12th May 2011, 04:15 PM
krshn

How can I apply for IPS post after doing ECE? What is the preparation method?

iam a engineering student of electronic and communication engineering branch studying third year .. how can i apply for ips post and how to prepare for that from now onwards... for this i should complete engineering first...! and what is the procedure, tell me sir/madam....

16th August 2011, 11:02 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How can I apply for IPS post after doing ECE? What is the preparation method?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krshn View Post
iam a engineering student of electronic and communication engineering branch studying third year .. how can i apply for ips post and how to prepare for that from now onwards... for this i should complete engineering first...! and what is the procedure, tell me sir/madam....
You need not to sit for preparation from now itself you should have the thought in your mind always that you are going to attempt Civil Service examination in future so that you have to prepare mentally and physically about that.

As you're from ECE department you will have a choice to select the optional of electrical subject so it is good to concentrate on your semester so that it will be helpful for you in future if you select the optional as I said earlier.

I think you have Knowledge that you can only write Civil Service examination after having your degree certificate and also after only attaining your required eligibility criteria of age i.e., 21 years of minimum age.

So at this stage only you will be able to apply for the examination.

Meanwhile to sit for preparation you should be very thorough in general Knowledge and Current affairs and all the issues which are need to be dealt by the IAS officer for example Anna hazare protest what would be your answer for this keeping in view of everything in your mind this brings lot of research skills in you.

like wise you have to follow News paper you have to go through various Magazines in which the discusses material is help full to your preparation in this way everything you do should be helpful to your preparation.

This is all I can say about your query

all the best for your future

Regards

~AdityA~
17th August 2011, 02:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for IPS post after doing ECE? What is the preparation method?

Quote:
Dear friend,

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IPS:-

IPS exam conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) when positions are vacant.

Educational qualification:-One should hold a degree of any recognized universitiy. He/She should be an Indian.

Age Limit: -
21 years to 30 years.

Attempts:-

For General - 4 times
For SC/ST - No limit
For OBC - 7 tines

Yes ECE department are eligible for IPS exam.

thanks
4th September 2011, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I apply for IPS post after doing ECE? What is the preparation method?

tell me about main exam for ece
31st January 2012, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for IPS post after doing my degree in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering(EIE)?
31st January 2012, 08:24 PM
GUNDA DIVYA

Quote:
Hi,

After ECE you can go with the IPS exam...

But there you have to face tough competition.

You have to start preparing from the beginning....

ECE is just an graduation it will not give you any preference in IPS......

Through online you can apply for it.....

Newspaper knowledge is also more important........

All the best.........
28th April 2012, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
I WANT TO BE A IPS OFFICER BUT I DONT KNOW HOW CAN I PREPARE FOR IPS EXAM SO PLZ HELP ME REGARDING MY PREPRATION.I HAVE DONE B.TECH IN ECE PRESENTLY WORKING IN HYDRO POWER PROJECT AND PROBLEM IS THAT THERE IS NO COACHING CENTER IN MY JOB PLACE.BUT I KNOW IF SOMEONE HELP ME THEN I SURLY CRACK IPS EXAM WITHOUT ANY COACHING.IF ANY ONE ABLE TO HELP ME THEN PLZ MAIL ME MY [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?