19th August 2012, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

How to get selection in MBBS as an average student in 12th?

How can i get selection in mbbs as i m an average student in 12th

19th August 2012, 08:58 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get selection in MBBS as an average student in 12th?

MBBS - Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery is a five year under Graduate studies and can be pursed after 12th standard.

In order to get admission to MBBS course as an average student you have to apply, appear and crack Medical entrance exam like AIPMT/AIIMS/AFMC/State JEE.

The candidate must be an Indian Citizen having either appear for the 12th exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects of studies and having secured at least 50%(in some cases 60% marks) in aggregate from a recognised Board within the age of 17 to 28 years, is eligible to apply for the above entrance exam for MBBS.

Due to stiff competition to purse MBBS, you have to prepare for the exam at least one year rigorously before sitting for the exam.
19th August 2012, 10:12 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

It is not impossible for average students to do MBBS. However it would be difficult since you would come across very talented candidates who would be competiting against you for the precious medical seat.

First thing you should understand is that your performance in 12th is not a major point when looking for admission in MBBS college. The admission purely depends on the entrance exam. Those who will perform better than others would get admission while others would be left disappointing.

Now in your case, I hope you have not completed 12th yet. The reason I say that is because you would need some time to prepare for the MBBS entrance exam. A lot of students start taking coaching classes to crack the MBBS entrance exam as soon as 11th class.

They prepare for medical entrance exam for next 2 years and then only manages to crack it. I would recommend you to do the same. It is important that you take coaching classes since you are average student. I don't think any average student can prepare for entrance exam as tough as PMT on his own. The professionals as the coaching center would help you prepare better for the entrance exam.

Once you are prepared, appear in one of these entrance exams for MBBS mentioned below and see if you could manage to crack them.

PMT

Also known as AIPMT, is the entrance exam conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). This is perhaps the most popular MBBS entrance exam where over 5 Lakh students compete for the 15 percent government quota seats in MBBS.

AFMC Entrance Exam

Armed Forces Medical College Enrance Exam offer 130 MBBS seats to the candidates. Armed Forces Medical College is located in Pune. Before getting admission for the MBBS course, you need to understand that after completing MBBS you would require to serve Indian Army for seven years as Commissioned Officer. This is part of the agreement which you can not violate. In violated your medical degree would be made invalid by the college.

Other exams include:

AIIMS Entrance Exam

DUMET

JIPMER Entrance Exam
19th August 2012, 12:06 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How can i get selection in mbbs as i m an average student in 12th

Whether you will score good rank in the medical entrance examination or not that will entirely depend on the kind of effort you put it. It has nothing to do with the fact whether you are average or brilliant. All these tags gets associated with a student only when he sincerely puts in the effort required to excel in studies. So if you think you are prepared to give your best shot then trust me no one can stop you from getting good marks.

Now let me discuss in details the list of medical entrance exams you can give or the eligibility criteria required for the same.

To sit for the medical entrance examination you need to english, physics, chemistry and biology as your subject combination at 10+2 level.

If you are a general category student then you need to score 50% of marks in the subjects mentioned above. However the reserved category students will get a percentage relaxation.

While giving the exams you need to attain minimum 17 years of age. The upper age limit for this exam is 25 years of age.

There are a list of entrance exams that can be given for pursuing MBBS. Some of them have been listed below:
  • All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam (AIIMS)
  • Armed Forces Medical College Entrance Exam (AFMC)
  • All India Pre-Medical / Pre-Dental Entrance Examination Exam (AIPMT)
  • Banaras Hindu University Medical Entrance Examination (BHU)
  • Delhi University Medical-Dental Entrance Test (DUMET)
  • Jawaharlal Institute of Post-graduate Medical Education and Research Entrance Exam (JIPMER)
  • SRM Institute of Science and Technology Medical Entrance Exam (SRM Medical Entrance Exam)
  • Madhya Pradesh Pre-Medical Test (MP PMT)

Top Medical Entrance Exam Reference Books:

MTG Chapterwise Explorer: 18 Years AIIMS chapeterwise solution Physics, Chemistry & Biology (1994-2011)
by MTG Editorial Board
Publisher: MTG Learning Media (P) Ltd.

MTG Human Biology: 900 + MCQs from AIIMS, AIPMT, AFMC, BHU VMMC, Manipal & Other National / State PMTs
by MTG Editorial Board
Publisher: MTG Learning Media (P) Ltd.

