15th May 2013, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for IPS? I am a final year student

Mam/sir my name is Bhanu prakash. I read that we can apply for ips while we are in final year of under gradution. How can i apply for ips exam while studing final year b.com?

16th May 2013, 02:12 PM
vkg1920

Default Re: How can I apply for IPS? I am a final year student

Sir, you can apply for Civil services exam which is conducted by upsc for IAS,IPS,IRS,IFS..
You can apply for the pre exam when you are in final year ,but before the main exam you have to attached documents related to completion of your graduation ,means your final year result sholud be declared before Mains exam.
16th May 2013, 02:14 PM
vkg1920

Sir, you can apply for Civil services exam which is conducted by upsc for IAS,IPS,IRS,IFS..
You can apply for the pre exam when you are in final year ,but before the main exam you have to attached documents related to completion of your graduation ,means your final year result sholud be declared before Mains exam.
16th May 2013, 04:00 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How can I apply for IPS? I am a final year student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Mam/sir my name is Bhanu prakash. I read that we can apply for ips while we are in final year of under gradution. How can i apply for ips exam while studing final year b.com?

Dear Friend,

IPS stands for Indian Police service
IPS exam is conducted by UPSC...

This exam is conduct through Civil Service Exam...

yes , off course final years students of graduation degree are eligible for Indian Police service exam....

A candidate must have completed their Graduation Study in any Discipline from Recognized Universities are eligible for Indian Police service exam.....

Final years students also eligible for this exam.....

There are no any percentage required.....

Citizenship of India.....

General Age Limit is 21-30 years. but there is relaxation is available for reserved category....

OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years....

SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years....

The maximum attempts for general candidate it will be 5 years for OBC candidate it is 7 years and for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited...

Exam Pattern:

1)Preliminary Exam.
2)Main Exam
3)Interview

Subjects for IPS:

1. Geography
  2. Geology
  3. History
  4. Law
  5. Arabic
  6. Assamese
  7. Bengali
  8. Agriculture
  9. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
  10. Anthropology
  11. Botany
  12. Chemistry
  13. Civil Engineering
  14. Commerce & Accountancy
  15. Economics
  16. Electrical Engineering

All the best...
16th May 2013, 09:42 PM
aklk224

Post Re: How can I apply for IPS? I am a final year student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Bhanu Prakash,
IPS is the Indian Police Service.Union Public Service Commission conducting exam every year.

You can apply IPS exam when your are in final year also,but you must have degree certificate before enter into the interview

The Education qualification for IPS exam is the Graduation degree from a recognised university

And also other important qualification for an IPS exam is the Physical requirements
Height:157 cms
Chest:84 cm expansion 4 cm
Good eye sight

The age limit was 21-30 years.Exam has 2 parts
1) Preliminary exam
2)Main Exam
3) Final Interview

All the Best
17th May 2013, 09:36 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To become an IPS(Indian Police Service) officer, one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted every year by UPSC.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with good physical fitness.

Apart from this the aspiring candidate for IPS should have minimum physical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT - General/OBC Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST - Male-84cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The Civil Service exam can be applied through both on line an off line mode.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th May 2013, 10:30 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Aspirant,

The abbreviation of IPS is Indian Police Services.

Exactly, you are preferable for the Indian Police Services exam.

For becoming an Indian Police Officer, you will have to crack the civil services exam.

Union Public Service Commission organizes civil services exam every year.

Civil services exam is organized for these reputable positions are below mentioned:-

* Indian Administrative Services.

* Indian Police Services.

* Indian Revenue Services.

* Indian Foreign Services.

* Indian Forest Services.

* Indian Engineering Services.

The educational qualifications regarding with Indian Police Services exam are below mentioned:-

* Candidates must have finished their bachelor degree in any curriculum from any approved institution.

* Candidates of last year of graduation are not preferable for this exam.

* There is no need of percentage for this exam.

No. of attempts regarding with Indian Police Services exam are below mentioned:-

* For General candidates:- 4.

* For OBC candidates:- 7.

* For SC/ST candidates:- No limits.

Age criteria and relaxation regarding with Indian Police Services exam are below mentioned:-

* 21-30 years.

* Relaxation:- 3 years, 5 years and 10 years are assumed for OBC, SC/ST and PH candidates.

* Citizenship:- Must be Indian.

Thanks.

27th June 2013, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

i am doing my b.com 2 year can i apply for irs exam
10th June 2014, 07:54 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

You can definitely fill the form in the final year. You need to be a graduate in regular stream for being eligible for appearing in the Indian Police Service exams conducted by UPSC. You are eligible to fill the form provided the university is recognized. UPSC comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. For eligibility part, aspirant’s age limit should be between 19 to 30years. Relaxation is also given for SC/ST candidates of five years as per the government norms. Also candidate should be Indian and must possess a graduation degree.

Exam Pattern:

1)Preliminary Exam.
2)Main Exam
3)Interview

Subjects for IPS:

1. Geography
2. Geology
3. History
4. Law
5. Arabic
6. Assamese
7. Bengali
8. Agriculture
9. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
10. Anthropology
11. Botany
12. Chemistry
13. Civil Engineering
14. Commerce & Accountancy
15. Economics
16. Electrical Engineering
23rd March 2017, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

I am in final year of my graduation and have applied for ips. My final exams of the year have been scheduled to be after the expected date of interview for ips. Would I be able to become ips? Can I complete my final year just two months after I qualify the whole criteria ? Please clear me about this as I am very nervous. That's a humble request.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?