6th May 2015, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

How can I prepare for UPSC exam to become an IPS Officer? Age limit to become an IPS Officer? Difference between IPS and SP?

Sir,
My name is Gopal Patange. I have just passed out B.Com with 62%. I want to become an IPS Officer. So, please tell me how I will prepare for UPSC exam? What is the minimum and maximum age limit for IPS Officer? What is difference between IPS and SP?

10th May 2015, 02:17 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for UPSC exam to become an IPS Officer? Age limit to become an IPS Officer? Difference between IPS and SP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
My name is Gopal Patange. I have just passed out B.Com with 62%. I want to become an IPS Officer. So, please tell me how I will prepare for UPSC exam? What is the minimum and maximum age limit for IPS Officer? What is difference between IPS and SP?

IPS is one of the Civil services and to join in this you nee to apply for the Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC and is held every year. To apply for the exam the qualification needed are:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational qualification
  • Physical standard

-> The nationality standard states that the candidate should be a citizen of India

-> Age limit needed is 21-30 years for general category and there are certain upper age relaxation.

-> For SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years

-> Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university.

-> Apart from all these the candidate need to be physically fit.

In order to prepare for the exam you can refer the following books:

10th May 2015, 09:39 PM
ytiwari6

Default Re: How can I prepare for UPSC exam to become an IPS Officer? Age limit to become an IPS Officer? Difference between IPS and SP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
Dear Gopal,

There are certain age limits described by UPSC for Civil Services.
General 21-30 Years with maximum 5 attempts.
OBC 21-33 Years with maximum 7 attempts.
SC/ST 21-35 Years with maximum attempts.

And, IPS is a cadre, whereas SP is a designation given to IPS officers , Onces person becomes IPS officer, he or she gets promoted and become SP of police.
13th April 2016, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
My name is Md.Rahmat Warsi. I have just pass out I.SC With 73%.I want to become an IPS officer. So, please tell me how l will prepare upsc exam ?
What is the percentage of applied for upsc exam ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?