3rd April 2010, 08:08 PM
karanvir singh

How to get admission in thappar university after 12th?

my name is karanvir and i had just completed my class 12th and i will definately get more than 70% in physics,chemistry and mathematics .. and i will not be able TO get good rank in AIEEE . BUT MY PARENT WANTS ME TO STUDY IN thapar university so plz guide me how can i get admisson in that university ..

4th April 2010, 05:47 PM
fjindal

Default Re: How to get admission in thappar university after 12th?

Dear,
your parents have also some ambitions for you it's your duty to fulfill them
so if you wanna get admission in this university you should visit official website of this university
there you get all information how to get admission in this university
5th April 2010, 02:52 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

hey dont demoralize your self just for it and i am sure that you will be able to get very good marks so that you can get admission in tha thappar college......

by the way if you dont get the admission through the aieee rank then you can get admission by paying them some money......
5th April 2010, 09:22 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
if you get 60% marks in 12th class in physics,
Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry,
Biology, Biotechnology and Computer Science, then you
will get admission in thapar university...........
you can download the form from this site-
www.thapar.edu.................

BEST OF LUCK..........
5th April 2010, 10:02 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

dmissions here is done through the performance of the candidate in the AIEEE exam, but Thapar University also conducts it own admission test for admission to distance learning mode.
you can raed the complete informstion from
http://entrance-exam.org/thapar-university-2009/
7th April 2010, 06:29 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Thapar is a one of the best university of india (ranking is under 20)...
your parents sure if you take admission here then your carrier is going high...
so i tell you procedure ..
admission to BE/B TECH programmes, shall be made on the basis of merit in aieee exam.
conducted by CBSE, only those candidates shall be eligible who scored
at least 20% marks in AIEEE ..
price of application form is 1250..
available on selective branch of axis bank....
so details and other information please visit
www.thapar.edu
good luck
7th April 2010, 01:29 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Not to worry.

There are two modes of entry into Thapar University through AIEEE and Entrance conducted by University itself.

For getting in through AIEEE you have to score within 12,000 (AIR). But since you preparation is not enough to get it,there is nothing to worry about it.

You can appear for entrance conduted by institute itself.

Application and prospectus for admission 2010 will be available on university website- http://thapar.edu from 15,April.

You can also get prospectus against cash payment of rs.1250/- at university office or by sending a DD of 1300/- in favour of Thapar university,Patiala payable at Patiala.

Best of Luck

Last edited by faiyaz; 9th April 2010 at 05:31 PM. Reason: updated as per latest news.
7th April 2010, 06:08 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

dont worry at all you never know what your rank is going to be in AIEEE i hope you score well, and as you have mentioned your parents want you to join Thappar university which is one of the best in INDIA requires min 60 % in 12th to appear in it. and the mode of selection is in two ways :--

1. through AIEEE.. you have to remain in merit to get your admission confirmed there..
2. through university entrance exam... the above criteria also applies for this one..

Note: there is also distance learning mode of education in thappar university if you some how fail to enter into the university which i hope not to happen then you can also persue your eduation in distance mode..
regarding forms and all the details about the availability, payment options you can visit the official website of thappar university which is :---
www.thapar.edu
good luck ... to you hope for the best and cheer up dont get so demoralised..
hope you will get through it...
byee take care..
7th April 2010, 06:20 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
thapar university now a days is heard a lot more as it is growing its reputation.the admission in it is made through AIEEE and there is some cut off marks for thapar university that you must score in order to get admissions there.it also conducts university entrance exam.for which you can appear.the form is available at AXIS bank.
for ore information visit the website http://thapar.edu/
7th April 2010, 08:04 PM
dreamgirl

hi
eligibility is that
1.Candidate must be a diploma holder or must have cleared his or her bachelors’ degree in science and computer application.
2.Candidates must have a minimum of two years of experience.
3.Admissions is done through the performance of the candidate in the AIEEE exam, but Thapar University also conducts it own admission test for admission to distance learning mode.
7th April 2010, 08:54 PM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear frnd
if you have not prepare well for aieee then prepare for the entrance exam conducted by this university.you can get the detail of this university through it official site i.e www.thapar.edu & the cost of application form is Rs.1250
good luck
9th April 2010, 12:30 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

To get into Thapar you have to score well in AIEEE entrance exam. Your rank should be overall in top 10,000 as most of the students apply for it because its a prestigious institute

But you have to fill form separately to get admission in Thapar.

