25th July 2012, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

How to join Arts? Can I take up general maths?

i wish to go for arts! i dont lyk geometry so. since in arts i will take logic cn i take up general maths? will it leave me open for career options lyk MBA nd CA?
Since i dont hv a problem with algebra accounts should be fine for me!

25th February 2016, 11:23 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to join Arts? Can I take up general maths?

Yes you can join arts any day. The thing is we have the 10th Board exams / Grading exams in which the students appear for them and get marks/grades. Depending on how well they have done, they should go for further choice of streams. There are majorly three streams that we have:

Science
Commerce
Arts / Humanities

It is evident that people who take up Science as a stream in class 11th and 12th obviously have to deal with a lot of hard work, complex subjects and hardships. Similar traits follow in the Commerce field but for Arts, things are fair, interesting and on the creative side. This involves Arts and Drawing, Designing, Political Science, Home Science and more.

If you want to take up MBA in the near future or even CA I would recommend taking Maths up. Though please note that all the competitive exams pertaining to MBA ask only maths that is up to 10th standard. If you have studied the subject well, you should not have much problems. However, taking it up in higher classes would only mean that you are in touch of the subject and feel comfortable doing it.

Some schools offer Arts with Mathematics, however some don't. Thus, first of all you have to ensure that your respective school has the scope to grant this combination of subjects. Once you are sure that they do, there is no harm in taking Maths as one of the subjects and studying it for two more years. You would be in touch of it and find it easier to crack competitive exams such as CAT and for CA.

Moreover, Maths enhances your thinking skills and logical ability. Also since you mention that you do not have any problems with Algebra, Maths/Accounts should be just fine for you. But it is always a good idea to have your passion as a side hobby and focus more on what can get you settled in the job market. I understand fields like Arts are very interesting and attractive, but there are lesser known opportunities out there for them. Instead if you do well in your academics, you may end up better.

Important: Another point that you should consider noting is that competitive exams have a high weightage of marks on Geometry and hence even though if you hate it, you have to study it to crack one for yourself. It is one of the core areas of Mathematics and there is no running away from it.

Ultimately if you have financial support for your family and do not have any dependents, then pursuing your dream and passion should not be a problem.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?