21st June 2012, 09:09 PM
Jashanpreet Singh693

How to join B.Tech after completing my 12th non medical?

hi friend,
m very confused about my career. i wants to join b.tech after completing my +2 non-medical .
but i don't know that i'm going to right way or not....???

29th August 2012, 10:08 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to join B.Tech after completing my 12th non medical?

To be eligible for admission in Engineering colleges you will have to qualify engineering entrance examination like AIEEE, GATE, JEE, CET etc.
But before that you will have to decide which branch in B.Tech engineering you want to pursue as per your interest, skills and qualification.. There are several branches:

Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Computer Science and Electronics
Electrical Engineering
Aeronautical Engineering
Information Technology
Automobile Engineering
Print Engineering
Mining Engineering
Biotechnology (Physics, Chemistry and Biology is mandatory as a subject in class 12)

Most of the UGC recognized and deemed universities/colleges require minimum 65% aggregate marks in higher secondary or equivalent from a recognized school/board to be eligible to apply for admission. ST/SC/ and OBC get a relaxation of 5% marks for admission in almost all the colleges/universities across India. Your Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) marks will matter the most while taking admission in engineering colleges. In Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) your aggregate percentage should not be less than 65%.

Once you clear your entrance exam, and you fall under the eligibility criterion mentioned above you can apply for admission in engineering colleges by collecting the admission form and submitting it with adequate details and documents.
22nd December 2013, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

if i had claered my 2 from icse board?
12th June 2014, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

I have ranked 24543 in WBJEE , but my 10 2 score in science group is less than 45% & aggregate is 54%. Can I get admission in engineering colleges through counselling as I'm eligible for counselling.... pls help me out .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?