26th March 2010, 09:47 AM
subho81788

How many attempts are allowed in GATE exam? Age limit for GATE exam?

Hi,I want to know how many years i can sit for gate.i heard its 3 times.Is that true?i also wanna know what is age limit for gate.plz tell me.

8th March 2011, 01:07 AM
HDeepakkumar

Default Re: How many attempts are allowed in GATE exam? Age limit for GATE exam?

there is no limit of attempts in gate exam. maximum age limit is 30 years
8th March 2011, 01:39 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many attempts are allowed in GATE exam? Age limit for GATE exam?

No, it is not true as there is no restriction for no: of attempts.you may attempt it for so many times.

There is no age limit to appear in GATE examination.

but GATE score card is valid only for two years after the publication of GATE result. so if you have any good result in GATE then you have to take admission in M.Tech within two years of publication of GATE result.
8th March 2011, 05:57 AM
kiran_bond

there is no limit in the age or in number of attempts.

from gate 2011 te score card is valid for 2 years
8th March 2011, 05:59 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

There is no such age limit. Also there is no restrictions in the number of attempts that you take. You only need to fulfill the educational qualifications. You should have completed your engineering graduation or Masters in Science course. Also your qualification must be from a recognised institute.
8th March 2011, 07:31 AM
lakshmiharathi.kota
Member+

Smile Re: How many attempts are allowed in GATE exam? Age limit for GATE exam?

hi there are only 5 attempts for gate exam ,age limit is below 30 years of age
8th March 2011, 12:08 PM
cricket007
Banned

dear friends,
This is being asked so many times that I decided to write a post about it. To get a clear answer for this question, please have look at ,

links. www.iitk.ac.in

There is nothing mentioned about number of attempts one can make in GATE exam. That is the best thing and there is no age limit too. As of now, the organizers don’t maintain the database of student taking GATE exam and use it to verify that every time.

The bottom line is you can make as many attempts to GATE exam as you want. There is no limit on number of attempts in eligibility for GATE exam.

The next question is about age limit for attempting GATE exam. I think there is no age limit either for appearing in GATE exam. I was referring to the GATE 2011 online application form. Exam seekers born during 1940 to 1995 are eligible to appear for the exam if the fulfill other eligibility conditions mentioned.

The information holds correct until the GATE exam organizers decide to change the eligibility conditions. I will try to update as soon as any modifications comes up in number of attempts to GATE or any changes in age are made.

ALL THE BEST..................................
8th March 2011, 12:44 PM
cricket007
Banned

dear friends,

links: www.iitk.ac.in

Eligibility of Age: There is no age limit for Gate if you are in the final/pre-
final year of a B.Tech/M.Tech program you are eligible for the gate examination.

for further query check the given above link...............

all the best.........................
8th March 2011, 12:56 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi.,.
there is no limit on the number of attempts in the gate exam,you can sit as many times as possible for the exam write from when you are in third year of your engineering degree,

Eligibility for GATE Examination

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE:

* Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
* Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
* Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
* Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible
8th March 2011, 02:32 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
As per the standards set for GATE, there is neither any restrictions regarding number of attempts nor there is a maximum age limit.
So, if you hold a degree in Engineering or Technology or Architecture or Pharmacy, you are eligible for the test.
For further information, you may refer to www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2011
8th March 2011, 02:47 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

There is no such restriction that you can appear for GATE examination three times.

You can attempt GATE as many times as you can. Neither there is any age limit
nor any number of attempts limit.

So take GATE whenever you are convenient and prepared.

I would suggest you not to late much.

If you are a working engineer then its good to take GATE after 2-3 experiences.
But, if you are not a working professional and you are dropping some years just for
GATE preparation then it would become a negative point of yours.

So, if you are dropping some year for GATE preparation you should get a job so
that your your experience gets counted in future.
8th March 2011, 03:01 PM
bapun1989

My dear friend,
You might have heard the same for IES exam which has got a maximum of 3 attempts.
GATE exam doesnot have any such criteria.
It neither takes into account the number of attempts nor has a specific age limit.
You can get yourself prepared for GATE exam at ACE,hyderabad which is a very good coaching centre for the same.
8th March 2011, 03:01 PM

GATE
There is no limit for gate exam both in sense of number of attempts and age limit..
but here is the link where u find the eligibility criteria for gate exam...

GATE Eligibility
The candidates with following academic background are eligible to appear in GATE 2011 Examination:

Bachelor's degree holders Engineering/ Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
8th March 2011, 03:38 PM
cricket007
Banned

dear friends,

all the candidates of pre final and final year are eligible for gate examination.

