20th February 2016, 09:47 AM
sabaalam

How can I pursue a career in University Teaching? Am I eligible for NET exam?

I have done M. Sc Information Science from BIT Mesra and then worked in TCS for 7 years 9 months as an IT Analyst. I left my job in 2008. My age is 42 years. I want to pursue a career in university teaching. How to go about it. Am I eligible to appear for NET exam?

11th December 2017, 07:51 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I pursue a career in University Teaching? Am I eligible for NET exam?

Yes, if you want to become a lecturer in government college you have to appear and qualify in NET entrance examination.

You are eligible to appear in examination. The required minimum qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55%.

There is no age limit to appear in examination. So, if you want to get a university teaching job you have to qualify in it.

For detail information about examination visit at http://www.cbsenet.nic.in
13th December 2017, 09:23 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I pursue a career in University Teaching? Am I eligible for NET exam?

As you have done post graduation i will recommend you to do PhD degree for getting teaching and lecturer job.
>> Qualify JRF exam and complete your research fellowship by making good project.
>> You are also eligible to qualify the NET exam.
>> Mostly PhD holders are given chance to teach in Universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?