1st February 2013, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

How to become a oncologist? Which are the courses after 12th

I want to pursue to become a oncologist in my career. But I am confused Whether there are courses after 12th. ? Can i do my M.B.B.S. after my 12th boards? And please explain me the duration of it.

15th June 2013, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become a oncologist? Which are the courses after 12th

what is the course for an oncologist after mbbs
15th June 2013, 05:28 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to pursue to become a oncologist in my career. But I am confused Whether there are courses after 12th. ? Can i do my M.B.B.S. after my 12th boards? And please explain me the duration of it.
Oncology is the branch of medicine science that deals with study and precautions of Cancer Disease.Only medical professionals who have completed their 5 years MBBS Medical course will be able to take admission in this course.

Thus there is no any special course after 12th in which you will able to take admission for doing this course.You will have to do MBBS Course.For taking admission in MBBS Course you will have to qualify CBSE NEET Exam.To apply for this exam,you will require to meet these conditions :-
  • Candidates should have a pass out/Final year appearing in 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Biology.
  • Candidates minimum marks should be 50%.
  • Candidates minimum age should be 17 years.
After completing MBBS Course you will have to apply for OCTT Course.OCTT stands for Oncology Clinical Trials Training.Total duration of this course will be 1 year.Eligibility required for taking admission in this course will be :-
  • Candidates should have a degree in Medicine/Surgery such as MBBS/BAMS/BUMS/MD/MDS etc.
  • Candidates must have a working experience in Medical field in reputed Hospital/Clinical Research Institute of at least 5 years.
15th June 2013, 11:38 PM
Vishal987

After 12th completion take admission in MBBS then prepare for neet exam.If you got 3000-4000 all indian rank then take admission general surgeon MS after complete that take admission in your field ..
20th April 2015, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

I need to be a oncologist in future so after my 10 th what i have to do?
22nd April 2020, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Is neet compulsory to make career in cancer related field
25th April 2020, 04:30 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

---NEET is compulsory in the process to get admisision in the top most college or university of Medical.

---So if you are interested to join Any top most or government related medical university or college ,then NEET is must.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?