biology and Home Science etc and BE / B.Tech / M.Tech in Biotechnology / Genetic Engineering are not eligible.
* A minimum of 60% marks means that 60% minimum marks in the qualifying degree / P.G. degree as per the ordinance of the respective university in the respective disciplines (or) equivalent CGPA (converted to % marks by multiplying with 100 / x if GGPA is on x points scale).

Those whose final results of qualifying degree are awaited can also apply. In the event of selection mark sheet of final result should be submitted by 30 November, 2010.

This means you can apply if you satisfy the marks criteria.
14th October 2010, 09:58 AM
aotiwari

Default Age limit for BARC

The candidates desirous of availing DAE Fellowship should have been bom on or after 01 September, 1984. Age limit is relaxable by 3 Years for OBC and by 5 Years for SC / ST applicants.

Check out the age criteria if you match then apply.
10th December 2010, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have done btech in metallurgy and have done ASNT LEVEL 2 in rt and completed my btech after completing diploma in metallurgy, so my question is my percentage in btech is less than 60, am i eligible for barc level 2.
thanks in advance
13th December 2010, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

hi iam b-tech biotech student. iam in 3rd year . am i eligible to apply in barc. wats the scope of biotechnology at barc..
17th December 2010, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

Hello,

I have completed my engg. from IT branch and this year I am appearing in Gate exam and choice of my paper is CS. After clearing Gate am I eligible for M.tech or 4 year P.hd from Barc???
23rd December 2010, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am going to pass diploma in may 2011in ece.can i do b.tech from BARC?
11th January 2011, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
i request u to inform me about the barc criteria for gate as i am a student of 3rd yr e.c.e (b.tech),....my earnest request to u that tell me about the gate 2011 cutof marks & what ever required for that purpose

mail id: [email protected]
mob.: 9434167170
20th January 2011, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

sir im a btech ece student... im giving gate exam this year...n want to apply for the barc too.. please tell me the site... means online registration for barc so that i can fill it now...for the registration...
25th January 2011, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a 3rd year student of metallurgy at it-bhu can i apply for internship at barc
14th February 2011, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

can you please tell me the cut off GATE score for BARC (for an ECE student)???
15th February 2011, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,
can u please tell me what was the barc cutoff using gate 2010???and how much student they used to call for the interview
18th March 2011, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

i ve valid gate score and maintained 73% agg.....im an b.e...ece student..am i eligible for barc?
27th March 2011, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

sir,i m 4th year ece student and my gate score is 96.2 percentile.am i eligible for direct interview in barc
15th July 2011, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

Is the B.E in computer science & engg. student eligible for BARC?
19th July 2011, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Sir/Madam
I have completed my MSc. in Electronics.Plz tell me am I eligible for BARC exam.
24th July 2011, 05:52 AM
Unregistered

Sir/Madam
I am doing b tech in nuclear engineering from srm university. Am i eligible for barc test?
24th July 2011, 05:57 AM
Unregistered

Sir/Madam
I am doing b tech in Nuclear Engineering. Am i eligible for BARC test?
31st July 2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i am 4th yr ece B.E student maintainig 71% average, i have GATE score card with 85.7 percentile.
am I eligible for direct interview in BARC.
Email id- [email protected]
25th August 2011, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
My qualification is DECE(second class) and i have 5 years experience as RT INSPECTOR in NIGERIA with ASNT LEVEL II,so, is any possibility for me to do BARC LEVEL II,if it is possible,kindly inform me,
28th August 2011, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am a b.tech chemical engineering candidate, fresher. how do i join the barc training school?
25th September 2011, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

If i have 55% in m.sc then i am can not apply in barc job?
5th October 2011, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am siva krishna .i am studing final b.tech..can i apply for barc exams.how to apply to this
9th October 2011, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

how can i join barc???
12th October 2011, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

sir iam b.e final year student cse. am i eligible for barc exam and how to apply for this
15th October 2011, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

sir,i'm 12th passed student. can i apply for barc exam????
31st October 2011, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am a 3rd year student of 4-year Bachelor of Science(B.S) programme in Physical Science Department in Gauhati University(G.U). am i eligible for barc exam?
22nd January 2012, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

sir ,
i m from it branch am i eligible for barc exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?