8th August 2019, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

How about switching from Diploma Electrical to B.Tech Computer Engineering?

I have completed my Diploma in Electrical Engineering. Now, I wish to change my branch for B.Tech. I was thinking about Computer Engineering. Would it be a good choice? If not, then which other branch would be better for me?

14th August 2019, 12:38 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How about switching from Diploma Electrical to B.Tech Computer Engineering?

If, you want to get admission in B.Tech course through lateral entry then you are not eligible to get admission in Computer Engineering course.

Candidates are not eligible to change the stream if pursuing B.Tech through lateral entry after the diploma course.

You are eligible to get admission in Electrical course in 2nd year through lateral entry.
14th August 2019, 10:04 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How about switching from Diploma Electrical to B.Tech Computer Engineering?

If you are interested in Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science Engineering then you can switch from Electrical Engineering to Computer Science Engineering.

1. Diploma candidates can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test if they have minimum of 60% marks in diploma in engineering.

2. You are free to choose any stream of your choice.

But also remember that, you must select stream in which you have interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?