18th July 2020, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

How can I get admission in NIT, Kurukshetra for B.Tech on the basis of Diploma?

Hi, I am about to complete my Diploma in Civil Engineering after which I wish to take admission in NIT, Kurukshetra for pursuing B.Tech Civil Engineering. Can I get direct admission in 2nd year via lateral entry route? Would I have to write any entrance as well for admission in NIT, Kurukshetra?

22nd July 2020, 10:36 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: How can I get admission in NIT, Kurukshetra for B.Tech on the basis of Diploma?

#No,you cant get direct admission through lateral entry route.

## You need to crack the entrance exam like NEET,JEE
MAINS,BITSAT,VITEEE,AP EAMCET,KEAM,WBJEE etc in order to the get seat in B.Tech
24th July 2020, 11:42 PM
doctor sahiba
Member+

Default Re: How can I get admission in NIT, Kurukshetra for B.Tech on the basis of Diploma?

NIT Kurukshetra B.Tech. Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates who have secured at least 75% marks in 10+2 examination, with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject, are eligible to apply. SC/ST category candidates, the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.

••••Candidates will have to qualify JEE Main.

There is no lateral entry into this course i think.
Reservation of seats is also present.

NIT Kurukshetra B.Tech. Selection Criteria:

Considering the 12th exam results and the score of JEE Main, a merit list is made category-wise, listing All India Rank (AIR) of candidates.

Candidates has to register for counselling online at the official JoSSA website. Choice filling is done. Based on the cut off set by NIT Kurukshetra, seats will be allocated in each round of counselling.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?