3rd January 2018, 09:49 AM
Annie@

How to apply for Food Inspector exam? Employment opportunities for Food Science students?

I am Annie Rejinold. I have completed B.Sc. FOOD SCIENCE AND QUALITY CONTROL. I have 1 year experience in food industry. Am I eligible to apply for the Food Inspector exam? What are the procedures to apply? I would also like to know other Govt. employment opportunities for Food Science students.

5th January 2018, 10:11 PM
SandyRockstar
Junior Member+

Default Re: How to apply for Food Inspector exam? Employment opportunities for Food Science students?

UPSC i.e. Union Public Service Commission directs all India food inspector exams to recruit food inspectors in various offices around the country. So you have to apply for this exam on UPSC's official website.

Eligibility criteria for food inspector exam are:-
Educational Qualification:- Candidate should have to complete bachelor degree in Medicine/ Agriculture/ Pharmacy/Food Technology/Dairy Technology.
Age :- Age of candidate must be in between 18 to 25 years.

Selection of candidates totally depends on the marks scored in written test & interview.
As you completed B.Sc in Food Science & Quality Control thus you are eligible for this exam.

Job opportunities for student of Food Science & Quality control are :-
Nutritional Therapist.
Food Technologist.
Quality Manager.
Regulatory Affairs Officers.
Scientific Laboratory Technician.
6th January 2018, 09:19 AM
rachamallamanoj

Default Re: How to apply for Food Inspector exam? Employment opportunities for Food Science students?

Yes there are various opportunities after completing B.Sc food science. Some of the industries where you can get are
Food Manufacturing & Processing (Grains, fruits, vegetables, fish, meat etc.)
FMCG
Pharma-Biotech
Agro-Biotech
Dairy Firms
Poultry Firms
Bakeries & Confectionaries
Breweries
Retailers
Healthcare
Academia & Research Institutes
Food Packaging

The major companies providing opportunities are
1. Aavin
2. Britannia Industries Ltd
3. Nestle India Ltd.
4. Farm Suzanne Pvt. Ltd.
5. Hatsun Agro Foods
6. Coca-Cola Pvt. Ltd.
7. Pepsico
8. Link Enterprises
9. Amritha Ice creams
10. Marico Industries Ltd.

You can apply for food inspector job after completing B.Sc. The basic eligibility is
1. You must have completed degree in agriculture, medicine, dairy technology, food technology or science from a recognized university
2. Even chemistry must be a compulsory subject in degree
3. The age limit is 18-25 years

To get the post you must apply for UPSC all india food inspector exam
6th January 2018, 11:07 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

To become Food Inspector you need to attend an entrance exam conducted by UPSC. For applying to the exam you need to fulfil few eligibility requirements which are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have completed their graduation level degree or its equivalent education in any science related stream with chemistry as their main subject or bachelors degree in public health/ agriculture/ veterinary science/ dairy technology/ pharmacy/ food technology.
- The age limit should be between 21 - 30 years. There is age relaxation for the reserved candidates based on the government rules.

Application process:
- You need to visit the official website of UPSC.
- You need to fill the application for All India Food Inspector Exam, with all the required details and documents and submit it.
- If you fulfil their eligibility requirements then you’ll be given admit card through which you need to attend the exam.

After qualifying the exam in merit you’ll be called for personal interview. If you clear the rounds, then based on your performance you’ll be appointed as food inspector.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?