Scholarship:

During the pursuit of M.Tech, you are paid a scholarship of Rs. 5000.00 per month by the Government of India. This amount is enough for living expenses including purchase of books, etc. The scholarship is paid for the entire 18 months M.Tech period.

SPECIAL:

I encourage 3rd year students to also appear GATE alongwith Final Year students since:

GATE score is valid for 2 years.
The syllabus as required by GATE is generally over by 5th semester.
Anyway, it will be a good try ! If it is a bad score you can always try again.

Read more: http://www.ittestpapers.com/articles/gate
8th March 2011, 03:38 PM
salman555

Lightbulb Re: How many attempts are allowed in GATE exam? Age limit for GATE exam?

Dear friend, I appreciate you for asking such questions and many people have doubts regarding this matter.

There is NO LIMIT on the number of attempts for Gate exam.But there is an age limit of 30 years for general students and relaxation of 5 years for sc/st students.
8th March 2011, 04:13 PM
agarwalnikita

There is nothing mentioned about number of attempts one can make in GATE exam.

That is the best thing and there is no age limit too.

The bottom line is you can make as many attempts to GATE exam as you want. There is no limit on number of attempts in eligibility for GATE exam.
8th March 2011, 04:56 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

GATE ATTEMPTS

-->Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering is Conducted Every year for Master of Engineering and Master of Technology for IIT Institute

-->There is No Restriction for GATE Attempts, you can attempt any Number of Times

-->GATE Score is very much useful for Core Company,Government Company and PSU Company, But it is valid only for Two years

-->To get a Good Score in GATE Exam ,you need to Prepare atleast 6 month to crack the Exam.

-->There is No Age Limit for GATE Exam,but try do that Soon to get job in Good Company

All the Best
8th March 2011, 04:57 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

No, you have got wrong information that a candidate can only appear thrice for GATE exam.

In fact there is no restriction on the no.of attempts that one can take for GATE exam. This means you can appear for GATE exam as many times as you want.

But it is always better to clear the GATE exam in first few attempts.

There is also no age limit for appearing in GATE exam. So, you can appear in GATE exam at your convinience when you are fully prepared without any age limitations.
8th March 2011, 05:13 PM
asishkumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by subho81788 View Post
Hi,I want to know how many years i can sit for gate.i heard its 3 times.Is that true?i also wanna know what is age limit for gate.plz tell me.
To appear in GATE exam there is no age limit.
For studies no age limit is there.
8th March 2011, 05:37 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

the GATE eligibilty is given below

1.minimum graduation in engineering.

final year & prefinal year btech students are allowed to attain in the gate exam.

2.after msc doing msc. students are also eligibile to attain in the gate exam.

there have not any age limit to attain in the gate exam.

so you can attain many times in gate exam.

all the best............
8th March 2011, 06:15 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: How many attempts are allowed in GATE exam? Age limit for GATE exam?

Dear friend,

There no upper age limit for GATE exam at all.

And there is no restriction on number of chances. Any number of chances you can avail for GATE exam.

So if you have availed more No of chances then do not worry prepare well for next time.

All the best.

8th March 2011, 06:55 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

THERE IS NO SUCH TYPE OF RESTRICTION FOR GATE ENTRANCE EXAM

EITHER AGE NOR NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS

As GATE exam is difficult, you try until you get,mean while do your something or other things,like job or looking after the business.

By giving number of attempts, you will be benefited,if you score sufficient ,they will be qualifying you for the GATE exam,

GATE SCORE IS CALCULATED ON THE BASE OF PERCENTILE

In this calculation, they will be considering number of attempts, number of students gave the exams, and highest marks.

After take all this into consideration, they will be releasing the ranks.

So prepare well, and give the exam.

Definitely you will be qualifying

ALL THE BEST.
8th March 2011, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

can i know the best book for eee 4 preparing gate
8th March 2011, 08:11 PM
yogs.singh

there is no restriction on attempts for gate exam . you can appeared as many time as you would like to appear in gate.

neither there is any age limit for it.

the only eligibility for the gate exam is that you have a Bachelor's degree ,you can also apply in gate in pre-final and final year .
8th March 2011, 08:14 PM
Aman Sapra

You can appear in GATE exam as many times as you want.
There is no age limit for GATE exam and there are no fixed number of attempts allowed for GATE exam.
8th March 2011, 08:27 PM
lakshmiharathi.kota
Member+

There is no such restriction that you can appear for GATE examination three times.

You can attempt GATE as many times as you can. Neither there is any age limit
nor any number of attempts limit.So take GATE whenever you are convenient and prepared. I would suggest you not to late much. If you are a working engineer then its good to take GATE after 2-3 experiences. But, if you are not a working professional and you are dropping some years just for GATE preparation then it would become a negative point of yours.

