9th September 2012, 11:18 PM
rajjimadhu

How to get a job in NTPC after completing B.Tech computer science

sir
i have completed b-tech (computer science) but i don't to do the software.
so i have more intrest doing the job in ntpc ,so sir i want to send the complete
details of the job.

10th September 2012, 08:32 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a job in NTPC after completing B.Tech computer science

National Thermal Power Corporation or NTPC is among the largest Public Sector Undertaking in the country. In the list of Forbes Global 2000, National Thermal Power Corporation stands at the 348th Rank.

At present central government holds around 84.5 percent stake in the company. The main business of National Thermal Power Corporation is to construct and operate power generation plants in India. NTPC has installed over 36,000 MW of electricity plants in the country.

National Thermal Power Corporation contributes to 29 percent of total electricity requirement of India. Every fourth house in the country is receiving electricity thanks to the National Thermal Power Corporation.

The majority of electricity plants by NTPC are coal based. Out of 36,000 MW of electricity the company produces, almost 27,500 is generated via coal based power plants. It is followed by gas, hydro generation and nuclear power plants.

Now coming to your question, there are vacancy in the National Thermal Power Corporation for the Computer Science Engineerin. NTPC conducts written test every year to recruit Engineers. If you are interested in job at NTPC, you would have to appear for the written test.

Eligibility

>> A B.Tech degree from a recognized university.

>> At least 60 percent marks in B.Tech course.

>> Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

>> Age limit is relaxed up to 5 years for reserve category.

>> A valid GATE score is quite handy as company may exempt you from appearing in written test based on your performance in GATE Entrance exam.

There is no fix date of the entrance exam. You would have to check leading Employment Dailies and other newspaper for the information about the NTPC written exam. The same information can also be downloaded from the official website of National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).
30th October 2012, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

completed MBA in HR,How to get a job in NTPC with this Degree
6th November 2012, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

sir
so i have more intrest doing the job in ntpc ,so sir i want to send the complete
details of the job.

reply on my email address "[email protected]"
28th December 2012, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

when will be the 2013 notifications for ntpc will be given?
12th January 2013, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

when will be the 2013 notifications for ntpc will be given?

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/how-get-job-ntpc-after-completing-b-tech-computer-science-933161.html#ixzz2HmN8IX1e
13th January 2013, 10:02 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

NTPC

Eligibility:

• Students belonging to SC/ST/Physically Challenged categories (Visually Handicapped / Hearing Handicapped / Orthopaedically Handicapped) and pursuing full time degree course in Engineering in the disciplines of Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Computer Science, Electronics / Telecommunication from a college / university institute recognized by the Govt. of India and should be in the Third Year are eligible to apply for the exam with 65% marks.

• Age relaxation is 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years OBC candidates

• Minimum 55% marks for SC/ST/Physically challenged persons

• Maximum age limit vary with category of posts as specified by NTPC from time to time through advertisements.

Attached Files
File Type: docx ALL ABOUT PSU RECRUITEMENT.docx(17.0 KB, 355 views)
File Type: docx books for PSUs.docx(15.3 KB, 224 views)
20th January 2013, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

without having a good score in gate,are we eligible for job??
20th January 2013, 04:16 PM
aman1257

HI

National Thermal Power Corporation or NTPC is among the largest Public Sector Undertaking in the country. In the list of Forbes Global 2000, National Thermal Power Corporation stands at the 348th Rank.

At present central government holds around 84.5 percent stake in the company. The main business of National Thermal Power Corporation is to construct and operate power generation plants in India. NTPC has installed over 36,000 MW of electricity plants in the country.

National Thermal Power Corporation contributes to 29 percent of total electricity requirement of India. Every fourth house in the country is receiving electricity thanks to the National Thermal Power Corporation.

The majority of electricity plants by NTPC are coal based. Out of 36,000 MW of electricity the company produces, almost 27,500 is generated via coal based power plants. It is followed by gas, hydro generation and nuclear power plants.

Now coming to your question, there are vacancy in the National Thermal Power Corporation for the Computer Science Engineerin. NTPC conducts written test every year to recruit Engineers. If you are interested in job at NTPC, you would have to appear for the written test.

Eligibility

>> A B.Tech degree from a recognized university.

>> At least 60 percent marks in B.Tech course.

>> Age limit is 21 to 30 years.

>> Age limit is relaxed up to 5 years for reserve category.

>> A valid GATE score is quite handy as company may exempt you from appearing in written test based on your performance in GATE Entrance exam.

