8th November 2015, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Having weak eye sight can I expect the post of Loco Pilot in Railways?

I am assuming inter I want to built my carrier in railway department but my eyes is weak can you tell me whether should I do expect the post of loco pilot can I do iti or polytechnic

9th November 2015, 12:25 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Having weak eye sight can I expect the post of Loco Pilot in Railways?

# It is sorry to say that one with poor eye sight cannot hope of getting the job of Loco Pilot in Indian Railway. As it is required that candidate must have good eye sight for the post of Loco Pilot in Indian Railway.

# The prescribed medical fitness criteria in respect of eye sight for the post of Loco Pilot is mentioned below:

* Distance Vision: 6/6, 6/6 without glasses
* Near Vision: 0.6, 0.6 without glasses
* Must have to clear fogging test
* Must have pass test for Binocular Vision, Colour Vision, Night Vision, Field of Vision etc.

# If you fulfil the above mentioned medical criteria in respect of eye sight, then you are eligible.

# But do not loose heart. There is still a ray of hope. You can even make career in Indian Railway for other posts after intermediate.

# Names of few posts in which one can apply in Indian Railway after intermediate are mentioned below:

* Junior Clerk
* Junior Stenographer
* Computer Typist
* Ticket Collector
* Ticket Checker
* Booking Clerk
* Various Group - D Posts
14th July 2016, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Having weak eye sight can I expect the post of Loco Pilot in Railways?

Sir I have eyesight -5 of both eyes,am I eligible for the sse/je in railways?
20th May 2017, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I have an eyesight -3.5 in both the eyes and also I have a height of 5'6'' and also have other eligibility criteria like matriculation with 84% and ITI in electrical so am I allowed for to sit in the exam of RRB and selected as an ALP after clearing the exam?????????
10th February 2018, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir, I completed my B.Tech and I am interested to get a job in railway sector, but I have sight of ( 0.5 left eye and 0.25 right eye ) am l eligible for loco pilot.
7th August 2018, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have -1 sight for both the eyes did I eligible for rrb assistant loco pilot post?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?