31st July 2013, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer? Books to be referred?

sir i want to be an IAS officer so which books will be useful for me. suggest me thanks.

9th April 2014, 01:05 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer? Books to be referred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i want to be an IAS officer so which books will be useful for me. suggest me thanks.
To become a IAS Officer then you have to appear in Civil service examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for every year. IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is one of the Civil Service Examination which is conducted by the UPSC for every year. The Basic eligibility criteria to apply for this Examination you should complete graduation from recognized university.The Examination is held in two Stages namely Preliminary Examination and Main Examination. The Notification for this Examination are Published in Employment news papers an official website UPSC.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS Examination:-

-Graduates in any discipline are eligible are eligible to apply for IAS Examination.
-Candidates age in between 21 years to 30 are acceptable,SC / ST candidates will have five years of upper age limit. Three years for OBC candidates

Books for IAS Exam:-
  • India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
  • Social Problem - Ram Ahuja
  • Sharma & Coutinho Economic and Commercial Geography of India
  • Tata McGraw Hill’s (TMH) GS Manual for prelims.
  • An Introduction to the Constitution of India by DD Basu,
  • Our Constitution by Subhash Kashyap,
  • India’s Constitution by MV Pylee
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?