22nd May 2013, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

How to become a fashion designer?

Sir,i am manisha choudhary and after 10 i want to be a fashion designer plz give me full details as soon as possible.......THANK YOU

23rd September 2014, 08:37 AM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to become a fashion designer?

You can seek admission in NIFT which conducts entrance examination every year for the candidates, who desire to seek admission in undergraduate Accessory Designing, Fashion Communication, Fashion Designing, Knitwear Designing, Leather Designing, Textile Designing and Apparel Production along with postgraduate Design, Fashion Management, and Fashion Technology program. For seeking admission in National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), you need to write the entrance examination. As far as maths is concerned, knowledge about class 10 level maths for NIFT exam and curriculum is fine. For B. Des (Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication) program, aspirant should have successfully passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with minimum of five subjects from any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination
For the B. F Tech (Apparel Production) programme, candidate must have passed physics, chemistry and biology as compulsory subjects at 10+2 level from any recognized Central or State Board of Secondary Examination. In case of M. Des (Master of Design), candidates should have bachelor’s degree and in stream like Applied Arts (Fashion Design / Visual Communication / Graphic Design / Industrial Design / Interior Design / Multimedia Design / Product Design / Textiles & Accessories or B.A. (Fine Arts) or B.Sc. (Textiles & Clothing) or B. Arch.
25th September 2014, 02:53 AM
Unregistered

im very interested in this career but i don't known about degrees and way to join nift
22nd May 2017, 01:02 AM
Akki0913

You have to first clear 10+2 and then take fashion designing course of in the area of your interest and can also go for B.tech in Fashion designing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?