The notification for 2010 is already released. You can check out the notification details from www.thapar.edu/
19th April 2010, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

what is the fee structure of thapar university?
20th April 2010, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

I am an SC student. How much i will get benifit in order to take admission in thappar university? i have just given 12th exams and i am sure that i will get at least 75% marks. But my preparation regarding aieee exam is not to good.
21st April 2010, 01:51 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
I am an SC student. How much i will get benifit in order to take admission in thappar university? i have just given 12th exams and i am sure that i will get at least 75% marks. But my preparation regarding aieee exam is not to good.
You will be liable to get following facilities,if you belongs to SC/ST category:-

Exception of 5% in class 12 aggregate.

If you are going through AIEEE,then you have to score only !5% in AIEEE,for getting admission into Thapar University.

Besides these if you score well (90+) in your class 12 you will be entitle to scholarship of upto 100%.

If,you are going through entrance conducted by University itself for Admission,then there also you will be liable to get scholarship if scored well in Entrance.

Best of Luck
23rd April 2010, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

if student not got the min 60% in 12th and he/she got a good marks in your test so can you give admission to that student...Plz reply
24th April 2010, 12:58 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
if student not got the min 60% in 12th and he/she got a good marks in your test so can you give admission to that student...Plz reply
Scoreing 60% in the criteria means Rule and Rules are same for everyone,no any change will be entertained for any of the candidate.

If you belongs to SC/ST or PH category then there is exception of upto 5% for you.

Best fo luck

Last edited by faiyaz; 30th April 2010 at 12:09 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
29th April 2010, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

i have given aieee exam but marks r not good.i am sure that i can get 80 % marks in 12th.can i get admission in thapar and any advantage.i belong to general.pls rpl soon
30th April 2010, 12:15 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i have given aieee exam but marks r not good.i am sure that i can get 80 % marks in 12th.can i get admission in thapar and any advantage.i belong to general.pls rpl soon
If your score in AIEEE is not good, there is nothing to worry about it.

Apart from AIEEE Thapar University also conducts admission through its own Entrance exam, it is also All India Entrance, with same syllabus and MCQ.

Prospectus along with form are available from 15 april, all details and prospectus can be downloaded from it official website- http://thapar.edu

Best of Luck
30th April 2010, 11:42 AM
anchal vashistha

Default Re:will i get admission in thappar university or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the fee structure of thapar university?
and plz tl me that i wl gwt maximum 60% marks in 12th and also will get 45 marks in aieee so will i get admission in thappar and if not than what to do for getting admission
2nd May 2010, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

if i secure 70% in12 with maths,physics,chem nd comp. nd also get 60 marks in aieee ............can i take addmision in thapar university
4th May 2010, 01:09 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if i secure 70% in12 with maths,physics,chem nd comp. nd also get 60 marks in aieee ............can i take addmision in thapar university
Yeah probablely but not sure.The minimum criteria for Thapar is that Candidates shoud score at leas 60% aggregate in PCM and 12 and at least 50% in AIEEE or All India Rank within 15,000.

So, if you score 70%in 12 including PCM at 60 and 60 marks or 50%(Approx) in AIEEE, then according to eligibility criteria you can expect getting into Thapar University.

Best of Luck

Last edited by faiyaz; 15th May 2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Correction
12th May 2010, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

sir
i wil be able to score more than 20% marks in aieee .shall i should fill the application form. please guide me.i have 90% maks in 10th exam and also hoping 90%maks in 12 th examination.physics,chemistry and maths are my subjects.
abhilekh bartwal
nagraja mandir mohalla srikot ganganali srinagar garhwal 246174
mob 9536818610

email [email protected]
21st May 2010, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

sir...igot--70%-in...12th..boardzz...nd..i..also...didnt...fill..t he..for...of..university...wat..shud..i..do??how.. uch...oney...will..b....req4adm
ission??
22nd May 2010, 12:58 AM
phuchi

hi friend,
You can get prospectus against cash payment of rs.1250/- at university office or by sending a DD of 1300/- in favour of Thapar university,Patiala payable at Patiala.
there are two modes of admission there,
1. according to the rank of AIEEE.
2. through its own conducted entrance examination.
along with that you must have an aggregate of at least 60% in your 10+2.
for more information you can visit the site,
www.thapar.edu

wish you all the best.
22nd May 2010, 03:33 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

hi friend,
there is two ways to get in to the thapar university....
1st one is either through aieee or state exam..
or you should contact to the college management then you can take admission in that college through management quota...if they will allow you then....
22nd May 2010, 05:18 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

