27th October 2010, 07:09 PM
Saloni Bhargava

Graduation courses in Astronomy: Admission details, eligibility criteria?

I'm currently in 12th std. with pcm (cbse board). I'm highly passionate about astronomy. By your website I came to know about following universities:
Osmania University
Punjab University
Andhra University
Madras University
I want to know all the admission details i.e. eligibility criteria & admission tests & its pattern (If any).
Thank you
Saloni Bhargava

Related Questions:
  1. Are there any entrance exams to be answered to get admission to Raman Instutute? Eligibility criteria of the courses? Colleges providing Astronomy course?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria followed for getting admission for graduation courses? -- [New]
  3. In which entrance exam I have to appear for admission in Astronomy UG program after completing Diploma in E&TC? Eligibility criteria and tips for preparation?
  4. Post graduation in Astronomy possible after Electronics & Telecommunication engineering?
  5. Institutes offering Astronomical Science course after 12th?
  6. What is the eligibility criteria to apply for M.Sc Astronomy?
  7. Can I study Astronomy in Graduation after completing 12th Science? List of colleges which offer Astronomy in Delhi?
  8. What is the procedure followed for doing Ph.D in Astronomy from IGNOU?
  9. Which courses can I join after graduation? Eligibility criteria and percentage of marks required?
  10. Am I eligible to opt for Astronomy course after completion of Biology in 11th and 12th?
  11. Eligibility criteria for admission in 3 years LLB course? Universities/colleges in Delhi, Rajasthan and UP?
  12. List post graduate courses in Psychology? Eligibility criteria for admission in post graduation?
  13. What is good for me after BSc in Astronomy? What is the eligibility?
  14. Which post graduation course is best to pursue in Astronomy field?
  15. Eligibility criteria, Admission Procedure and Fee Structure for ICWA course to join after the completion of Graduation in B.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. What is the eligibility criteria for law courses?
  17. Which course should I opt for making a career in astronomy after B.Sc? List of the top institutes for the same?
  18. Which institutions offer M.Sc.or integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. course in astronomy?
27th October 2010, 09:02 PM
rohi9t

Default Re: Graduation courses in Astronomy: Admission details, eligibility criteria?

you need have a strong knowledge of physics and maths and good marks in 12th class.
these universities conduct their own test or takan through olympiad conduct every year.
28th October 2010, 12:17 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Default Re: Graduation courses in Astronomy: Admission details, eligibility criteria?

dear friends,
here there are many collge under these univesity, so let me know about which collge you want to know.all the above mention univesity is good and regular and finished the course at the time.there is very good collge under the followings university,
such as the thapar collge is the best in the punjab university
osmaniya university is also very good .
29th October 2010, 01:08 AM
professor.singh

Hello,

To take admission into Astronomy college you can give JEST,SSC examination for qualification.

The Admission details, eligibility criteria for all colleges is different depends up on there approach.

following are some of the details about colleges..

1. Center for Research and Education in Science and Technology,
Bangalore
Tel.: 080-25530672

2. National Center for Radio Astrophysics,
Pune
Tel.: 020-25719000

3. S. N. Bose National Center for Basic Sciences,
KOlkata
Tel.: 033-23355706

All the best
29th October 2010, 07:28 PM
Saloni Bhargava

Question Re: Graduation courses in Astronomy: Admission details, eligibility criteria?

hi
thank you very much for your reply can u give me detalils for all four i.e punjab, osmania, andhra & madras universities so that I can choose the one acc. to my caliber.
by details I mean:
colleges under the university
dates to fill addmission forms
addmission test & its pattern
minimum % in 12th

what if I hadn't opted for olympiads??????
30th October 2010, 11:59 PM
Saloni Bhargava

Thank you very much sir
but JEST requires post graduation & SSC requires graduation & wanted to opt for bsc in astronomy. I'm currently in 12th std with pcm (cbse board).
1st November 2010, 12:54 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

