24th January 2020, 03:51 AM
Unregistered

Which engineering branch is suitable for B.Sc Mathematics qualified candidates?

Hi, I am Amit Srivashtav and I have completed my B.Sc in Mathematics and now wish to study further for an engineering degree. So, which engineering branch or specialization would be best for me having Graduated with Mathematics?

25th January 2020, 07:41 PM
sarika1993

Default Re: Which engineering branch is suitable for B.Sc Mathematics qualified candidates?

There is no much more relation between B.Sc (Mathematics) and branch of engineering. So, you can choose the any engineering branch after B.Sc (Mathematics). If you are interested to pursue engineering course, then you should choose the branch of engineering in which you are most interested according to your knowledge, interest, skills and career goal. You as a B.Sc graduate are eligible for lateral entry admission to 2nd year of engineering based on entrance exam.

Top Engineering Branches
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- IT Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering (EEE)

- If you want the government job, then you should prefer electrical engineering or mechanical engineering or civil engineering. These are the core branches of engineering.
- If you want to make a career in computer related jobs, then you should choose computer science engineering or IT engineering.
- If you have more interest related to electronics and circuits, then you should choose EC engineering or electronics and electrical engineering (EEE).
25th January 2020, 07:52 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which engineering branch is suitable for B.Sc Mathematics qualified candidates?

Suitable engineering branches for BSc mathematics qualified candidates:-
Maths is used in all the branches of engineering. You will study maths till semester 4( that is 2 years out of 4)
Whereas in electronics, electrical, ECE, mechanical, automobile, industrial, civil you will need maths to solve problems.
27th January 2020, 08:59 PM
anshgoyal95

As such there is no relationship between B.sc(H) and Engineering degree but as you have completed your graduation with maths then you can apply your mathematics knowledge in Computer science degree as there is logical approach.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?