28th December 2010, 12:54 PM
Raaz_mystery

How to apply for MS? Procedure to apply for it? Is it true that IIT students get admission easily?

Hi, Im the student of B.Tech 3rd Year from CSE branch. I want to Prepare for MS. I know almost nothing that How to apply for MS. please tell me about the entrance Exams and The Full application as well as admission procedure to get in Universities like MIT. Also Tell me about the Qualifications and Percentage needed to Apply.

I heard That IIT students easily get Admission in such universities. Is it True..??? If yes then How.?? What are Their modes Of Study..??? Did they Study Different Books..?? Is it Possible to Get their Study material and their Standard of education when You r The Student of A Private Institute..??

I know that I asked a Lots of Questions in a Single Post..But I seriously need Good Guidenss.. Please Answer My Questions.. THANK YOU..!!!!

9th August 2011, 12:20 AM
maximumscore

Default Re: How to apply for MS? Procedure to apply for it? Is it true that IIT students get admission easily?

HI Friends you want to know about M.S in engineering. I provide you the informetion about the admission. I send you a address where you can get detail.
M.S. in Engineering iit

a. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology or Master's degree in appropriate Sciences with valid GATE score in appropriate discipline.
or

b. Candidates having Associate Membership of the following professional bodies will also be eligible for admission to the M.S. programme of their parent discipline provided they have a valid GATE score and have passed both part A and part B of the Membership examinations with a good academic record. The Institution of Engineers (India), (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communications), The Aeronautical Society of India, The Indian Institute of Metals, The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, and The Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering .

MS in IIIM

All who are eligible to apply for MTech programme, are also eligible to apply.
All who have completed (or going to complete by July 2011) ME/M.Tech. in Engg.

All applications should be submitted online in PGEE portal To submit the application, a candidate has to complete two registration forms: Pre-Registration Form and Main Registration Form.

FOR DETAIL- http://www.iiit.ac.in/admissions/postgraduate/standingpg
best of luck.
9th August 2011, 05:11 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for MS? Procedure to apply for it? Is it true that IIT students get admission easily?

hi...to do your masters you have to first clear the gre exam ,so prepare for it first ,getting an good score in gre is very important in helping you get an good university for doing your ms ,also it is not important that being an iit students gaurantees an easy admission but its that they score well in the gre exam and also they have the brand value of iit this both factor combined together works in there favour,
so if you to get an good score in the gre exam also have an good percentage in your graduation and also you do well in the interview for admission then even you have an equal chance of getting selected in reputed institutes as the students from the iit ,so start preparing for the gre exam with full effort from now only
25th November 2011, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

sir i am BE first year student at Jadavpur University . i am pursing bachelor of instrumentation and electronics engineering. sir can u plz give me some information about what are the courses that i can apply for at mit, stanford, caltech........ and how to get in there? what all should i start doing from now? how to prepare?
thank you! sourav
18th June 2012, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum eligiblity criterion for applying M.S ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?