9th November 2011, 03:18 PM
sarithasekhar

How to improve group discussion skills?

i am poor in group discussion. so want to improve group discussion skills.so please send me tips for GD
please send me the details.

28th February 2012, 09:12 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to improve group discussion skills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarithasekhar View Post
i am poor in group discussion. so want to improve group discussion skills.so please send me tips for GD
please send me the details.

Group Discussion tests an individuals communication skills and leadership quality.To come up with flying colors in these discussion rounds, one has to think and act independently. You need to have the ability to lead the group.
First of all try to think about the given topic and try to organize your thoughts. Before speaking be sure that you present your opinion with sufficient and reasonable facts. You need to address your view point with clear and confident voice. You have to make the other group persons believe in you. One should not interrupt while some one else is presenting his view point. Always be attaintive of what is happening around you. Be confident and sit with upright posture. Don't sit with a stoop. This will help you in being confident. You have to make yourself the center of attraction.
19th April 2012, 10:26 PM
mrrudeaka
Junior Member+

The only way to improve your group discussions skills is to have more and more interaction with the people around you.Discuss on any topic with your familly,friends and other people.Start with the easy topic.No matter you are saying it right or wrong,the thing matters is your confidence.You have to convince the people with your words and let them think that whatever you are saying is totally right.

This will give you confidence and will help a lot for the GDs too.
25th September 2012, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

how can i come across new words which will lead other members of the group to think about the meaning of it and which will live a good imperission on the mind of all the members of the group
8th November 2012, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

How should be start GD
8th November 2012, 11:12 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hi,
Well in GD or group discussion is a skill where you need to listen to other's very carefully and minutely. It is like debating with many other contenders in a civilized and logical way. You have put forward your views over the others in an understandable but attractive way. So that it is you who become the center point of discussion and your interviewers are impressed with you. So for this, it will be beneficial if you participate in your school debates, and elocution competitions. Also your English communication skills must be good. Try communications and healthy debates with your friends and get a grip on this domain.
10th December 2012, 09:38 PM
sahoo.career

Hello,
Some tips to follow in order to improve your skills in GD :
1) Keep eye contact while speaking:

2) Initiate the GD:
Initiating the GD is a big plus. But keep in mind – Initiate the group discussion only when you understood the GD topic clearly and have some topic knowledge. Speaking without proper subject knowledge is bad impression.

3) Allow others to speak:

4) Speak clearly:
Speak politely and clearly. Use simple and understandable words while speaking.

5) Make sure to bring the discussion on track:

6) Positive attitude:
Be confident. Do not try to dominate anyone. Keep positive body language. Show interest in discussion.

7) Speak sensibly:
Do not speak just to increase your speaking time. Don’t worry even if you speak less. Your thoughts should be sensible and relevant instead of irrelevant speech.

8 ) Listen carefully to others:

9) No need to go into much details:

10) Formal dressing:
31st October 2013, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

Can you please give some functional language that I can use to initiate the group discussion
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?