So, if you are dropping some year for GATE preparation you should get a job so
that your your experience gets counted in future.
8th March 2011, 08:52 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

there is no such restriction for attempting the exam

crteria:---

only canditate must pass degree engg.
8th March 2011, 10:31 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Exclamation Re: How many attempts are allowed in GATE exam? Age limit for GATE exam?

Gate Query !!!

Quote:
There is nothing Like Limitations to Attempt Gate Exam upto some Limits.

Gate has No Limits on Attempts and No limits on Age.

Therefore you can Give any number of Times as you can. But the Only criteria the GATE has is Gate score card is Valid for 2 years from the Examination year to the Next year.

Gate is the Only exam you will not find any limitations, And you can Give it with Full ease + preparations.

If you want any Study material Or any syllabus kind of Information you can Visit to www.Onestopgate.com or www.gateforum.com
8th March 2011, 10:50 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How many attempts are allowed in GATE exam? Age limit for GATE exam?

Eligibility for GATE Exam:
  • **either Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture
  • **either Master degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications
  • **either Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology
only these candidates can apply ..

• for Gate as there is no age limit
  • and no number of attempts defined in GATE exam..
  • and also there is no minimum percentage criteria ,

the only thing needed is talent and hard work to crack the GATE..

gate marks are applicable for all colleges and it is valid for 2 years ..

A typical qualitative interpretation of the GATE SCORE, for example, can be as follows:
GATE Score Range Ability Level
800 to 1000 Outstanding
675 to 800 Excellent
550 to 675 Very good
425 to 550 Good
300 to 425 Above average
100 to 300 Average
Below 100 Below average
9th March 2011, 12:50 AM
mishra245

No limit for GATE exam the minimum eligibility is qualify the engineering exam with any stream as:
Civil'
comouter science, and many more branches.
the minimum age required for this exam is 20 years and after this age you can apply number of times.
9th March 2011, 02:44 AM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

• There is no such restriction on number of attempts made.
  • You can appear for it any no. of time.
  • For GATE you require to have B.Tech/B.Arch/B.E/P.G as eligibility criteria.
  • Final year students & pre final year students can also appear.
  • One important point to note is that GATE scores are valid for only 2 years.
  • There is no age limit for GATE exam.
For more details you can view the following website:
GATE EXAM 2011
9th March 2011, 07:46 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hi

attempts are allowed in GATE exam
nothing Like Limitations to Attempt Gate Exam upto some Limits.
Gate has No Limits on Attempts and No limits on Age.
Therefore you can Give any number of Times as you can. But the Only criteria the GATE has is Gate score card is Valid for 2 years from the Examination year to the Next year.
Gate is the Only exam you will not find any limitations, And you can Give it with Full ease + preparations.
If you want any Study material Or any syllabus kind of Information you can Visit to www.Onestopgate.com or www.gateforum.com
the GATE eligibilty is given below
1.minimum graduation in engineering.
final year & prefinal year btech students are allowed to attain in the gate exam.
2.after msc doing msc. students are also eligibile to attain in the gate exam.
there have not any age limit to attain in the gate exam.
so you can attain many times in gate exam

good lcuk
9th March 2011, 10:13 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

Age limit for GATE exam are as follows: -

1. 21 Years to 30 Years for General candidates

2. 21 Years to 33 Years for OBC candidates

and

3. 21 Years to 35 Years for SC / ST candidates.

NOTE: - No. of attempts, according to age.

Good Luck
9th March 2011, 11:39 AM
cricket007
Banned

Eligibility
The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE:

a. Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

b. Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

c. Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/ Technology.

d. Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.

The GATE examination consists of a single paper of 3 hours duration, which contains 65 questions carrying a maximum of 100 marks. The question paper consists of only multiple choice objective questions. Each question has four choices for the answer. The candidates will have to mark the correct choice on an Optical Response Sheet (ORS) by darkening the appropriate bubble against each question. Incorrect answers carry negative marks.

all the best.............
9th March 2011, 04:06 PM
cutiepie.sakshi
Junior Member+

There is restricted number of attempts.
Also, there is no age limit. This is the best thing about GATE. You can take the exam when you are prepared for it.
9th March 2011, 05:54 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Firstly, I Have To Inform You That, There Is No Eligiblity Creteria To Apply For GATE Examination. You Can Apply for GATE Exams Number Of Times You Want.

So, After Completing 4 Year Bachelor Degree Course in Engineering, Pharmacy, Technology And In Architecture Or Master Degree Course In Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Applications And In Science, You Are Eligible To Apply For GATE Exams.

