3rd December 2018, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

How can I become an IPS Officer with 50% in BSc General?

Hi Sir, I have completed my BSc General and secured 50% marks. I want to become an PS Officer. So, I just want to know that how can I become an IPS Officer? Kindly let me know about this as soon as possible.

14th December 2018, 09:08 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS Officer with 50% in BSc General?

Yes, you can become an IPS Officer after completion of your B.Sc. General with 50% aggregate marks from a recognised university. Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree course in any discipline from a government recognised university are eligible to apply for IPS examination. The age limit required to apply for IPS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
14th December 2018, 08:36 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become an IPS Officer with 50% in BSc General?

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> For appearing in the Civil Services examination the minimum qualification required are as below:-

* You need to hold the citizenship of India

* Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years. Upper age limit relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidate as per the government rules.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline of your interest from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their graduation degree are also eligible.

* Note:- For the IPS wing of the civil services, you are required to hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, having completed B.SC general degree course with 50% marks you are eligible for appearing in the same examination as far as educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For more details about the same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?