17th May 2017, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

Which group should I take in 11 std to become a fashion designer

I have just completed my 10 std. I want to become a fashion designer in my future. I don't know which group I should take. Please help me....

17th May 2017, 02:43 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which group should I take in 11 std to become a fashion designer

For studying Fashion designing the eligibility is 10+2 in any group with minimum 50%.
After completing +2 you need to attend the entrance exam conducted by some institutions or you can directly take admission in the college.
There are different areas in fashion designing they include:
- Garment designing
- Garment designing technology
- Apparel marketing and merchandising
- Leather and garment design technology
- Knitwear design and technology
- Textile design and development
- Fashion journalism and presentation
Theses are few areas according your interest you can join in that field and fulfill dreams.
17th May 2017, 06:40 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become fashion designer in future you can opt for any stream in your 11th standard because to become fashion designer a candidate must have passed 12th standard in any discipline from a recognised board and must possess a degree in fashion designing from recognised Institute of India.
You can either opt the science, arts or commerce stream as per your interest and after that you have to qualify the entrance exam if you want to pursue a degree from a recognised government institute of a country otherwise you can also take admission on the basis of money donation in private institutes.
17th May 2017, 06:47 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

To apply for fashion designing course in India you must pass your 10+2 from a recognised board of education.

There is rules for subjects in plus two means should be pass plus two in any stream.

After passing 10+2 you can apply for entrance examination in that are conducted by National Institute of Fashion Designing on the national level.

Those who get a good rank in the entrance examination will get a good college.
17th May 2017, 07:17 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to become fashion designer:

You need not to be confused that which stream you should choose in your 11th standard to become fashion designer because to become fashion designer it is not compulsory that you have to choose one specific stream you can choose any stream in which you have interest and you want to opt for whether Science, Commerce or Arts.
Personally I want that you must choose art stream because it is easy and you can cope with the syllabus easy and you can prepare yourself for the entrance test of fashion designer. As it is already decided by you that you have to become fashion designer so why to choose for difficult stream.
17th May 2017, 08:50 PM
ranu shahi

I suggest you to take commerce stream along with mathematics to pursue fashion designing in future.
Commerce along with mathematics help you in applying for NIFT.
18th May 2017, 01:34 PM
help100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have just completed my 10 std. I want to become a fashion designer in my future. I don't know which group I should take. Please help me....
Look if you are aspiring to become a fashion designer then its best you stick to some creative subject, like in the prelims they ask mcq questions and there they will judge your general knowledge capacity in regard to textile and fabric industry but once you get qualified in the prelim, you need to sit for situation test where you will be given certain things and will be asked to prepare something and their they will judge your imaginative skill and this is the level their may people fails to crack and followed by GD and Personal Interview...... so if you are really interested in pursing then start preparing from now onwards only for NIFT, FDDI and other institutes exam, better join a institute to sharp your knowledge and crack the exam.

Good Luck,

Help100%
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?