24th June 2011, 01:26 AM
it09rani

How can I recover from nervousness of speaking English in Public?

I have a good knowledge in english and i have a confident to speak.but in my classroom and public place i'm afraiding to speak in english.how can i recover that nurvousness and afraid?can you give the tips for me?

24th June 2011, 09:00 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I recover from nervousness of speaking English in Public?

is there any preparation course for ias,ips, i am studying 8th class
24th June 2011, 09:32 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: How can I recover from nervousness of speaking English in Public?

Quote:
Originally Posted by it09rani View Post
I have a good knowledge in english and i have a confident to speak.but in my classroom and public place i'm afraiding to speak in english.how can i recover that nurvousness and afraid?can you give the tips for me?
Communication is the Only way through you can Express your Feelings, Emotions and intentions.

Tips to Improve communication skills
  • Being a Engineering Student you must be facing lot of problems because if you don't know how to speak fluent in English,You will feel inferiority complex.

• Why to feel inferiority complex God has provided a nice speaking facility to all.

• So if you Try to speak English in your house with your parents or siblings, It gonna help you in some extent.

• Try to read daily local News

• Whenever you ask your teachers or Elders try to ask in English.

• Try to involve your-self in Heavy Discussions.Try to lead from others.

• It totally Depends on your way, if you are interested then you will definitely Improve your communication skills from lower level to Higher level.

• If you want then you can join Spoken English Classes.

*End*
24th June 2011, 09:39 AM
vijaymohit92
Member+

as you are saying that you are good in english but the main problem with you that you are not able to speak english in public ,so to overcome this problem ,you have to try to speak english with your friends,parents irrespective of that fact whether you are able to speak english right or wrong
24th June 2011, 10:12 AM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Well these are some of the tips i'll give you based

on my extensive knowledge of psychology

* First of all remove your fear of English, you need to understand English is just a

language for expressing your views and thinking.Overcome the Taboo.

* Most people speak wrong English,even educated ones with good knowledge of English.

Often we speak our own language in irrational and wrong sentences,but we dont feel

bad, since we dont have taboo with our own language.

*Speak English in short sentences.

*speak slowly and keep yourself calm.

*Practice speaking English in front of a mirror i.e. with yourself and with good friends

and family members, this will help you in overcoming fear and support and

encouragement from them will help you speak more confidently.
24th June 2011, 11:37 AM
vijay anandh

Dear
you have mentioned that you are good in English..so it will be very easy for you to speak in English...the only thing you have to do is " over come your shyness"..
to reduce the shyness you have to build the confident level in you....
you should encourage yourself and start talk in English before a crowd in class rooms...
and also you can practice yourself by stand and speak in front of a mirror..
it will show your negative things while talking and by doing so you can get the confident...
be bold enough and have a success ....
24th June 2011, 01:26 PM
sourindra

Practice to speak english in front of the mirror. Read english newspaper daily. Try to speak in english with friends.
24th June 2011, 05:32 PM
kritika@Hans

hi
dear many of us face the same problem as yours...
the one and the only way to overcome your fear is to stop thinking "WHAT WILL THEY SAY IF I SPEAK WRONG? "
generally we people don't even try to speak thinking what impression will i form on others?
just keep in mind that anyone and everyone who wants to LEARN should forget the people around him and focus on the probalematic area..

since you mentioned that you feel hesitation to speak english , this can be removed by speaking english ONLY all the time...
you may do one thing , stand in front of mirror. look straight towards your image in it as if that is some another person and communicate by speaking english....
try this it will help you enhancing your confidence...
another thing you may do is to watch english movies with their subtitles written below so that you may develop the accurate pronounciation
so ... get going
all the best
24th June 2011, 07:26 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

As you have a good knowledge of english & you are confident to speak too then First of all make it clear in your mind that you are better than the others.Many students in India have a very little knowledge of english but still they are trying in front of the others & sometimes become a laughing person too.But it doesn't mean that they must stop doing that as no one is perfect from HIS childhood.The main thing is the more & more practice to improve yourself.
So some tips for you are as under-
1. Read the english newspaper loudly with the face expressions daily at least for 2 hrs.
2. To remove your hesitation its better to speak in the front of the strangers as they met you for a short time like in the buses,shopkeepers etc.
3. Take the connection of that company in your mobile where the call is free like tata to tata free & dialled the tata nos of the strangers to talk them in english on some query.
4. Family plays a biggest role to remove your hesitation.So be conversate with them and let them point out your mistakes too if any.
5. Last & the final one is our FORUM.Yaar humse chat karo aur remove your hesitation as fast as possible.
24th June 2011, 08:57 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To overcome your nervousness while speaking English in public, you have got to work on it. You must follow the steps mentioned below:
Firstly, you should talk in English with everyone you interact everyday.
Secondly, do not hesitate to speak in English with a person who has a better command over the language. Ask the person to correct you whenever required.
Thirdly, try to work on phrases instead of words.