Jipmer Medical: 12 Years' Solved Papers (2000 - 11)
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

5 Mock Tests & Solved Papers for AFMC Entrance
by Expert Compilations

CMC Vellore and Ludhiana: Previous Years' Solved Papers and 10 Practice
by Expert Compilations

CBSE-AIPMT Solved Papers
by N. Khurmi
Publisher: Khurmis Publishing

Top Medical Entrance Exam Coaching Centres:

Aakash Institute

Allen Career Institute

Brilliant Tutorials

Career Point

Elite Academy

Mastermind Classes

Narayana Institute for Medical/Engineering Coaching

Oasis Educational Services

Aakashdeep Academy

Career Forum

Here i have also attached the previous year question papers and mock test papers of some top entrance examination. Please download them properly and go through their question pattern to learn more about the kind of questions which normally comes. Hope this helps. :-> :->
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AIIMS Model paper 5.pdf(77.5 KB, 469 views)
File Type: pdf AIIMS Model Paper 7.pdf(76.3 KB, 284 views)
File Type: pdf aipmt_2007_mains_questionpaper.pdf(673.0 KB, 292 views)
File Type: pdf AIPMT solved paper 2006 set 2.PDF(249.5 KB, 291 views)
File Type: pdf JIPMER 2000.pdf(168.8 KB, 219 views)
File Type: pdf JIPMER 2003.pdf(148.8 KB, 292 views)
File Type: pdf ModelPaper1.pdf(147.2 KB, 167 views)
File Type: pdf modelpaper6.pdf(127.0 KB, 204 views)
14th October 2012, 03:44 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Well my dear friend,

In order to get admission in MBBS course, the most thing matters is your rank in the entrance exams. If you'll get good rank then you can easily go for your MBBS course, else its difficult to get admission in this course.

List of Entrance exams:

1. AIIMS

2. PMT

3. CBSEPMT

4. AFMC

5. BHU

6. DUMET

7. JIPMER

Wish you all the very best.
20th April 2013, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

how to prepare for MBBS exam since i am in 11 sci and i want to to this couse without letting one year time in coaching.
22nd May 2013, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

If you are a average student then try to do hard labor then only U can com pleat MBBS.......Just believe in yourself that you can do.... I am saying so because i was a very weak student in class 11 and 12 also. But i had taken coaching in kolkata after that after 3 years i have goted a good rank in PMT.... So, Believe in yourself that U can dooooo :)
4th June 2013, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a average studnt can i score 90% above marks in 12 with selectn in pmt
15th November 2013, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

how can i remove my fear 4giving 12th exam as syllbus is more?
24th July 2014, 07:37 AM
Unregistered

How many chances should be taken by a student for medical entrance exams?? Plz tell me ...its very important for career ..or yes one more question :- chances are continued after 12 th or not???
28th October 2014, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

How to focus on the entrance exam with the 12 board becoz medical entrance exam includes both 11 & 12... pls suggest some tricks to coupe up with both the exam
20th December 2014, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

sir I avg student not yet seriously studied but from december first week I started studyi
ng 10 hrs per day can I crack aipmt as only 5
months are left and many frnds r saying u dnt have time now plz help me sir
26th December 2014, 07:20 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of 11th std.I am not going for any coaching.Will it reduces the chance to get mbbs in AIIMS?
10th January 2015, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Hello i am in 10 class and i really wanna be a doctor. Please give me some tips to prepare for MBBS from now onwards
11th May 2015, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have already dropped one year and there are no chances of me clearing the competition ... Plz help me to decide what shall I do either drop one more year or do something else????
2nd July 2015, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

What should be the range of rank and marks to get admission in govt college for mbbs
13th August 2015, 03:08 AM
Unregistered

I am class10 student. I m very Gud in biology and physics n chemistry are no problem subjects for me.my passion is to become DOCTOR.only thing I lack is Gud concentration .can I go for science in future as it require lots of studies. Seriously,I want to be a doctor.
13th June 2016, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

I am a fair student I got 88% in class 10 ,I am a student who believe in studying with applying minds .sir how I can get admission in aiims?
13th June 2016, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

I am a fair student I got 88% in class 10 ,I am a student who believe in studying with applying minds .sir how I can get admission in aiims?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?