25th January 2022, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to do My PGDM or MBA from top IIM's

I have less percentage in My Academics i.e., 10th - 68%, 12th - 49.9%, BBA - 54.82% and I have a query about, Am I eligible to do My PGDM or MBA in top IIM's ? And what percentile I have to get in CAT exam ?

27th January 2022, 11:08 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility to do My PGDM or MBA from top IIM's

Eligibility for MBA:-

The basic IIM eligibility criteria is graduation with minimum 50 per cent aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA (45 per cent for SC, ST and PWD/DA category) Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification exam or awaiting their results, are also eligible to apply.

Eligibility for PGDM:-

To be eligible for admission to the PGDM Program, the participants must possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in any discipline, recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) for admission to post-graduate programs.
28th January 2022, 05:33 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

As per your academic background, it will very tough for you get a call from top IIMs even if you manage top percentile in CAT (Common Aptitude Test) as IIMs do give significant weightage to candidates academic background for interview call.

But, you should not be worried very much about the same and give your best in CAT to get the best possible percentile score as good CAT percentile score can offer you the option of new IIMs and other top business schools if not top IIMs.
28th January 2022, 11:28 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

For PGDM program, they need to have bachelor's degree with minimum 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in any discipline recognised by AIU for admission to PG programs.
The salary depends a lot on your college and the experience that you have.

Candidate must have qualified MBA entrance exams like CAT, XAT, MAT etc
Candidates with work experience are preferred.

MBA is a degree program while PGDM is a diploma program .
29th January 2022, 08:43 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You have not scored better in your academic qualification but still is there is chance of getting admission in IIM f you score better in the CAT and perform better in interview round.

You are eligible to appear for the entrance examination and after qualifying in it eligible for admission in MBA course in premier institutions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?