23rd September 2012, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

How to attend SCRA? What is the date of the exam?

how to attend scra?i am very much interested in attending scra.hence i would like to know the date and centre of scra in a.p.i also want application of scra

2nd October 2012, 12:27 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to attend SCRA? What is the date of the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how to attend scra?i am very much interested in attending scra.hence i would like to know the date and centre of scra in a.p.i also want application of scra
SCRA stands for Special Class Railway Apprentices in Mechanical Department of Indian Railways, This examination is also conducted by UPSC, every year and to apply for this examination, you have to complete your Intermediate examination or Graduate degree from a recognised University and must study Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.

Your age should between 17 to 21 years to apply for this examination. For next year SCRA Examination, you must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1992 and not later than 1st January, 1996.

If you have fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria then you are eligible for SCRA Examination.

The notification of next year SCRA Examination is going to be published soon on next month i.e on 13/Oct/2012.

The last date of apply for this examination online 12/Nov/2012.

Examination will be held on 20/Jan/2013.

When the notification Published, online registrations will be started, you can fill the application form online from the official website. The examination is objective with negative marking.

Please prepared well for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus and for more details visit UPSC website.

http://upsc.gov.in

Exam Pattern:

2nd October 2012, 07:27 PM
surajm093

Smile Re: How to attend SCRA? What is the date of the exam?

Union public service commission -upsc Invites online and offline applications from eligible and qualified candidates for the recruitment of apprentices in mechanical department of Indian Railways by SCRA (special class Railway apprentices) examination. The selection process details given below.

SCRA Examination conducts in 2 stages.

1) Written examination

2) Personality test

1)Written examination:Inthis exam consists 3 papers with objective type questions and question papers given in English language only .Time duration for each paper 2 hours and maximum marks for General ability test 200,Physical science 200,Mathematics 200,Total written Examination carries 600 marks.

2)Personality Test:After qualifying written exam, personality test is taken. The personality test maximum marks 200. In Interview they will be asked questions on matters of general interest.
Eligibility criteria:
1)Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.

2) Age: A candidate must have attained the age of minimum 17 years and must not have attained the age of 21 years as cutoff age date given in advt.

Age limit relaxations given below.

(a)The Age relax able for SC, ST’S candidates 5 years

(b)Age relax able for OBC candidates 3 years

Educational Qualifications:

(i)The candidate must have passed in the first or second division in the intermediate or an equivalent examination of a recognised university or board with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.

Graduates with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as their degree subjects may also apply.

(or)

(ii)The candidate must have passed in the first or second division in the higher secondary(12years)examination under 10+2 pattern of school education with Mathematics and at least one of the subject Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.

The notification of SCRA Examination will be published in this month on 13 oct 2012.The last date of applying for SCRA online is 12/Nov/2012 and the Exam will be held on 20.1.2013.

Good Luck
12th October 2012, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

plzz tell me about the salary after completing the course
8th April 2013, 07:30 AM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE DATE OF SCRA IN 2013?
3rd March 2014, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

My name is Rishav. And my birth date is 25 dec. 1996 ,can i give the S.C.R.A exam this year..
23rd February 2015, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

I completed my engineering degree at age of 22 year OBC category so can I apply for SCRA?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?