9th March 2012, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

How to choose the subject for prelims to pursue IAS? What are the subject options available?

i want to pursue for ias...suggest me how to chosse subject for prelims and wat are the subject options available??

11th March 2012, 03:21 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to choose the subject for prelims to pursue IAS? What are the subject options available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to pursue for ias...suggest me how to chosse subject for prelims and wat are the subject options available??
The Preliminary Stage of the Civil Service Examination comprise of two compulsory papers and candidates, irrespective of their stream of education as well as expertise in particular field, needs to write and qualify both the papers to move on to the next stage of the civil service examination.

Now, the Preliminary Stage, known as Civil Service Aptitude Test comprise of two papers and are based on the following topics:

Paper 1
Current events of national and international importance
History of India and Indian national movement
Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
Indian Polity and governance
Economic and social development
General issues on environmental ecology-bio-diversity and climate change
General science

Paper 2
Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy
Data interpretation
English language comprehension skills
1st May 2012, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to choose the subject for prelims to pursue IAS? What are the subject options available?

I want to pursue for IAS.May i know which subject should be choosen as optional for prelims.I am a civil engineering student.
10th May 2012, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

being a student of mcom can i go for ias?
2nd July 2012, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

in which subject should i have to complete my graduation so that it will become helpful for me in IAS entrance exam ?
6th August 2012, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

which subject to select for ias prelims after completing engineering in biotechnology
18th October 2012, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

WHICH SUBJECT SHOULD I CHOOSE AFTER COMPLETION OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING?
18th May 2013, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

iam a mbbs student..sugges my optional subjects..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?