29th December 2015, 11:23 AM
Unregistered

Graduation part 1 student can join IPS entrance exam?

Good morning Respected sir/madam, I would like to ask that i am graduation part 1 student so can i join the entrance exam of IPS?... Thank you.

29th December 2015, 06:03 PM
pariyo ki rani
Member+

Default Re: Graduation part 1 student can join IPS entrance exam?

For joining the Indian Police Service Entrance exam,you must passed out or in the final year of graduation.

For getting the post of Indian Police Service,you must passed out the common defense service entrance examination.

So must passed out or in the final year in graduation for getting entry into it.

Age as well as marks relaxation for this post will be different in different category like:-
SC,ST,PWD,OBC.
29th December 2015, 07:51 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good morning Respected sir/madam, I would like to ask that i am graduation part 1 student so can i join the entrance exam of IPS?... Thank you.
- No, you cannot as according to the minimum educational qualification candidate has to have a degree of Graduation during form fill up for entrance examination for IPS which is conducted by UPSC every year.

- Also the minimum age should be 21 years but not more than 32 years (33 in case of OBC and 35 in case of SC/ST candidates)

So, after the completion of your graduation degree or when you are in a final year of your Graduation degree then only you can apply for IPS exam.

For more details log on to : www.upsc.gov.in/
29th December 2015, 08:07 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Graduation part 1 student can join IPS entrance exam?

IPS is the Indian Police Services which is one of the Civil services of India,This is one of the prestigious Civil Services in India.In order to appear for this IPS examination you need to qualify or should be in the Finale year of the Graduation course of study.

As you are in the Part 1 which is nothing but the 1st semester you can not appear for the IPS entrance examination you need to complete your graduation or should be in the Finale year of graduation so you are not eligible now and you can appear after your graduation or in the finale year of year of the graduation.

There are some specific eligibility criteria which are available in order to appear for the IPS entrance test and they are.
  1. Should complete any of the bachelor degree or any of the graduation course in any stream
  2. Should belong to the Citizen of India only
  3. Should have attained 21 years and not exceed 30 years of age limit.
  4. There are age relaxations are also available as per the government specifications
  5. There are particular number of attempts which differ from category to category such as OC 4 times and OBC 7 times and for other categories Unlimited times.
29th December 2015, 10:03 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. It comes under Civil Services examination. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

>>Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for exam.

>>Age limit: 21-32 years with three years upper age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

You can not apply for Civil Services examination while pursuing first parts of bachelor's degree. You can apply only in final if you will complete minimum age of 21 years on 1st August year of exam.
29th December 2015, 10:34 PM
Mohit.Bansal

IPS stands for Indian Police Services.

For IPS the minimum required eligibility criteria is graduation.

You can also apply for the exam while studying in final year of your graduation.

For IPS you have to appear for UPSC Civil Services exam.

The exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

The exam is conducted in three parts-

>> CSAT
>> Mains
>> Interview

For exam you must be an Indian citizen.

Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years.

There is relaxation in upper age limit according to government rules.
30th December 2015, 12:27 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you are in final year of your graduation degree then you are eligible for IPS exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For SC/ST category:- No limit
30th December 2015, 10:47 PM
narim.

No.Graduation part1 or 1st years students can not be eligible to join IPS through IPS Entrance Exam.

The students should complete Graduation for being eligible for IPS.

Along with this, students need to have age of 21-32 years. Relaxation in age for OBC candidates for 3 years and for SC and ST candidates for 5 years.

IPS Entrance Exam is otherwise called as Civil Services Exam which is the Entrance Exam for the students for getting eligibility for all the civil services. IPS is one of the civil service.

This Exam is conducted in 2 stages. First stage is called as Preliminary Exam and the second stage is called as Main Exam.

After selecting in these 2 stages, students should undergo Interview.
31st December 2015, 09:33 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

IPS - Indian Police Services.

You are nothing eligible for IPS exam while pursuing first part of graduation degree.

Eligibility Criteria:- Graduation in any discipline from recognized university .Final year students can also apply.

Age limit:- 21 to 32 years.

Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC.

Age relaxation of 5 years for SC.
31st December 2015, 11:18 PM
anuradha1985

No,only graduation passed or final year student can apply for IPS .

Eligibility for IPS exam
Candidate should be Indian.
Candidate should be graduate.
age limit- 21 to 32 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?