13th June 2012, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Which field should I select between commerce and science after passing 10th? How much percentage do I need?

I just passed 10th class and i want to join IIM which field i select commerce or science? how many percentage i need?

Related Questions:
21st June 2012, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which field should I select between commerce and science after passing 10th? How much percentage do I need?

suppose my percentage is 50 to above and i want to take science so can i take?
20th June 2013, 02:24 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which field should I select between commerce and science after passing 10th? How much percentage do I need?

Hi

You can choose any course depending upon your interest.
If you want to go for accounts, economic, banking, CA etc Commerce would be a good choice

If you want to go for engineering , medical etc then science would be a good choice.

Cut of science and commerce depends from college to college.
Best college has higher cut off.

If your percentage is 50% then you can get science in not so good college.
But you should keep applying, may be you may get good college as well.

All the best
28th June 2013, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

what will be best after doing bca ? babk exam or mca
28th June 2013, 01:28 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

You can choose any of them.
it depend on your interest and kind of career you want in your future life.
both of them are good and provide good scope of growth and also the salary is also good.
If you want to go towards banking or finance, then commerce is advisable.
However, you want to go for engineering or medical side, then you should go for science.

If you talk about India scenario, science has more option than commerce. It doesnt mean commerce doesnt have, but it is still under growth.
More and more commerce are coming in India.
No matter what you choose, go for the best college and also be amongst the topper of the class ( especially in commerce) if you want good career.

all the best
28th June 2013, 01:29 PM
pinksony

Hello friend....

Its is totally based on you if good knowledge in science subjects like physics,chemistry i suggest you to take mpc and go to engineering field....if not take cec or mec(commerece )and become a good chatered accountant(ca)there are many accountant jobs where you can work in bank......
Choose correct option i wish u all the best...........
28th June 2013, 05:22 PM
Sai.asp123
Junior Member+

Hello friend...

Both commerce and science have a very high significance in this present scenario. Depend upon your interest you can select any of these subjects. If you are interest about banking,accounts then go for commerece.If you are interest about maths,physics you can go for the science. There is 50% is efficient to join in any course.

All the best for your future...
2nd January 2014, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

what should i select after 10th if I am interested in science but i am average in it?
21st March 2015, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

i don't know what should i take in 11th i got a b1 in science and a d in maths but i sometimes think that if i work hard i can get good grades but sometimes i think commerce is better and i cannot handle science please tell me what should i do if i take commerce i will take it with maths so that i will have a lot of time to focus on maths so please tell me what should i chose my parents have given me deadline till 25th April 2015 to tell them what have i chosen.
21st March 2015, 03:28 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Which field should I select between commerce and science after passing 10th? How much percentage do I need?

If you were very much interest in taking the course from IIM which is of management studies then take up the Commerce related course other then the science course in 12th as the Commerce graduates can take up the Management related courses from IIM.

IIM are mainly known as the Indian Institute of Management Studies which mainly offers the Post graduate degree courses mainly.and in order to take up the PG course first you must complete your Bachelor degree course after 12th class and then appear for the entrance examinations such as the CAT ,MAT,XAT,etc for getting seat in IIM and IIT or B-schools and then you can take up the Management course of study .

In order to get the seat from IIM you should study hard and which has high competition for getting seat also so take up the commerce related course in your 12th and bachelor degree and then apply for the MBA from IIM through the CAT | MAT examinations and depending on the scores you will be allotted the seats.

You can also take up any other course also in your bachelor degree other then the B.Com or any commerce fields and then appear for the IIM.
21st March 2015, 04:14 PM
unique99

I have studied your situation very well, so far my knowledge goes I suggest you should go for PCB (Physics ,Chemistry,Biology)this will help you to become a successful Doctor.As you mentioned Mathematics is weak subject for you then it is hard to shine in Engineeringas well as in Commerce.

You complete your 12th standard with the subjects PCB and secure at least 50%.marks to sit for the Joint Entrance Examination.Accordingly as per your merit you can choose
Medical/BDS/B.PHARMA/AGRI BSC/FASHION Designing etc.

So you avoid both engineering line as well as commerce line at least you will get relief from doing Math and do biology to become a Medical Officer.

Thank You,
21st March 2015, 10:16 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Hi;
I want to state that while selecting subject after try to think about want you want to be in future whether the subject you choose will help you in future.
Try to think that the subject you are selecting are you interested in it.

While selecting please have great think about all these about because this is the main time from here your journey starts and the way you water the plant and take care of it the same flavour of fruits it will provide it to you.
22nd March 2015, 12:39 AM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

The subject you choose in 12th its totally depend on your interest.

if you are interested in doing maths,physics and chemistry and want to become an engineer than it is better to choose science+maths

if you are interested in bio,chemistry,physics and want to become a doctor than it is better to choose science + bio

and if you are interested in any other stream like for charted accountant you should take commerce

and for going in IAS RAS you should join arts but it is not fully necessary you can prepare for admistrative services with any other stream also.

hope you understand and choose a right stream for yourself.
22nd March 2015, 07:12 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
As you have just passed the 10th and going to take admission in 11th class then i suggest you that you have to select the subjects as per your interest if you are interested in commerce stream as in mathematics and account related field then the best stream to you is commerce and if you interested in technical education in future and you are brilliant in physics and chemistry in 10th and have a good knowledge of math or biology then you have to select the science stream.
Required percentage of marks in 10th to get admission in 11th in such stream-:
You should have obtained the minimum 65-80% to get admission in both the streams as both are the best stream and career option in these stream are very good so in some qualitical governments and private schools goes high to get admission as this is the time of tough competition so you have to prepare from now.

Career options in commerce-:

1.Best option in this stream is C.A. (Charted accountant) which you can got admission in this course after 12th if you passed the entrance CPT exam.

2.Other options are simple graduation as B.com and M.com and can join any management department of any firm and a company after B.com or M.com.

3.After completing C.A. you can join any company and the government banks as Manager which is the most valuable post of any bank.

Career option for science stream students-:

1.After 12th you can join the any graduation course if you belong to ( PCM) then you can join the B.Sc and B.tech courses which offers today’s good salary jobs as the time is now of technology and it is going more competent and technical with time so more importance is there of technology.

2. Also after b.sc you can go for m.sc in any specialization in any subjects you interested most as Physics or chemistry and after it doors are always open of ( National physical laboratory) N.P.L. in New Delhi. If you interested in research department.

3. If you have rather biology in 12th than math you can also join the M.B.B.S. course after passing the P.M.T. ( Pre medical test) and A.I.M.S. exam for admission.

4. In biology you have also the options for b.sc and master courses which are also highly valuable if you are master of your subject.

Thanks have a nice day.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?