23rd September 2012, 11:13 PM
Sayiq Javaid

How to get admission IIT after passing B.Tech 1st year in electrical?

Good evening sir
sir i am a student of B.Tech ist year in electrical and i want to get admission in IIT for my M.Tech sir now i am in need of your help
thanks

29th November 2012, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get admission IIT after passing B.Tech 1st year in electrical?

will i get admission in iit b.tech do after physics(hons.)
30th November 2012, 10:32 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to get admission IIT after passing B.Tech 1st year in electrical?

Hello,
Well to get admission in IITs in anywhere in India you have to go through a lot of steps. Firstly you have enroll for the GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering examinations. These are meant for M.Tech or Ph.D. study. The qualification requirement for this examination is a four year graduation. You are already enrolled into B.Tech. So that criteria is fulfilled. Try and make more than 55% in your B.Tech to get a good chance in other colleges too. Now the calculation for GATE scores are done in percentile. So you need to get not only a good rank of that year but also a good rank in comparison to the candidates of past few years. Say you scored around 80-85 percentile or more in GATE. Now you apply in IIT. A list will be generated with the names of those candidates who can sit for the written test in IIT . If your name is there, then you have to clear that examination. Then after that there will be one more round of interview and that is it. If you clear that too, you will get a chance.
30th November 2012, 10:57 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

My friend right now your priority should be B.Tech. You are just a first year candidate. Do not think about M.Tech right now but focus on your Engineering course.

There is a long way before you can apply for M.Tech. Firstly you need to ensure that you get good marks in B.Tech and then only think about taking admission in Indian Institute of Technology.

What you will have to do is appear for the General Aptitude Test for Engineering when you are in final year of B.Tech or after completing the B.Tech. Your admission in IIT would heavily rely on how well you do in the GATE entrance exam.

GATE is the entrance exam for candidates who want admission in M.Tech. Even IIT offers admission through GATE entrance exam. Please remember that GATE score is only valid for 2 years after which you will have to reappear for the exam. So plan the appearance in the GATE exam accordingly.

If you did well in GATE then only you have the chance of admission in Indian Institute of Technology. Even after that you will have to apply for admission in IIT. No matter how good you have done in GATE, don't get overconfident and apply for as many IITs as possible.

Then you will have to wait for the official response from the IIT. Depending on your performance in B.Tech and GATE, you may receive a letter from IIT. However this does not mean that you have got the admission.

It is just the beginning. Now you will be called for written test which purely depends on the IIT to IIT. Next you will have to take part in group discussions. Following that there will be a interview after which you will get the admission.

The entire process is lengthy but right now your focus should only be B.Tech.
30th November 2012, 11:13 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How to get admission IIT after passing B.Tech 1st year in electrical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayiq Javaid View Post
Good evening sir
sir i am a student of B.Tech ist year in electrical and i want to get admission in IIT for my M.Tech sir now i am in need of your help
thanks

Dear Aspirant,

Sorry,to say that but you can't get admission in M.Tech Without completing your 4 years Graduation Course in B.Tech......

If you are wishing to go for IIT then first of all you have too complete your 4 years Graduation course in B.Tech......

Then you have to apply for GATE examination and also have to crack it with good Score......

Final year of Graduation Student also can apply for GATE examination.....

so, First of All complete your Graduation then apply for GATEb exam and you reach to your Dream........

Here are some books for GATE preparation.........

~~~~:::::: List of EEE GATE Books ::::::~~~~

GATE 2013: Electrical Engineering (With CD)
(Paperback)
by
G K P
Price: Rs. 489

GATE Electrical Engineering : Topicwise Previous Years Solved Papers
(Paperback)
by
S. K. Karna
Price: Rs. 266

GATE: Electrical Engineering Papers
(Paperback)
by
G K P
Price: Rs. 266

Electrical Engineering for GATE: A Refresher
(Paperback)
by
The Gate Academy
Price: Rs. 208

Popular Master Guide Gate Electrical Engineering
(Paperback)
by
Gupta
Price: Rs. 390

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
30th November 2012, 02:06 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Quote:
Good evening sir
thanks
Dear,

To get admission in IIT for M.tech course you are required to qualify GATE exam with good percentile. If you can get a good percentile preferably above 95 then your chances to get admission in IIT will be more. But since competition is high sometimes even 98 percentile does not get a call from IITs. So you really need to work very hard.

You are in first year right now and so you have lots of time in your hand to prepare for GATE. You can follow some tips for doing well in GATE:
  1. Take a good coaching for some tricks and aptitude part of GATE.
  2. Study from standard books only.
  3. Make good notes of all the topics at one place which will help you in revision.
  4. Solve previous test papers of GATE.
  5. Practice is more important so try to complete all your course before a month of actual exam and give one month for practice as more you practice more you will know to manage time in exam and avoid making guesses as it involves -ve marking too. You can join test series of a good coaching institute too.

Good luck!
30th November 2012, 07:43 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to get admission IIT after passing B.Tech 1st year in electrical?

Quote:
Good evening sir
thanks

How To Get Admission In IIT For M.Tech

Right now..you are not eligible for taking admission for M.Tech courses..

You need to first complete your 4 years of B.Tech and after that you will have to clear GATE (Graduation Aptitude Test for Engineering) which is conducted every year for admissions to IITs, BITS, IISc as well as for PSUs..

Candidates are eligible to appear for GATE only if :-

>> The candidate is a final year B.Tech/B.E. student or has already completed his/her degree in the same..

>> Candidates having dual degree or M.Sc. are also eligible for appearing for GATE..

Note :- There is no age limit or restriction on the number of attempts for GATE..

You can Click Here for more information on GATE..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
12th January 2013, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

if i can't get admission in iit so can i get admission in other engineering
3rd October 2013, 06:31 AM
Unregistered

sir,
iam studying b.tech 2nd year EEE. in my first year i have 4 backlogs with 55%.
how can i get 85% in my b.tech 4 years.
suggest me.
thanking you sir
31st December 2013, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am b.tech 1st year student is there is anyway to enter b.tech 2nd year in iit
26th January 2014, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

What book is best to appear the gate exam for electronics and communication after b.tech?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?