There are many courses from m.sc,b.sc,b.e ,m.e.
You can apply for various courses online and offline.
27th May 2010, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

SIR I GOT 83% MARKS IN 12TH EXAM AND GOT 19% MARKS IN AIEEE CAN I ABLE TO TAKE ADMISSION IN THAPAR
27th May 2010, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

SIR I GOT 83% MARKS IN 12TH EXAM AND GOT 19% MARKS IN AIEEE CAN I ABLE TO TAKE ADMISSION IN THAPAR
30th May 2010, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

i got 94.6% as my pcm agregate n i got 520 state rank n 36197 AIR in aieee !! will i get admn in CSc, IT OR EC engrr in thapar university? OR PEC??
31st May 2010, 03:43 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

As also I have said earlier that Thapar University is a Deemed University and for getting admission there, even in not good branch one requires AIEEE rank within 15,000 AIR + 60% aggregate in class 12 including PCM.

So, any one those who meets this requirement can expect Thapar University other wise, candidate can appear for Entrance conducted by Thapar itself. And those who have scored at least 20% in that entrance (15% for sc/st) can appear for councelling at Thapar and also expect seat there.

Besides these there is no way to Enter into Thapar.
31st May 2010, 04:23 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: How to get admission in thappar university after 12th?

dear friend, there are two methods to take admission in Thappar university after 10+2 exam as:
1. kindly crack AIEEE with a minimum rank 12000 & easily take admission in Thappar university in any department .
2.if you doesn't crack AIEEE, then you can also take admission through management quotas, for this kindly meet with the admission authority of Thappar university.
choice are yours.
good luck.
1st June 2010, 12:38 AM
nalanda
Senior Member++

thapar University is a Deemed University and for getting admission there, you must have an aggregate of at least 60% in your 10+2.even in not good branch one requires AIEEE rank within 15,000 AIR
2nd June 2010, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

SIR I HAVE GOT 65% IN PCM BUT I HAVE NOT GET A GOOD RANK IN AIEEE SO HOW CAN I GET ADMISSION IN THAPPER UNIVERSITY.
25th June 2010, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

hello sir...my rank is 212 in mca entrance...can i get admission in thapar uni.? nd how much fee i'll deposit in 1st counselling?..bcoz status site is not working....plz tell me as soon as possible..bcoz i can deposit fee upto 28 june...
31st July 2010, 06:40 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello friend
If you do not score good marks in AIEEE you need not have to worry ,just fill up the application form of the Thapar university,conducted by the Thapar university.

You can crack the exam there that's sure if you think that you are an intelligent guy...

So go for it and crack it,all the best.
18th February 2011, 11:18 PM
sonalgoel1

Smile Re: How to get admission in thappar university after 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanvir singh View Post
my name is karanvir and i had just completed my class 12th and i will definately get more than 70% in physics,chemistry and mathematics .. and i will not be able TO get good rank in AIEEE . BUT MY PARENT WANTS ME TO STUDY IN thapar university so plz guide me how can i get admisson in that university ..
hello karanvir,

don't worry if you would not be able to score well in AIEEE. Actually thapar offers engineering courses in numerous number of streams apart from the computers,electronics etc. You should wait for the result and see if you could make to any of it if college is the only preference and not the stream.

Otherwise you may give the paper next year as well or the best could be if you take admission in any stream you get in thapar and give the paper of AIEEE next year as well and if you are able to get a good rank then your stream is also upgraded and one year is also saved along with the seat in your dream college.

