21st August 2013, 04:16 PM
lokesh420

Information about GATE/IES examination? I am a student of B.Tech(Mechanical and Automation)

i am a student of btech(mechanical and automation) from amity university.
i wanna know that can a mechanical and automation engineer apply for gate/ies/cds/ias or any other exam

Related Questions:
  1. How to do Automation if I am a Mechanical engineering student?
  2. Information and job opportunities in Automation and Embedded courses?
  3. How can I get a job in automation field? Best automation institute of PLC and SCADA?
  4. Information about marine automation? I am a B.Tech passout with EC branch
  5. Is it compulsory to do M.Tech after BE? Can I take up a job directly in Industrial Automation?
  6. Best institutes in Pune for Automation courses? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Will I get a job by doing automation course? I am electronics and instrumentation B.Tech student
  8. What is the syllabus for PSU exams? How to prepare for it? I am a 3rd year Mechanical and Automation student
  9. Course in PLC Automation from Rockwell Automation in Noida, is it good?
  10. IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Library Automation and Networking-Library Automation Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  11. How to join Automation Engineering course? I am a AMIE student in EC branch
  12. What are the job oriented courses other than Embedded System? Is Automation a good course? Is there a less scope for girls in Automation?
  13. List of short term courses in Electrical Engineering? Which courses are better to get a job? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How should I study electronics automation design?
  15. Information about the entrance examination of XI? What is the syllabus for the same?
  16. Whether a post graduation programme in Automation & Robotics available at MSU? -- [New]
  17. Eligibility for post graduate Diploma in Automobile engineering or Robotics and Automation System?
  18. List of companies who are recruiting freshers electrical engineers in Kolkata? I have passed out Electrical Engineering from Kolkata -- [Most Discussed]
23rd August 2013, 06:23 PM
nishi513

Default Re: Information about GATE/IES examination? I am a student of B.Tech(Mechanical and Automation)

HI FRIEND
## YES,you are definitely eligible to apply for GATE,IAS and CDS examinations after the completion of your B.TECH course
##For GATE exam,the minimum educational qualification required is degree in engineering/M.SC from recognised institution and final year students are also eligible to apply
## And the educational qualification required to apply for IAS exam is graduation & for CDS exam is degree/engineering degree
## For further details visit www.upsc.gov.in

** ALL THE BEST **
23rd August 2013, 10:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information about GATE/IES examination? I am a student of B.Tech(Mechanical and Automation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesh420 View Post
i am a student of btech(mechanical and automation) from amity university.
i wanna know that can a mechanical and automation engineer apply for gate/ies/cds/ias or any other exam

You have completed B-tech degree in Mechanical engineering so you are applicable for GATE , IES , CDS and IAS exam .Details of these exams are given below-

__________________________________________________ __________________

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are applicable for GATE Exam.

There is no marks criteria in Graduation degree for GATE exam.There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here maximum time.There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

__________________________________________________ __________________

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed Engineering course then also you are applicable for IES exam OR If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for IES exam.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.

__________________________________________________ ________________

CDS stands COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE

Indian Military Academy:- You need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.Your age should be between 19 and 24 years.

Air Force Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics or you can do B.E./B.Tech in engineering or technology.Your age should be between 19 and 23 years.

Naval Academy:- You need to complete your graduation in engineering or technology or you can do B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics.Your age should be between 19 and 23 years.

Officer's Training Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.Your age should be between 19 and 25 years.

__________________________________________________ _________________

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service Examination .IAS is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year .IAS recruitment is organized by Civil Service Exam .

If you have completed Graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.There is no marks criteria.Final year student are applicable for IAS Exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years old.

There are only 4 attempts available for General category (For OBC 7 attempt limit and for SC/ST no attempt limit)

Except CDS exam , all exams have age relaxation as follows-

Official website for UPSC exam http://www.upsc.gov.in

24th August 2013, 01:06 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the Exam conducted by IIT each year

Next GATE exams would be held in January 2014

Eligibilty to apply for the GATE exams is:

>> BE/BTECH/BARCH pass or Final year student

>> M.SC/MCA/MA with subjects/branch Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent

>> Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Five year programme).This programme should have been done just after passing class 12th

Educational Qualifications required to apply for IES exams is:

>> BE/BTECH pass in any stream
OR
>> Passed section A and Section B of Instution examinations of Institution of Engineers
Or
>> Graduate Membership Examination of Institute of electronics and Telecommunication Engineers

Age-
Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations
24th August 2013, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

can a mechanical and automation engineer apply for jobs in psu like
ongc,ntpc etc???
24th August 2013, 09:21 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

As you have mentioned that you are a student of mechanical and automation engineering from AMITY university.

You are eligible for the all the exams which you have mentioned .Basically the main thing is that your main stream would be mechanical engineering through which you have to appear for the different exams.

1.Graduate aptitude test in engineering.

>>It requires candidates having bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university .M.sc candidates can also appear for the exam.

>>There is no upper age limit neither any bar on number of attempts.

>>If you clear the exam with good scorecard ,you may have two options

1.To pursue M.tech from the IIT

2.You can get shortlisted for the Public sector undertakings.

2.Indian Engineering services.

>>For this exam ,you can also appear with mechanical engineering .

>>The age limit is 21-30 years .Relaxation applicable for the obc and sc/st candidates in upper age limits.

3.Combined defense services.

You are eligible for all the academies as it requires bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Indian military academy:19-24 years

Officer's training academy:19-25 years

Airforce academy:19-23 years

Naval academy:19-22 years

You must be unmarried male or female Indian.

Physical fitness is necessary

4.Civil services exams:

>>It also requires only bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.final year bachelor's degree candidates can also apply for the exam.

>>The age limit is same as IES.

For any more details about IES,Civil services ,CDS ,you can visit www.upsc.gov.in

Note: It would be better for you to concentrate on a single entrance exam and give your level best in order to get success in that exam rather focusing on lots of entrance exam and getting success in none of them.

Decide and get successful

Hope the information helps you .If you have any other query you can leave your message here.

All the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
14th May 2016, 03:21 AM
Unregistered

how can mechanical branch and mechanical and automation be the same thing to apply for ies?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?