26th December 2012, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

How to crack IES if I am a student of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering

I am student of B.Tech in Mechnical Engg. final year. I want to crack IES. so Please tell me how to prepare my self for that.

Related Questions:
  1. Which Books to prepare for IES Exam for Mechanical Engineering?
  2. How to crack IES exam if I am a student of electronics and telecommunication engineering
  3. Information about GATE/IES examination? I am a student of B.Tech(Mechanical and Automation)
  4. Best coaching centres for IES in Pune? I am working in a software company in Pune and want to crack IES exam
  5. How to crack IES examination? Reference books for Mechanical Engineering stream?
  6. Information about IES-ECE entrance exam? I am a average student in engineering
  7. How should I crack IES? I am a student of B.Tech first year electronics and communication student
  8. Is a B.Tech Mechanical Student Eligible for IES exam? After getting selected will they post on candidates personal interest or their interest?
  9. Which books are best for IES exam for mechanical engineering
  10. Can a computer science engineering student give IAS exam and IES?
  11. What is the qualification required to join IES if I am a mechanical engineering student? What is the minimum marks required for B.E? I have scored 58% marks -- [New]
  12. Can a B.Tech.(IT) final year student apply for IES exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Which books are to be referred to prepare for IES exam for mechanical engineering?
  14. How to prepare for IES exam after passing B.E Mechanical Engineering with 65% aggregate
  15. Information about IES entrance exam? I am a student of IIT Guwahati
  16. To crack IES exam which is better between Coaching and Self Student?
  17. How should I crack the IES entrance exam? I am B.E final year Mechanical branch
  18. How to take IES exam in ECE? Books to be referred?
15th August 2016, 11:03 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to crack IES if I am a student of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services. IES examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for engineering candidates. The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years and upper age relaxation applicable for candidates of reserved category. Mechanical engineers are eligible for this exam.

Preparation strategy:

>>You must try to clear basic fundamentals of each technical subject. For example, you need to read basic books for different subject like IC engine, Heat and Radiation, vibration, fluid mechanics. Once you are done with basic book preparation, solve numericals and attempt previous year papers.

>>After that read recommended books like Fluid Mechanics by R.K Bansal, Thermodynamics by Achyutan etc. Join Test series after preparation is done and assess your performance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?