You should also watch English new channels and read English newspapers. Both will help you a lot in improving your command over the language.
There are various free online programs on the internet which can be helpful too.
25th June 2011, 12:40 AM
sandymishra45

Today English is a world language. If you are fluent in this language you can communicate with each and every person of the world.

There are some tips which you can use-
  1. Mostly due lack of environment students hesitating in speaking english till they have good knowledge of English language. For this they should stress more on listening and speaking. They should listen news.

2. You can speak with yourself,when you will be free. Make imaginations and speak with yourself.

3. During speaking keep this thing in your mind that you are a student and you are learning, and when you make mistakes you feel it is general, because you are a student not an expert.

4. Make yourself crazy towards learning English, then no shyness, no nervousness comes in your way.

5.You can join English speaking coaching also.But follow what they tell you.
31st January 2012, 07:44 PM
swati_forum

Communication is the Only way through you can Express your Feelings, Emotions and intentions.

Tips to Improve communication skills
Being a Engineering Student you must be facing lot of problems because if you don't know how to speak fluent in English,You will feel inferiority complex.

Why to feel inferiority complex God has provided a nice speaking facility to all.

So if you Try to speak English in your house with your parents or siblings, It gonna help you in some extent.

Try to read daily local News

Whenever you ask your teachers or Elders try to ask in English.

Try to involve your-self in Heavy Discussions.Try to lead from others.

It totally Depends on your way, if you are interested then you will definitely Improve your communication skills from lower level to Higher level.

If you want then you can join Spoken English Classes.
31st January 2012, 11:32 PM
J Treza

Quote:
Originally Posted by it09rani View Post
well friend........I have also faced this problem during my school days.......... for speaking better English....first of all you have to start thinking everything in English......about everything you are doing in a day......you should maintain a diary in which you can write new words and their meanings...and use at least 5 words in your daily routine.......you should try to speak English with your family members.........you can also join spoken English for improving your fluency ....all the best for your future...........
31st January 2012, 11:53 PM
rvidyasagar

Let us admit it that English is an alien language. obviously we cannot speak that language as fluently and flawlessly as the Englishmen.

This tendency of fear develops mostly among the rural boys or the first generation boys who try to switch to English.

Because you say that you have a good grasp of English, the first thing is that you should develop self-confidence. This can be developed by thinking again and again that "I can do it".

Just ignore it if anybody laughs at your mistake. Correct it next time. Even in this forum, the written English is not so satisfactory. But, that should not make you to withdraw into a shell.

Do remember that when you apply for an interview, the interviewers will give adequate margin to your lack of fluent english.

Fluent english comes more and more by practice. Anything you want to express, just tell within your mind in English and see whether you got it correctly.

Move with such boys who have a better command over the language and who will not ridicule you for your mistakes.

Try to watch good TV channels (not the blah blah type) and follow their spoken English.

Yes, You can do it!
10th February 2013, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

i have a lot of problems to spak in english.I can write english more better but i cannot speak fluently in english.Whenevr i try to speak in english,speed of my hearbeat increase much and much and due to this problem, i cannot speak in english.i have great fear to speak in english as well as in hindi in front of others.please give the better solution to overcome on this problem.....
11th February 2013, 07:20 PM
Ashwinkumar9009

Certain medications such as beta blockers may be prescribed to treat anxiety symptoms. However, if you decide not to choose medications, there are a number of alternative therapies available. Alternative therapies such as counseling, psychotherapy, hypnosis or meditation can be very helpful in decreasing symptoms of anxiety.

Attend public speaking, communications skills or presentation courses that are specifically designed to help you overcome your fear of public speaking and develop confidence in your speaking abilities.

Natural and holistic treatments are a gentler alternative for providing effective relief from fear and anxiety experienced when speaking in public. Treatments such as herbal and homeopathic remedies are safe to use without being addictive.

Carefully selected herbs such as Melissa officinalis (Lemon Balm), Lavandula augustifolia (Lavender) and Passiflora incarnata (Passion Flower) promote nervous system health by ensuring that your nerves remain soothed and calm. Homeopathic ingredients such as Gelsemium, Chocolatum and Graphites help reduce anxiety levels, conquer shyness, social phobia and worries, and promotes a sense of calmness.
5th October 2013, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

Plz help me...8870481672
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?