12th January 2011, 10:23 PM
me.speaks

Eligibility requirements for PG in Physics?

I want to take admission for july session in physics for PG courses. so i want to know the requirement criteria or eligibility requirements and also how to get admission?

Related Questions:
  1. Best universities from which I can do the MSc Physics through distance mode? What is the admission procedure, eligibility criteria and requirements?
  2. How can I apply for Integrated PhD course in IISC, Bangalore being a T.Y.B.Sc(Physics) student? Eligibility and requirements to apply?
  3. Requirements to study Integrated M.Sc(Physics) in Delhi for 12th ISC student?
  4. How many semester does I have to clear in Physics to apply for AIPMT being a NRI student?
  5. What is the eligibility for girl for CDS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am i eligible for government job if I have a backlog history?
  7. How to Study Physics Abroad? Different Scholarships available?
  8. Eligibility and requirements to join Naval Academy for 10th NIOS student?
  9. What are the requirements and eligibility for the following courses Masters in abroad? -- [New]
  10. In which universities of USA I can apply directly for PhD in Physics? What are their requirements?
  11. Am I eligible for Navy after completing B.Tech from M.E branch?
  12. When are the forms available for BDS? Eligibility criteria and the requirements?
  13. Can I get admission in CBSE with 65% in 10th NIOS?
  14. Entry requirements for BS(Applied Physics) in California Institute of Technology for 12th candidate?
  15. Eligibility and requirements to study M.Sc(Biochemistry) in Presidency University?
  16. What are the basic requirements we should have for doing Ph.D in Germany?
  17. Is B.Sc in Physics offered in ISRO? Detailed information and eligibility to apply for 12th student?
  18. Eligibility for PGT after post graduation in geophysics?
12th October 2011, 01:07 AM
amusohrab

Default Re: Eligibility requirements for PG in Physics?

the eligibility requirements for different courses is different for different institutions
will you please clarify, where you want to take admission.
22nd February 2012, 11:08 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

the eligibility requirements for different courses is different for different institutions
will you please clarify, where you want to take admission.
31st March 2012, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
im seema. DOB 1 feb 1980. i have passed bsc. in cbz in 2002. i want to do msc in physics from distance education. i have very good knowledge
in physics. kindly help can i do msc in physics? if no than can i do graduation in single subject physics. plz help.
mail id- mr_india2007yahoo.com
14th March 2013, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

sir i compleated my Mtech may i eligible to do the msc pysics in distancemode for degree lecturer which is recruited through NET exam and which is conducted by appsc also
20th June 2013, 05:47 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by me.speaks View Post
I want to take admission for july session in physics for PG courses. so i want to know the requirement criteria or eligibility requirements and also how to get admission?
If you are Interested to do Post Graduation degree course in Physics,then you should apply for Central Level Entrance test for taking admission in this course.There is a entrance test conducted by the IIT for taking admission in Post Graduation degree courses in IIT Campuses.this Entrance test in IIT JAM.Through this entrance test you will able to take admission in two types of courses.These are :-
  • IISC - Integrated Course (M.SC + P.HD) .
  • IIT M.SC .
Eligibility requirements

For IISC Integrated Course :
  • Your minimum educational qualification should be Graduation pass out with science stream frm recognized university.
  • Your Honors paper in Graduation level should be Physics .
  • Marks required for General/OBC category candidates should be 60% and for SC/ST category should be 50% in Graduation level.
For IIT'S Master degree course :
  • Your qualification should be Graduation pass out with science discipline from recognized university.
  • Your Honors paper in Graduation degree course should be Physics with Mathematics.
  • General/OBC category candidates should have a minimum of 55% marks and for SC/ST category candidates minimum marks should be 50% in Graduation level.
Exam Pattern :
  • Total number of questions will be 50.
  • Total marks will be 100.
  • Total duration for this entrance test will be 2 hours.
Exam Syllabus :
  • Mathematical Methods.
  • Mechanics and General Properties of Matter.
  • Oscillations,Waves and Optics.
  • Electricity and Magnetism.
  • Kinetic Theory and Thermodynamics.
  • Modern Physics.
  • Solid state Physics,Devices and Electronics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?