7th August 2012, 01:28 AM
MD. IMTIYAZ ALAM

How to get a job in NTPC? I am a mechanical engineer

how to get job in NTPC?
i am a mechanical engineer..................

7th August 2012, 07:48 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a job in NTPC? I am a mechanical engineer

National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) is the largest Public Sector Undertaking electric utilities company in India. The aim job of NTPC is to build and operate power plants in India and at the same time provide consultancy to power utilities not just in India but around the world.

National Thermal Power Corporation hires around 500 to 600 Engineers every year. Alike every other Public Sector Undertakings, NTPC too conduct a written test which is taken by thousands of candidates who wish to work for the company.

There are jobs in National Thermal Power Corporation for 5 branches of Engineering.

Mechanical Engineers

Electrical engineers

Instrumentation Engineers

Civil Engineers

HR and Finance

Out of these five most of the jobs are for Mechanical Engineers. However to be eligible for the job, each candidate is required to meet certain criteria.

Eligibility:

You must be Indian Citizen

Age limit is 21 to 30 years with some relaxation for the reserve category candidates.

You must have B.Tech degree in the branches I have mentioned above.

You must secure at least 60 percent marks in the B.Tech course.

Apart from these eligibilities, a valid GATE score is also very important. Most PSU do consider the GATE score of the candidates. Those who have performed better in the GATE exam could be called for direct interview and may not have to appear in written test.

National Thermal Power Corporation also visits several Engineering colleges in India and offer on campus jobs to eligibile candidates. Among te universities NTPC visit are:

ITBHU

ISM Dhanbad

DTU

BITS-Pilani

BIT Mesr
7th August 2012, 12:28 PM
chsvskoteswararao

NTPC also recruited the candiddates frm gate 2012, so this year also they may continue the same. The procedure is as follows
1) primary screening by gate score or separate exam for non gate candidates
2) group discussion
3) Interview

offer letter

ALL THE BESThttp://www.ntpccareers.net/et_files/ad2012.pdf
18th July 2013, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum approx marks in gate for job in ntpc(for mech. engg.)
3rd February 2014, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

What is the min... GATE score reqd. for eligibility in NTPC by S.C category mechanical students
21st August 2014, 06:08 PM
pappuhinu

My self sahil sharma , i just pass out b.e.mechanical engineer in june 2014 at gujrat technological university. Last year result got it 7.8 & 7.9 s p i , my average c g p a 6.99. Need a job for trainee.
Attached Files
File Type: docx FRESH CV SAHIL SHARMA.docx(55.6 KB, 109 views)
13th September 2014, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

my self Sunil Kmuar,i passed my B.Tech. In MECHANICAL ENGG. with 75%.i want to know that how many marks need in GATE for getting job in NTPC
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?