2nd December 2018, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for UPSC Civil services after Completing BPP course from IGNOU?

I have done my Bachelor's Prepatory Program(BPP) from IGNOU after my 10th but I don't have 12th std qualification and after completing my BPP course I also did BDP (BA) from IGNOU. Am I eligible for UPSC civil services exam? And if now I do 12th then my graduation is valid or not?

4th December 2018, 07:45 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for UPSC Civil services after Completing BPP course from IGNOU?

BPP stands for bacBachelor's Preparatory Program. This program enables those students who do not have the essential qualification of having passed 10+2 to enter higher education stream. It is valid for admission to IGNOU non formal stream of Bachelor of Arts/B.Com.
So, after completion of this course you need to complete your 3 years graduate degree from IGNOU then you will be eligible for UPSC exam.
5th December 2018, 10:55 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for UPSC Civil services after Completing BPP course from IGNOU?

The eligibility to appear for Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category. So, you are eligible to appear in the examination.

Candidates passed 12th or equivalent course are eligible to get admission in the bachelor course and after the bachelor course you are eligible to appear for examination. The three stages of examination are :- Preliminary, Mains, and Interview.

To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th December 2018, 03:55 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

BPP refers to Bachelor Preparatory Programme and same is neither equivalent to a regular intermediate degree nor to any bachelor degree course and hence on the basis of BPP course from IGNOU, you are not eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination held by UPSC.

But, as you have mentioned that you have pursued BDP ( Bachelors degree programme ) i.e; BA after your BPP degree course, which is considered equivalent to a bachelor degree course, and therefore you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For more details regarding the UPSC Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st July 2019, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

After completing bpp corse and graduation eligible for upsc exam
18th June 2020, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

I have done my bpp cources and now continue ba from ignou should i apear for. Cse exam
23rd September 2021, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Can we apply for cds exam after completing BPP couse
1st November 2021, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

I am from assam, I've pass bpp for krishna Kanta handique State Open university and I m studying in this open university ba 4th semester, but I don't know what I'll do, can I prepation upsc exam after complete ba, plz guide me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?