8th August 2019, 08:57 PM
Meeeaekta

How can I do MBBS after completing B.Sc Nursing?

I have completed my B.Sc Nursing. Now, I wanted to do MBBS. Am I eligible? If yes, then from where and how? Do I need to write any entrance also? If yes, then please share the details of entrance as well.

13th August 2019, 10:22 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I do MBBS after completing B.Sc Nursing?

MBBS refers to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and to pursue the same degree course the minimum education required is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate ( or 40% marks in aggregate in case of reserved category candidates) from a recognized board of education.

Now, having completed your B.Sc. in Nursing degree course for which the minimum education required is same as that required for the MBBS degree course , you are eligible for pursuing MBBS degree course.

Further, I would like to let you know that there is no special lateral entry for pursuing MBBS degree course for bachelor's degree holder in nursing and hence to get admitted in any medical college across India, you need to qualify entrance examinations such as NEET/ AIIMS MBBS entrance examination/ JIPMER MBBS entrance examination. For detailed information regarding above mentioned examinations, you can refer to their respective official links which are www.ntaneet.nic.in,
www.aiimsexams.org, and www.jipmer.edu.in.
14th August 2019, 01:02 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue MBBS course after B.Sc Nursing. MBBS is Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery.

To get the admission in the course, candidates have to appear and qualify in NEET examination conducted by NTA.

The examination is conducted for admission in private as well as government colleges. Candidates after qualifying in the examination will become eligible for admission.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper with minimum 50% aggregate.
14th August 2019, 09:34 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of MBBS is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.

Eligibility for MBBS course:

1. You must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject in 12th to become eligible for this examination.

2. Minimum of 50% marks in board examination is required.

You must be 17 years old at least to appear for this exam. You can apply for NEET exam conducted by NTA for admission in MBBS course after B.Sc in Nursing.
15th August 2019, 10:13 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. The entrance examination of this course is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Eligibility for NEET exam:

Academic qualification; 12th passed from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject.

Minimum percentage of marks required is 50%.

You can apply for MBBS entrance exam after B.Sc Nursing course. You must wait for notification of 2020 NEET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?