29th April 2011, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

How to get in USA universities with O'Level results?

I am currently doing my O'level exams (IGCSE) and I would like to join a university in the USA, I would like to know how to get there with my O'level results.

22nd August 2011, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get in USA universities with O'Level results?

what college prep in USA that accept O LEVEL certificate as the requirements?
22nd August 2011, 10:32 PM
rana2011
Banned

Sorry Friend,
After doing O'level exams (IGCSE) you do not join a university in the USA.

Thanks!
3rd September 2011, 02:15 PM
itokin.cyberdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am currently doing my O'level exams (IGCSE) and I would like to join a university in the USA, I would like to know how to get there with my O'level results.
You will need your IGCSE certificate with All "A" or "A+" and also you will need to do IELTS or TOEFL for your English. If you aren't satisfied enough with your certificates, you can do SAT for your scholarship program at universities in U.S. Don't worry about anything. Just make you test papers with full marks! All the countries accept IGCSE certificates...It's international General Certificate! Good luck!
14th June 2012, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

I'm doing my O' levels right now , i' m in my eleventh year, and i wanted to know that is there any university or college in USA which would except me after o level on some scholarship program??
18th September 2012, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Is there any university in usa which only requires o level ( IGCSE ) ?!
25th October 2012, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Hey im going to sit for my IGCSE exams in 2014. I want to do my A levels in the USA and want to go there with a scholarship. Is that possible??? If yes then how? :(
28th November 2013, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana2011 View Post
Sorry Friend,
After doing O'level exams (IGCSE) you do not join a university in the USA.

Thanks!
Some U.S. colleges and universities do accept students after IGCSE, O Levels or the Malaysian Form 5.
31st May 2023, 11:40 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Getting admission to universities in the USA with O'Level results requires careful planning and meeting certain requirements. Here are some steps to consider:

Research Universities: Start by researching universities in the USA that offer programs you are interested in. Look for universities that accept students with O'Level qualifications and have suitable programs in your desired field of study.

Meet Admission Requirements: Review the admission requirements of the universities you are interested in. Typically, universities require completion of high school education or an equivalent qualification. Some universities may also require additional tests like the SAT or ACT.

English Language Proficiency: Most universities in the USA require international students to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. This can be done through tests such as the TOEFL or IELTS. Prepare for and take the necessary English language proficiency tests to meet the university's requirements.

Transcripts and Documentation: Contact the relevant examination board or your school to obtain official copies of your O'Level transcripts. These documents will provide proof of your academic qualifications. Ensure that the transcripts are properly authenticated or verified according to the requirements of the universities you are applying to.

Submit Applications: Complete the application process for the universities you have selected. This usually involves filling out an online application form, submitting the required documents (including transcripts), and paying the application fee. Be mindful of application deadlines and submit your applications on time.

Personal Statement and Essays: Many universities require applicants to submit a personal statement or essays as part of the application process. These essays provide an opportunity to showcase your motivation, goals, and achievements. Prepare well-crafted and compelling essays that highlight your strengths and aspirations.

Letters of Recommendation: Some universities may require letters of recommendation from teachers or mentors. Choose recommenders who can speak to your academic abilities, character, and potential. Provide them with sufficient time to write the letters and make sure they submit them before the deadline.

Financial Planning: Consider the financial aspects of studying in the USA. Research scholarships, grants, and other financial aid options available for international students. Additionally, have a plan in place to cover tuition fees, living expenses, and any other costs associated with studying abroad.

Visa Process: Once you receive an acceptance letter from a university, you will need to apply for a student visa (typically an F-1 visa) to study in the USA. Familiarize yourself with the visa requirements and start the visa application process well in advance.
21st July 2023, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

I am a ugandan and got 5 points at my Alevels
Am looking at Grand rapids community college
Will I be accepted in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?