good luck ahead
23rd February 2011, 06:50 PM
jincy eapen

1. ADMISSION TO UG PROGRAMME
1.1 ELIGIBILITY:
A candidate shall be eligible for admission in the UG programmes subject to the following
conditions:
The candidate
(i) has passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST
candidates) in aggregate of three subjects, namely, Physics, Mathematics and any one
subject out of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Computer Science.
(ii) has qualified AIEEE-2010 with at least 20% aggregate marks (15% for SC/ST
candidates).This clause shall not be applicable for the seats at 1.3 (i.e. for over and above
seats).
(iii) possesses a good moral character.
(iv) is a citizen of India.
(v) is born on or after October 1, 1985 (5 years relaxation in age for SC/ST/PH candidates).
1.2 NUMBER OF SEATS
TU offers UG programmes in the following disciplines. Total number of seats is 700+60 and
their discipline-wise distribution is as under:
Programme Number of Seats
BTech Programme (4 year Programme)
Biotechnology 40
BE Programme (4 year Programme)
Chemical Engineering 75
Civil Engineering 75
Computer Engineering 110
Computer Engineering-(for Chandigarh Campus#) 60
Electrical Engineering 75
Electronics & Communication Engineering 110
Electronics (Instrumentation & Control) Engineering 75
Mechanical Engineering 110
BE[IE]-MBA (5 year Programme)
Industrial Engineering*(BE[IE]-MBA) 30
TOTAL 700+60
*The candidates will be awarded two degrees (BE & MBA) on the successful
completion of their five year programme.
# These students shall commence their curriculum in Patiala Campus
and shall move to Chandigarh Campus when it starts. The geographical
location of 'Chandigarh Campus' is at Dera Bassi on the fringe of
Chandigarh.
All the BE programmes of the University are accredited by the National Board of
Accreditation (NBA) constituted under AICTE Act.
1.2.1 Punjab State Seats: 50% of the seats, i.e., 350 are reserved for candidates who have passed
qualifying examination from School/College/Institute located in the state of Punjab.
The Children of employees of Punjab Govt. posted/deputed outside Punjab will be eligible for
admission against these seats irrespective of the location of School/College from where they pass
their qualifying examination provided further that these candidates should have passed their
qualifying examination (10+2) or its equivalent during such posting/deputation of the parent(s) outside
Punjab. Candidates seeking admission under this category are required to submit a certificate
as per format (Annexure-X) alongwith the application form.
1.2.1.1 Seats for Sports Persons from Punjab:
2% seats (7) are reserved for outstanding sports persons possessing sports gradation certificates A,
B or C issued by the Director of Sports, Punjab. Candidates in the following sports disciplines will only
be considered for admission for these seats.
i) Athletics
ii) Basketball
iii) Cricket
iv) Hockey
v) Lawn Tennis
vi) Football
vii) Swimming
viii) Volleyball
ix) Badminton
x) Handball
xi) Table Tennis
xii) Kabaddi
xiii) Weight Lifting, Power Lifting & Best Physique
An attested copy of the sports gradation certificate and other relevant sports participation
certificates must be attached along with the application form.
Further, the following conditions will apply for seeking admission under Sports category:
(i) Only the above mentioned games/disciplines will be considered for admission as TU participates &
holds Inter-University/Inter-Engineering Tournaments in these games.
(ii) The Constitution of sports committee for the purpose of making sports merit is as under:
• Chairman of Admission Committee - Chairman
• One representative of Department of Sports, Punjab - Member
• President Sports, TU - Member
• Director Physical Education, TU - Member
• Registrar, TU - Member
The Committee will prepare Sports merit as per the criteria laid down by the Director, Department of
Sports, Punjab.
(iii) Admission will be made by the duly constituted Admission Committee of the University on the basis of
sports merit prepared by the sports committee duly constituted by the Director of the University.
1.2.2 Outside Punjab State Seats: 50% of the seats, i.e., 350 are reserved for candidates who
have passed qualifying examination from School/College/Institute located outside the state of
Punjab.
1.3 OVER AND ABOVE SEATS:
(a) Punjab Government Seats: 2% seats (14) are reserved for the candidates nominated by
Punjab Government. These seats shall be filled up subject to the policy of the Punjab
Government regarding nominations amended from time to time. The candidates for these
seats are required to appear in the entrance test as specified by Punjab Government. The
candidates for this category should contact the office of Director, Technical Education &
Industrial Training (Government of Punjab), Plot No 1, Sector 36-A, Chandigarh.
(b) Seats Reserved for Beneficiary States: MHRD, GOI, is having a continuous scheme of
reservation of seats in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/Pharmacy courses conducted
at degree and diploma level technical institutions approved by AICTE, for states and UTs
which do not have Engineering colleges, Polytechnics or lack facilities for education in
specific fields of technical education and for certain categories including foreign students.
The nomination of the students is made by the State Governments concerned on the
