26th March 2022, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

How can I join merchant navy? What to do next after Civil engineering?

I am a girl and I am BE civil engineering student. I want to join the merchant navy. Can I join the merchant navy after engineering. If your answer is 'YES', then what I have do next?

27th March 2022, 01:04 AM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join merchant navy? What to do next after Civil engineering?

No. You can not join merchant Navy after doing Civil Engineering, Either you have to enroll yourself for Junior Ranks Course (GP Rating) on Matric Basis, or you go for Diploma Nautical Science 1 Year / B.Sc Nautical Science 3 years on 12th Basis. If you have more patience, you can go for B. Tech Marine Engineering.
27th March 2022, 11:47 PM
Aiman Afifa
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join merchant navy? What to do next after Civil engineering?

To join merchant Navy candidates must have a graduation degree with science stream with minimum 60%marks from a recognized university.

Your Nationality should be an Indian

After Civil Engineering you can also joined merchant Navy.

But also you have to appear in the entrance exam called Combined Defence Service Examination for the same.
29th March 2022, 09:05 PM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

You can join Merchant Navy and get admission you have to appear qualifying in the IMU examination. The minimum educational qualification required for Naval Architecture/Observer/Logistics Works/ATC is a candidate must have passed BE/BTech in Mechanical/Civil/Aeronautical/Metallurgy/Naval Architecture with a minimum score of 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. The candidates should be between 19 to 25 years.

The job opportunities after Civil Engineering are never-ending. You can work on any infrastructure project that includes bridges, power stations, airports, dams, roads & highways, expressways, waterways, industrial units, buildings, factories, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?