5th September 2012, 10:22 PM
noor mohamed aeisha

How to become an IAS officer after doing BDS 2nd year?

hi ....! sir I am doing my B.d.s 2nd year... but I am very interested to become an Ias officer.... how come I want to be early prepare for civil service exam .... pls send me t books details which I want to buy and previous year questions papers and ideas to my email id [email protected]

7th September 2012, 04:06 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer after doing BDS 2nd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noor mohamed aeisha View Post
hi ....! sir I am doing my B.d.s 2nd year... but I am very interested to become an Ias officer.... how come I want to be early prepare for civil service exam .... pls send me t books details which I want to buy and previous year questions papers and ideas to my email id [email protected]
Hey friend,

While doing your 2nd Year in BDS you cannot become a IAS officer as you need to write the Civil Service exam conducted for joining in as a IAS officer and the exam is the IAS Exam.This exam is being conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year.

There are criteria's which are framed for the exam which are to be satisfied by the candidate who is applying for the exam and as per that you are not eligible for applying as per the education qualification needed.

The education qualification needed for you to apply for the exam is that you need to have completed a degree with a fair percentage and it can be in any discipline.

As you have not completed your BDS course you are not eligible at this stage so it is better that you continue your studies and then apply for the IAS exam to satisfy the education qualification needed.

The other criteria's which are to be satisfied by you must be a citizen of India.

The age limit needed is you need to have 21-30 years if you are a General Category candidate and if you are a SC/ST candidate it is 21-35 years and if OBC candidate it is 21-33 years.

You need to satisfy all these in order to apply for the exam and pass the following stages to join in IAS Exam

>> Preliminary Exam

>> Main Exam

>> Interview

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th September 2012, 04:11 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi.

IAS stand for Indian Administrative Service. It's is a very reputed post of government job.

Any one who completed graduation they can apply for IAS exam. so first of all you should complete your graduation.

To become an IAS officer you will have to give civil service exam which is conduct every year by UPSC.

for this exam you must have graduate degree in any stream from recognised university.

Age should be minimum 21 and maximum 30 years for general categories.

Relaxation for obc is 3 year and for sc/st is 5 year.

In IAS exam only four attempts for general,for obc 7 attempts and no limit for sc/st.

Fee for general candidate is Rs. 100 only. No fee for sc/st/pd.

for more detail;-
www.upsc.gov.in
7th September 2012, 05:32 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

IAS Eligibility Details
Candidate should graduate.
age between 21 to 30 years.
and age relaxation for reserved caste .

Attempts for IAS
Gen-4 times
OBC-7 times
SC/ST -No limit

Exam pattern
Preliminary
Main
Interview
7th September 2012, 05:34 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

IAS Eligibility Details
Candidate should graduate.
age between 21 to 30 years.
and age relaxation for reserved caste .

Attempts for IAS
Gen-4 times
OBC-7 times
SC/ST -No limit

Exam pattern
Preliminary
Main
Interview
7th September 2012, 06:06 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How to become an IAS officer after doing BDS 2nd year?

Quote:

If you are Aspiring to Becoming IAS Officer then You should have to Apply for Civil Service Examination and also Have to Crack it With Good Score.

IAS is stands for Indian Administrative Service and this exam is conducted by UPSC twice in Year.

For Applying IAS A candidate should have completed their Graduation Degree in Any Stream.

Age Limit should be between 21-30 years. There is Upper age limit Relaxation is Available for OBC +3 years and for SC/ST +5 years.

The Exam Pattern:
  • Preliminary Exam.
  • Main Exam
  • Interview
** Books For IAS **

7th September 2012, 10:34 PM
MOUSE92

dear,

IAS

in order to become ias you have to give civil services exam

it is conducted by UPSC

education eligibility :

--10th pass

--12th pass from any field

--then get your graduation of at least 3 yrs

from any subject

AGE LIMIT:

general: 21 to30 yrs

for sc/st: 21 to 35 yrs

for sc/st: 21 to 33 yrs

NO. of attempts:

general:4

obc: 7

sc/st: no limit

more details:

http://www.upsc.gov.in
good luck
12th September 2012, 03:44 PM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:

~Any one who completed graduation they can apply for IAS exam. so first of all you should complete your graduation.

~To become an IAS officer you will have to give civil service exam which is conduct every year by UPSC.

~for this exam you must have graduate degree in any stream from recognised university.

~Age should be minimum 21 and maximum 30 years for general categories.

~Relaxation for obc is 3 year and for sc/st is 5 year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?