27th October 2016, 03:51 PM
shekhar mahable

How can I get admission in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Hello Sir, I have completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and now I want to continue my studies from IIT. So can you tell me How can I get admission in IIT after completing Diploma? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Which courses can I pursue after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Can I get admission in IIT and which exam do I have to appear for admission?
  2. How can I get admission in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  3. How can I get admission to study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 12th basis?
  4. Can I get admission in IIT after completing my Diploma Mechanical Engineering in A.Y.Dadabhai college?
  5. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  6. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completing 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
  7. Can I get admission in IITs after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  8. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  9. What should I do after completing diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  10. Can I get admission for IIT college after completing diploma in mechanical engineering on the basis of 10th standard
  11. Am I eligible for getting admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma course in mechanical branch?
  12. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  13. Can I get admission for IIT after completing diploma in mechanical engineering course?
  14. Can I get admission in IIT or any top mechanical college in India after completing mechanical engineering diploma?
  15. Admission procedure to study B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) in IIT for a Diploma holder?
  16. Can I get admission to IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  17. Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Chances to study Diploma in Agriculture after completing Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
31st October 2016, 06:45 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

To get admission in IIT after completion of your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course, you have to appear in JEE Main and Advanced examination.

Being a Diploma holder, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination as it is a gateway for JEE Advanced examination but, your JEE Main examination score can't be used to get admission in NIT, IIIT and other CFTIs.

So, if you appear, qualify and secure top 2,00,000 rank including all categories in JEE Main examination, you are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination. If you secure good rank in JEE Advanced examination, you can get admission in IIT for pursuing Engineering course.
31st October 2016, 08:59 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

No, it is not possible to continue your engineering course from IIT after diploma degree.

The diploma degree is not eligible to appear for JEE examination. JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and is conducted by CBSE as well as IIT.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th.

Candidate must have PCM as main paper.

Since candidates with diploma degree do not have above two qualification they are not eligible to appear for JEE examination and hence it is not possible to get admission in IIT.

But, if you want to pursue engineering course you can pursue through the LEET and eligible to get admission in 2nd year of course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?