10th January 2013, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

How many attempts are allowed for GATE exam?

How many chances I am going to have for GATE Exam having applied for upcoming GATE Exam and will not be attending?

20th January 2013, 01:44 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many attempts are allowed for GATE exam?

GATE can be attempted any number of times. There is no upper age limit also. The exam is conducted by 7 IIT’s and IISc. The exam is conducted to select candidates to M.Tech. The test comprise of subject model questions only.
20th July 2013, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have already applied gate for 4 times (2010,11,12,13). I am 2011 B.tech pass out candidate. But i am not succeeded lake of proper coaching. I belong to OC(general) category .my age is 23. Am I "eligible "for Attempting the Gate exam once again?.plz give the replay.
29th July 2013, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

Talking Re: How many attempts are allowed for GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I have already applied gate for 4 times (2010,11,12,13). I am 2011 B.tech pass out candidate. But i am not succeeded lake of proper coaching. I belong to OC(general) category .my age is 23. Am I "eligible "for Attempting the Gate exam once again?.plz give the replay.
bus kar bhai ...
tmse na ho payega..
30th July 2013, 04:03 AM
kalyan90kashyap

Hi, You can appear in GATE Exam for unlimited number of times. There is no limit on the number of attempt. There is no age limit. This exam is conducted by 7 IIT's and ISC. You can claim for the MHRD Scholarship after getting admission through GATE score card.
30th July 2013, 05:29 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
How many chances I am going to have for GATE Exam having applied for upcoming GATE Exam and will not be attending?
You can apply in the GATE exams as many times as you want

There is no CAP on number of attempts

GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the Exam conducted by IIT each year
Next GATE exams would be held in January 2014

Eligibilty to apply for the GATE exams is:
>> BE/BTECH/BARCH pass or Final year student

>> M.SC/MCA/MA with subjects/branch Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent

>> Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Five year programme).This programme should have been done just after passing class 12th

GATE PAPERS:
Aerospace Engineering
Instrumentation Engineering
Agricultural Engineering
Mathematics
Architecture and Planning
Mechanical Engineering
Biotechnology
Mining Engineering
Civil Engineering
Metallurgical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Physics
Computer Science and Information Technology
Production and Industrial Engineering
Chemistry
Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Engineering Sciences
Electrical Engineering
Geology and Geophysics
30th July 2013, 07:43 PM
inderjeetsunda

Smile Re: How many attempts are allowed for GATE exam?

hi
There is no Limit on number of Attempts you can appear in GATE Exam.
31st July 2013, 07:18 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.............

There is no limit of attempts required for the GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test.

This exam conducted for the admission of M.tech.

you get the good marks in GATE exam you get the seat of good college.

And you can get good govt job for this GATE marks.

Eligibility Criteria:

Nationality:

Candidate should be citizen of India.

Educational Qualification:

Candidate should complete the Graduation in Engineering from a recognized University.

No percentage required for the GATE exam in Graduation.

Final year of the Graduation students are eligible for the GATE exam.

Age limit:

There is no age limit for the GATE exam.

No of Attempts:

No limit of attempts required for this GATE exam.

All the best...........
1st August 2013, 12:23 AM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

No need to worry, there is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.This exam will conducted once in a year. The candidates will be given admission for M.Tech.

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidates who are pursuing final year of graduation course in engineering can also apply for this exam.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of graduation course in engineering can apply for this exam.

**Final year who are pursuing prefinal year of engineering course are not eligible to apply for this exam.

There is no percentage required for this exam.

List of Coaching center for GATE exam:

Engineers Institute of India,New Delhi

IES GATE PSU Coaching in Delhi

Dronacharya Institute of Engineers

GATE Coaching Center,Uttar Pradesh

Brilliant Tutorials

Excel Career India

Trump & GATES , Delhi

Gyan Bindu Academy , Delhi

Career Plus , Delhi

all the best.............
1st August 2013, 06:26 PM
adityamm1990

Quote:
there is no limit for GATE attempts...only thing is used should posses UG with engginering background
2nd August 2013, 01:21 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering.It is an all Indian entrance examinations conducted by the Indian Institute of technology and IISC for the selection of candidates for the Master 's degree program in technology.

Every year lacs of candidates give this exam.It is an objective exam of 100 marks.Negative marking is applicable.

The eligibility criteria for the exam is :

>>Bachelor's degree in engineering/technology from a recognized university .Final year candidates can also go for the examinations.

>>Master's degree holder in physics ,statistics ,computer applications etc can also give the entrance exam.

Age criteria : There is no upper age limit for the exam .

Information regarding number of attempts:

>>There is no limit on number of attempts for the candidate of any category .You can give the exam as many times as your require in order to secure good rank.

Day by day the importance of GATE exam is increasing ,lots of public sector undertakings has started to shortlist candidates on the basis of GATE score card.

It is a tough exam but strong determination ,hard labour along with practice and accuracy can fetch your success in this exam.

MADE Easy is one of the best institute for preparation of this exam.

Hope the information helps you .If you have any other query you can leave your message here.

All the best

aashisranjan784
2nd August 2013, 11:05 PM
chikkykranthi619

Dear friend you can attempt the gate exam any number of times . There is no limit or there is no certain limitations for attempting the exam as we have in attempting the civils .
So, don't worry apply next year also and but this time prepare in such a way tat definitely you will crack the exam.

I think there is no limit on number of attempts because of the toughness of the paper.even i have given the exam and left it since i can't crack it but you don't leave it definitely you will get success.

Good luck for next time.
3rd August 2013, 06:15 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
The Eligibility for the GATE is as follows-:
The candiadte must be B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch.Final year candiadtes of the said course are also eligible to aplly for GATE.

Master degree holder candidates of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications can also apply for the GATE examination.Final year students of the same can also apply for the GATE.

There is no AGE BAR for the GATE examination at all.

There is no limit for the number of attempts for the GATE examiantion which means you can apply for the Gate examination regardless of your number of previous attempts.

Good Luck.
11th February 2014, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

i gave GATE in 2013, but cudnt cross the cutoff :( dis year I have filled d form bt due to some personal issues cudnt study much and I m thinking not to sit for it... can I still give the exam in 2015??? please reply asap my exam is on 16th feb, if there shudnt be a gap in b/w then I ll have to sit for it! please help!! :(
12th February 2014, 01:10 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is an Entrance Exam being conducted once in a year by 7 IITs and IISC.

This Entrance Exam will be organized in order to give admission for the candidates into M.Tech course in variety of colleges in India.

Completion of Graduation in Engineering is the minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates in order to be eligible for this Exam.

There is no upper age limit to join this course in the sense one can join this course at any age subject to fulfilling of academic qualification.

As per your query,
You don't need to worry about the number of attempts for GATE Exam.

The reason is there is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE Exam.

In addition, the validity of GATE score is for 2 years in the sense if you have appeared for GATE Exam in 2 consecutive years, you can use the GATE score whichever you want in order to get admission for M.Tech course.

You did not mention the highest level of academic qualification that you have.

If you fulfill the above mentioned eligibility criteria, then you are eligible to apply for this Exam.

Have good preparation for this exam and try to get good score so that there is a chance for you to get admission for M.Tech course in IITs.

Once you placed in IITs, your salaries will be too high and you will be easily absorbed into MNCs.

Wish you all the best.
12th February 2014, 01:51 PM
Sowmya449

There is No limit on number of Attempts you can appear in GATE Exam.... Try for the level best.... Good luck
12th February 2014, 02:59 PM
SATYAVATHI KOTTURU
Member+

There is no limit for attempts...........we can attempt any number of times
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?