31st May 2018, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Having failed in Mathematics in 12th board exam am I eligible to take admission in BCA?

I had taken Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) subject combination in 12th along with Computer. I have failed in Mathematics exam but scored good marks in Computer. Can I get admission in BCA? Will I get good placement with this result?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to take admission in B.Sc Agriculture even though I failed in Mathematics in 12th board exam?
  2. Am I eligible to get admission in MCA if I do not have any mathematics paper in BCA but I have studied 12th with mathematics?
  3. Am I eligible to get admission in BCA being a 12th PCB student?
  4. Can I write the intermediate failed subject to join B.Tech by discontinuing Diploma?
  5. Is my 12th percentage enough to get admission in BCA course?
  6. Am I eligible to sit for NEET, if failed in maths of 12th class? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Am I eligible to apply for Graduation if completed 12th but failed in Mathematics?
  8. Can I pursue BCA course after completing class 12th with Arts stream without Maths, Physics and Chemistry as subjects?
  9. What should I do if failed in Mathematics but qualified in 12th CBSE Board exam?
  10. Am I eligible for NEET exam even if I fail in Mathematics in 12th board exam?
  11. Can I appear in Mathematics exam for NIOS Board if failed in 12th CBSE?
  12. Whether having Mathematics in 12th for BCA is compulsory or not? Name of colleges which takes admission without Maths?
  13. Is it possible to get admission in BCA for a candidate who has got compartment in Mathematics of 12th PSEB Board exam?
  14. Am I eligible for any colleges in Australia for graduate courses having failed in 3 subjects in 12th board exam?
  15. Am I eligible for MCA in JNU after passing 12th commerce with 47% from UP board without Mathematics
  16. Possibility to secure 12th admission in Bihar Board for a failed candidate of CBSE Board? -- [New]
  17. Am I eligible to get admission in class 12th (ICSE) if I failed in class 12th (CBSE)?
  18. Can I pursue BCA and MCA courses without having Mathematics in 12th Class?
1st June 2018, 09:01 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Having failed in Mathematics in 12th board exam am I eligible to take admission in BCA?

For getting admission to any graduation course, you must first clear your Board exam result.

If you are fail in any subject of 10+2, then you will have to appear for Compartment Exam/Supplementary exam and qualify it.

Then only, you can get admission to any graduation course (like BCA/B.Tech/B.Sc., etc.).

Even if you are good in Computers, you won't be granted admission for BCA because you are failed in one subject.

However, you may have good scope in IT industry as you are good in Computers.
2nd June 2018, 12:04 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Having failed in Mathematics in 12th board exam am I eligible to take admission in BCA?

B.C.A. or Bachelor of Computer Applications is an undergraduate Information Technology course. The duration of this course is three years.

For this course candidate must have passed 12th class in any stream with English subject from a recognized board. The minimum percentage required in 12th class for BCA course is 50%.

As per my knowledge, you have Computer science is a main subject then you are eligible to study Bachelor of Computer Applications course otherwise not i.e Mathematics as a main subject.
2nd June 2018, 12:58 PM
stutiswet2

Yes, you can get good placement in future, but first you will have to appear for supplementary exam of Mathematics and pass in this subject.
Without passing Mathematics, you cannot get admission in BCA course.
2nd June 2018, 06:06 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

BCA or Bachelor of Computer Application is a three year undergraduate program in computer applications which is often seen as equivalent to bachelor of engineering or BTech in computer science.
As per the minimum qualification, candidate must have completed 10 + 2 with PCM from a recognised board. Mathematics is a compulsory subject in order to seek admission in this course.
If you haven't studied mathematics then you are not eligible.

There are some colleges which offer admission to some students who haven't studied mathematics.
2nd June 2018, 10:18 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge if you are not passed in Maths which is your main subject then you are not eligible to get admission for any further course.
If you have cross in only one subject then you can clear that by appearing and qualifying in compartmental examination which is going to be held in the month of July.
After passing in all compulsory papers only you will be eligible to get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?