There is no fix date of the entrance exam. You would have to check leading Employment Dailies and other newspaper for the information about the NTPC written exam. The same information can also be downloaded from the official website of National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).
20th January 2013, 04:33 PM
kvp25panpaliya

Hello,
NTPC stands National Thermal power Carporation.For this exam we have valid score in GATE exam.If you have valid score in GATE exam and also 65% in B.Tech then you apear for NTPC exam and from this you get a good job.
20th January 2013, 05:50 PM
siddjain93

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajjimadhu View Post
sir
details of the job.
Dear friend,

Computer Science and Engineering is one of the best branch of engineering. After completing B.Tech in Computer science there are various career options available for you. Being a CSE graduate you can get good job in various government as well as private sector companies. There are various public sector companies in India which recruits CSE Graduate. NTPC is also of these public sector companies in India. NTPC also recruits the candidates who have completed their Bachelor's degree in Computer science and engineering.

NTPC stands for National Thermal Power Corporation. It is one of the largest Public Sector company of India. NTPC recruits candidates belonging to various streams of engineering. Being a computer science engineering student you are eligible to apply for NTPC. As now a days mostly public sector company recruits candidates on the basis of GATE score. So, for applying for NTPC you have to appear in GATE exam.

The full name of GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam is conducted with the help of 7 IITs and Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. This exam is conducted for the admission of candidates in its M.Tech course. There are various candidates appear in this exam because today mostly public sector company recruit candidates on the basis of GATE score. So, on the basis of GATE score you can apply in NTPC.

Eligibility Criteria:-

The eligibility Criteria for NTPC is same as eligibility criteria of GATE. The eligibility Criteria for GATE exam is:-

1)- You should have completed B.Tech/B.E. degree in any one of the following streams:-

a)- Computer Science and Engineering,
b)- Mechanical Engineering
c)- Electrical Engineering
d)- Electronics and Communication Engineering.

2)- You should have score atleast 60% marks in your B.Tech Degree.

3)- Final Year candidates can also apply for this exam.

4)- Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

5)- There is 3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates and 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Selection Process:-

1)- Written Exam (GATE exam)

2)- Personal Interview.
30th January 2013, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

1)am i elgible to ntpc even i dont have 60(>=) in b.tech with cse branch????????????

2)and if i had bellow 100 rank in gate,then am i elgible to gate????????????
sir plz reply me sir,[email protected]
10th February 2013, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am 28 years old and i am me engineer,and my category is general,can i apply in ntpc
2nd March 2013, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir, can i get the job in NTPC after completing BCA ...
sir please reply me,,, my email id is :- [email protected]
and my contact no. is ... 8896243220
27th March 2013, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am last year student in cse & i donot give gate examination can i get job in ntpc?
after compliting engineering that is any coourse for a job in ntpc.my email id:[email protected]
21st May 2013, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

sir i qualified in gate 2013 but i dont know the last date so any chances is there to join ntpc am completed btech in2012 cse wih 65% plz help me
24th May 2013, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

sir, can we apply without having gate rank ?????
sir, please reply "email- [email protected]"
20th June 2013, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have completed my B.Tech in information technology..
how should i apply to get job in NTPC??please reply on my email id "[email protected]".
4th September 2013, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

MY NAME IS VANDANA I HAVE DONE MA FROM CCS UNIVERSITY AND POLOTECHNIC FROM D.N POLOTECHINC ALSO FROM BRANCH COMPUTER SCIENCE SO TELL ME ABOUT THE JOB AS FOR COMPUTER BRANCH AND MY EMAIL DI THIS [email protected]
8th September 2013, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

Can we apply with out having gate in ntpc??????
10th March 2014, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

are there any govt jobs which will see only gate score but not b.tech % because i had 58% in b.tech ?????????????????????
25th July 2014, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

is there isscope of industrial and production in sail ntpc bhel gail ongc iocl and other maharatna companies of india
30th August 2014, 02:24 AM
Rahul gautam kittu singh

sir
i have completed b-tech (computer science)
so i have more intrest doing the job in ntpc how I get job in ntpc. But my marks is not gud in gate exams
29th October 2014, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir
i am final year student of b-tech cs can i apply for NTPC as my aggregate percentage is 60.4 till 6th sem.
Also tell me the date of forms when they will come.....
8th June 2015, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Hello good day ,

I have completed b-tech (computer science and engineering ) in 2012 , I have more than 3yrs of IT experience in top MNC's .
I have more interest doing the job in NTPC , Can You please tell me the way to get into NTPC or process of Examination .

Thanks
8th June 2015, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Hello good day ,

I have completed b-tech (computer science and engineering ) in 2012 , I have more than 3yrs of IT experience in top MNC's .
I have more interest doing the job in NTPC , Can You please tell me the way to get into NTPC or process of Examination .

Thanks
8th June 2015, 04:32 PM
ATANU RAHAMAN

Hello good day ,

Thanks
13th July 2017, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

sir ,i have complete my b.tech in cse with 76% in 2017. But i am not clear gate exam can i apply for the ntpc if yes then please send tell me how i am apply for the job.
thank you
24th August 2021, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope of Computer Science & Engineering Student in ntpc
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?