basis of their own criteria like entrance test etc. MHRD has no discretionary powers
to nominate any students to any specific course or college and the actual admission of the
student.
Nine (9) seats(One in each discipline) are reserved under this scheme of reservation of
seats of MHRD, GOI. The candidates for these seats are not required to appear in the
Entrance Test.
(c) Jammu & Kashmir Migrants
One seat is reserved for the Jammu & Kashmir Migrants. The admission & discipline of seat
under this category will be decided by the Director, Technical Education Punjab.
Candidates desirous of seeking admission as Kashmiri Migrants may contact the office of
Director Technical Education & Industrial Training (Government of Punjab), Plot No 1, Sector
36-A, Chandigarh.
Note: Candidates nominated under the categories at S. No. 1.3(a), 1.3(b) and 1.3(c) must register
prior to the last date of registration as mentioned in the Academic Calendar (P 32). No late
applications shall be entertained. Branch mentioned in the nomination must conform to one of the
existing branches as per Table – II (P 12) of the University; else the nomination shall be void. In
case University receives multiple nominations for any branch, only the first received nomination
shall be accepted for that branch.
1.4 CHILDREN OF THAPAR UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES: 1% over and above seats are reserved
for children of employees of Thapar University. The candidates seeking admission under this category
are required to satisfy the eligibility mentioned at 1.1.
1.5 SEATS UNDER DIFFERENT CATEGORIES: Table-II contains the number of seats under
various categories in different disciplines of the UG programmes.
Table - II
SEATS UNDER DIFFERENT CATEGORIES FOR EACH DISCIPLINE
Category Discipline
%age CH CE
EC EE EI ME IE-MBA CT BT Total
1. Reserved Seats
(a) Scheduled
Castes/Tribes
i) From Punjab
9 9 14 9 9 14 4 14 5 87
ii) Outside
Punjab
SC
17.5 6 7 10 6 7 10 3 10 3 62
ST 7.5 2 3 4 3 3 4 1 4 2 26
(b) Backward Classes
from Punjab
5 2 2 3 2 2 2 1 3 1 18
(c) Sports Persons from
Punjab
2 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 1 0 7
(d) Physically
handicapped
persons
i) From Punjab 3 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 1 11
ii) Outside Punjab
3 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 1 11
2. Open Merit Seats
(a) From Punjab 25 24 35 25 24 36 9 36 13 227
(b) Outside Punjab 28 27 39 27 27 39 10 40 14 251
Total 75 75 110 75 75 110 30 110 40 700
3. Nomination Seats
i) Punjab
Govt.*
2 1 2 2 2 1 2 1 2 1 14
ii) Govt. of
India*
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 9
iii) J & K
Migrants*
1**
4 FN/NRI seats* # 15 11 11 17 11 11 17 4 17 6 105
5 Children of TU
employees
1 7##
Abbreviations used in Table-II:
BT: Biotechnology, CH: Chemical Engineering, CE: Civil Engineering, CT: Computer Engineering, EC:
Electronics and Communication Engg, EE: Electrical Engg, EI: Electronics (Inst & Ctrl) Engg, ME:
Mechanical Engg, IE-MBA: Industrial Engg- MBA (5 year programme).
* THESE ARE OVER AND ABOVE SEATS.
# Please refer to Section 8.0 for eligibility and other conditions.
** Discipline will be allocated by the nominating agency.
## Not more than one seat in each discipline shall be allocated.
For Chandigarh Campus: The reservation of seats shall be as under:
General- 43, SC/ST- 15, Phy Handicapped- 2
1.6 READMISSION (FOR CHANGE OF DISCIPLINE):
Readmission in first/second year is possible only through the Entrance Test to be conducted for
admission in the first year of UG programmes in session 2011-12 subject to fulfillment of the courses of
study for a discipline and other conditions.
After readmission in first/second year, such student(s) will have to pay the tuition fee and other dues as
applicable to students of BE / BTech first year admitted in the session 2011-12.
24th February 2011, 02:15 PM
biswaranjan9

First you have to get thier application form.Then thier exam will be held.If you will be qualified then you can get admit.
28th April 2011, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

how to fill the form online
25th July 2011, 03:23 PM
ankit049
Member+

How to get admission in thappar university after 12th?

dear friend,
if you get 60% marks in 12th class in physics,
Mathematics and any one subject out of Chemistry,
Biology, Biotechnology and Computer Science, then you
will get admission in thapar university...........
you can download the form from this site-
www.thapar.edu.................

BEST OF LUCK..........
18th April 2012, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

if i score aggregate less than 60 in mathematics in XII . will i get admission in thappar university , patiala in b.tech ?
30th June 2012, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir what will be the admission procedure in 2013 to get in thaper plz reply.....
1st July 2012, 12:45 AM
tanveersandhu

My dear friend Thapar University Patiala is a well Reputed University. For getting admission in Thapar you surely have to do good in AIEEE because there is not any other possible way for getting admission into Thapar. Your percentage in 12th won't help you to get admission in Thapar. I want to suggest you that if you really want to get admission there and can not get good rank in AIEEE to get admission there this year than you should surely drop an year and try AIEEE next year with full preparation.
Thanks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?