6th April 2010, 06:36 PM
prachi.mehta

How good is the course content and faculty of SMU and Symbiosis?

I am looking for MBA by distance learning. My friends told me about sveral universities from Sikkim Manipal University , IGNOU to Symbiosis in Pune. I have narrowed down to these two only (SMU & Symbiosis). Heard both of them have added lots of new industry specific MBA courses. Do you have any idea how good are the course content and faculty?

Related Questions:
  1. Which university to choose for MBA between, Symbiosis, Pune University and Sikkim Manipal University? Is there any value of PGDBA?
  2. How to join MBA distance learning in Grade of University Sikkim
  3. Which institute/university is better to study Distance MBA among Amity University, SMU, KSOU, Annamalai University, Symbiosis, TASMAC and NIIT Imperia? -- [New]
  4. How to have a good career in Ethical Hacking field after passing BCA from SMU? Is SMU recognized by USA?
  5. How to get a job in IT sector after doing BCA?
  6. Detailed information about Bachelor of Education course in SMU?
  7. Where can I do MBA diploma in through distance education?
  8. Detailed information about BCA course in SMU, Midnapore
  9. What is the difference between Diploma in MBA and Normal MBA? Is it a good decision to study MBA in Symbiosis college? How to get the prospectus for MBA course in Symbiosis? What is the fee structure of the course?
  10. Eligibility to appear in CAT, XAT and SNAP for B.Com final year student from SMU-DE?
  11. How can I get a good job in MNC? I am doing MBA from SMU distance education
  12. Any options available to study Law through correspondence?
  13. List of colleges or universities providing 5 years B.A LLB courses? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Whether pursuing MBA(HR) from SMU-DE is not beneficial?
  15. Am I eligible for NET exam after completing my MCA from SMU DE?
  16. Minimum salary after graduation from SMU Distance Learning? Is SMU distance learning a good institute to pursue graduation and PG?
  17. Can I study MBA in Abroad if pursuing B.Com in SMU?
  18. How can I do B.Ed from SMU? I have scored 56%
31st March 2011, 06:38 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How good is the course content and faculty of SMU and Symbiosis?

I prefered for Symbiosis beacause Symbiosis have much better value in market in comparison of SMU.It gives good study material with easy language.
it provides a demo CD of every subject with your study material of semester wise.In that cd you will get the practical overview of related topics of every book that is belong to you subject.
It have good faculities whom you can see in on line classes.
Symbiosis also gives free online classes that you can get after the booking.In the online class you can also ask the question to the faculities of symbiosis.

One thing is very important here Symbiosis does not give placement.But if you join symbiosis ,it will too benefecial for you because it have much better value then SMU in Indian and International Market.

fee structure of scdl is -
25000 in two instalment(15000+10000)
Admission Form you can get from Axis Bank.
1st April 2011, 01:50 AM
Abhishekka3193

Symbiosis is in pune and offers many undergraduate courses in medical and engineering.all students completed their 12th can apply for it. One has to give entrance test for and by completing the entrance exam you can get enter.besides undergraduate programmes many post graduate courses are also provided
4th May 2011, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

I completly agree SYMBIOSIS has much higher brand value than any other players in Distance Learning. This time July 2011 , Admission Form is free of cost available for download from website www.scdl.net and the
fees is Rs. 31,000 (Rs. 1000 Reg. + Ist Inst. Rs. 15000 + IINd Inst. Rs. 15000)
4th June 2011, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

WHETHER IT IS NECESSARY TO APPEAR FOR ENTRANCE EXAM TO TAKE ADMISSION IN MBA THROUGH DISTANT LEARING?
9th July 2011, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

I just wanted to know that whether MBA (distance learning) can be pursued from Symbiosis University if we are unable to score 50% in graduation?
12th July 2011, 11:11 PM
fazlu
Member+

better go for Symbiosis because Symbiosis have much better value in market in comparison of SMU.It gives good study material with easy language.it provides a demo CD of every subject with your study material of semester wise.In that cd you will get the practical overview of related topics of every book that is belong to you subject.
It have good faculities whom you can see in on line classes.Symbiosis also gives free online classes that you can get after the booking.In the online class .
15th July 2011, 06:42 AM

hiiiiiii......
you better go to symbiosis rather going to smu.because the teaching facility in symbiosis is good.traning facilities also good,online discussion is there.highly educated faculties are there.campus selection is also good in smbiosis so better go for this..
good luck.............
19th October 2011, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

I did my MBA from SMU and found the course material easy to comprehend. The font size, layout and content are quite good. There is no overloading of the subject. SMU understands that those who do DE are experienced, therefore, their own experience coupled with the course ware can produce better MBAs unlike Symbiosis who load lots of material. Actually, you do not require lorry loads. Lot of MBA learning happens from real life experience. The course should help some one structure their knowledge and information gathering to perform better in work and life. Further, the font size and layout of Symbiosis are awfully bad. In a nut shell, Symbiosis is theory based and SMU is principles and practice. You judge which is better for you.

Luck Joe
12th November 2011, 05:32 PM
VegaSridhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I did my MBA from SMU and found the course material easy to comprehend. The font size, layout and content are quite good. There is no overloading of the subject. SMU understands that those who do DE are experienced, therefore, their own experience coupled with the course ware can produce better MBAs unlike Symbiosis who load lots of material. Actually, you do not require lorry loads. Lot of MBA learning happens from real life experience. The course should help some one structure their knowledge and information gathering to perform better in work and life. Further, the font size and layout of Symbiosis are awfully bad. In a nut shell, Symbiosis is theory based and SMU is principles and practice. You judge which is better for you.

Luck Joe

HI,

I've been pursuing my MBA in HR stream form Sikkim Manipal University. I'm in final semester now. From my observation with SMU
  • IT is very flexible for working professionals
  • The Assignements,Viva and final exams are objective type which demands very precise knowledge of every subject
  • It is easy to write descriptive exam compared to objective.Objective type needs more accurate knowledge
  • Graed system is good.
  • Faculty are very helpful.They are helping me to do Ph.D.
  • SMU books are easy to understand.It takes lesstime during exams to do revisions.
  • Case studis are very useful which aareavailable in online BUDDY student protal
  • Projects,Articlees, case studies etc all are very useful
  • SMU is Indias No.1 in distance learning program
  • Fee is economical .Rs.12000 for semester

I am satisfied with SMU. I'm going to complete it in Jan 2012.

Best of luck
21st December 2011, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

can you pls tell me comparision of total fee charged for mba with sombosis
28th December 2011, 03:10 AM
Unregistered

I have 52% in Graduation. I am confused weather i can get in a recognized regular collage for MBA or not. Plz Help :(
Or if i go for distance learning what to choice between SMU or Symbiosis..??
3rd February 2012, 04:36 AM
Unregistered

smu seems to be the best....symbiosis lags in variety of specialization, icfai goes for more fees, and ignou late result problem. overall smu is winner....
26th September 2012, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

I have done MSc-IT from SMU and done B.com from Calcutta University. Now I want to do Ph.D in CS or IT in Kolkata. Am I eligible for that. Is there any institute/university (regular/ distant) from where I will do the same. As I am residing in Kolkata (Calcutta) and it will great pleasure for me if any one supply info on this topic. I searched for IGNOU(Salt Lake-Bikash Bhavan) but they don't provide this degree from here but from Delhi and right now it is not possible for me to do the same from Delhi. Thanks in advance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?