Actually qualification should also be there for entry in astrophysics, but still you can enter in many ways :
-After 12th, if you choose
-normal graduation(BSc) then: Do it in Maths or Physics , as they are the least qualification that one should acquire to apply for MSc or MSc-PhD .
-Engineering line then must be from these streams: Applied Physics or Computer science or Electrical or Electronics or Instumentation or Mechanical or Photonics/opto-electronics
-After MPhil (For admission in PhD): you should be from : Applied physics or instrumentation or Mathematics or Photonics or physics
-After MTech(For admission in PhD) : you should be from abovesaid streams of engineering
The selection procedure will involve: a screening test, and personal interview at IIA, Bangalore for those candidates shortlisted in the screening test. Candidates qualified in Physics subject in JEST scoring 96 percentile and above, and/or Physics subject in GATE scoring 96 percentile and above, and/or UGC-CSIR-NET for Junior Research Fellowship will be exempted from the screening test.
19th November 2010, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.tech in Computer Science..........how can I make my career in astrophysics.My % in B.tech is 70%.........
30th March 2011, 06:33 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
here there are many collge under these univesity, so let me know about which collge you want to know.all the above mention univesity is good and regular and finished the course at the time.there is very good collge under the followings university,
such as the thapar collge is the best in the punjab university
osmaniya university is also very good .
Thanks
1st April 2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Is astronomy a expensive career?
31st May 2011, 02:28 AM
Unregistered

I have secured 58% in 12th exam. What would I do to be an astronomer?
20th June 2011, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

where to get a bachelor degree in astronomy in india
20th June 2011, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

where to get a bachelor degree in astronomy in india
2nd July 2011, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

i have done my m tech in aerospace engineering and done my btech in electronics and communication..can i go for phd in astronomy and astrophysics?plsss reply
24th August 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

im currently doin my bca and im interested to do astronomy course . am i eligible to take astronomy???
17th September 2011, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

im doing my b.e course in electronics and telecommunication engineering. what can i do for joinig astronomy? which exams can i give for that?
6th April 2012, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

i got 57% marks in commerce stream . can i get admission in astronomy courses?
21st August 2012, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

i m a class 12th student and want to pursue my carrier in astrophysics.how can i go to inter university of pune for my pg in astrophysics and how much should i score in my m.sc to become eligible?
21st August 2012, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

i want to do my pg in astrophysics in inter university of astronomy and astrophysics..i am currently in class 12..how can i take admission there and how much should i score in my b.sc to be eligible?
22nd August 2012, 05:54 PM
prince raj1

hi.....
Astronomy is the science dealing with all the celestial bodies in the universe. It is the study of the movement, nature and constitution of heavenly bodies. It is also the study of the laws which direct them, as also the effects, which they produce upon one another. For pursuing a career in Theoretical Astronomy/observations, one can do B.Sc. in Physics and /or Mathematics after 10 + 2. Master’s level course in Astronomy with specialization in Theoretical Astronomy is offered by various institutes and universities.
To pursue a career in Instrumentation/Experimental Astronomy, one can do Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Electrical / Electronics/Electrical Communications, after 10 + 2. Then one can appear for the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) examination, which makes one eligible to do specialization in astronomy leading to Ph. D.

■Inter University Centre For AstronomyAnd Astrophysics
Pune, Maharastra.

■Swami Ramanand Teerth University
Nanded
Maharastra

■Madurai Kamaraj University
Madurai, Tamil Nadu
Tel: 2458421, 2459185

■Andhra University
Visakhapatnam 530003
Course: MSc Space Physics
26th January 2013, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I have completed BSc.I.T (bachelor of science in information technology) from mumbai university,
is there anyway i can get into astronomy field? and if there is what would be the duration and name of the courses. Thank you.
19th November 2013, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Namaste.I am Anuja.I am in Fergusson college for my B.Sc.physics course.I want to about eligibility criteria for M.Sc. Astronomy course in Osmania University.Please help me.
6th December 2013, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Helo... I am a b.sc. 2nd year student(p.c.m.). . . I have a keen interest in astronomy especially theoritical and observational astronomy. . . I wanted to know the minimum percentage required to opt M.Sc. In astronomy. . . Some of the replys above say JEST exam. .but that's i think is for p.h.d. Level. . Cn u help me?
8th September 2016, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am anurag nayyar from punjab i will have to become a astronomer you will gave some edu.details which i can study in punjab
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?