So, If You Have Completed Your 4 Year Bachelor Degree Or Master Degree, Then You Are Eligible To Apply For GATE Examination.

There Is No Restrictions In Number Of Attempts, You Can Apply for GATE Exams Manny Times You Want, And There Is No Age Eligiblty Creteria.

If You Are Interested To Appear In GATE Exams, Then Please Apply.

But, Please Try To Clear The GATE Examination In First Attempt. So Work Hard, If You Really Interested To Scored Good Marks In GATE Examination.

The GATE Exams Scores Are Valid Only For 2 Years.
9th March 2011, 06:21 PM
shubham957

Quote:
there is no limit on number of attempt in gate exam but there is an age limit of 30 years for general category students and of 35 years for sc/st students.
so you can apply for the exam till you cross the age limit.
for more details regarding the exam, you can visit
www.iitd.ac.in
9th March 2011, 07:25 PM
shailender22

There is no restriction for number of attempts.But if u qualify, GATE scorecard is valid for 2 years.Normally,students prefer to write first time when they r in final year of graduation and later 2-3 times.I feel when u complete graduation and then appear in the next year that is the most important attempt because ur preparation will be at peak.
9th March 2011, 09:57 PM

Dear friend,

There no upper age limit for GATE exam at all.

And there is no restriction on number of chances. Any number of chances you can avail for GATE exam.

So if you have availed more No of chances then do not worry prepare well for next time.
hard labour is required to get good percentile,better u go to good institute like gate forum to get success,books for gate ,gk publication is enough for gate......best of luck
10th March 2011, 01:05 PM
S.Gopiram
Junior Member+

There is no restriction in number of attempts for the GATE exam.

The candidate should be within the age of 21-30 years.
10th March 2011, 01:14 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

There is no age limit or no. of attempts criteria for GATE exam.

Regards
Kapila
26th March 2011, 05:41 PM
rocking_indian

Quote:
hello friend
there is no limitations in number of attempts to appear in gate exam
for further information please refer to the pdf provided below
Attached Files
File Type: pdf gate2011.pdf(2.45 MB, 139 views)
26th March 2011, 10:15 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

There is no limits for appearing gate exam.You can appear for Number of times.

And There is no age limits for gate exam.But The gate score valid upto 2 yrs.
26th March 2011, 11:29 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

No. of Attempt in GATE Exam
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) exam is conducted by the constitution of eight IIT zone for the admission in the M.Tech program.
There are no limit of no. of attempt in GATE exam. You can appear in the
GATE exam many times according to your choice. If you want to know
that any more information about GATE exam the please visit the website
given below :
http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2011/index.php
Visit this website.
27th March 2011, 01:25 AM
Harshajit Kalita

Thumbs up Re: How many attempts are allowed in GATE exam? Age limit for GATE exam?

There is no limit for no. of attempts in GATE,but maximum age limit is 30years.
Thank You.
27th March 2011, 02:18 PM
amlendu
Senior Member++

Hi,
This is being asked so many times that I decided to write a post about it. To get a clear answer for this question, please have look at ,

links. www.iitk.ac.in

There is nothing mentioned about number of attempts one can make in GATE exam. That is the best thing and there is no age limit too. As of now, the organizers don’t maintain the database of student taking GATE exam and use it to verify that every time.

The next question is about age limit for attempting GATE exam. I think there is no age limit either for appearing in GATE exam. I was referring to the GATE 2011 online application form. Exam seekers born during 1940 to 1995 are eligible to appear for the exam if the fulfill other eligibility conditions mentioned.

The information holds correct until the GATE exam organizers decide to change the eligibility conditions. I will try to update as soon as any modifications comes up in number of attempts to GATE or any changes in age are made.

Thank
25th June 2011, 12:28 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

1.well there is no maximum limit on the number of attempts

in GATE examination

2.Also there is no maximum age limit

so you can take gate at any age and can take any number of attempts.

you can Take GATE in your final year of engineering itself if you like

or after some work experience,
2nd July 2011, 02:24 PM
sachin6

In the gate exam there is no age limit. Many attempts are doing in gate exam. No marks problem also
30th July 2011, 12:38 AM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

Eligibility for GATE Exam:

**either Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture
**either Master degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications
**either Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology

only these candidates can apply ..

for Gate as there is no age limit
and no number of attempts defined in GATE exam..
and also there is no minimum percentage criteria ,

the only thing needed is talent and hard work to crack the GATE..

gate marks are applicable for all colleges and it is valid for 2 years ..

A typical qualitative interpretation of the GATE SCORE, for example, can be as follows:
GATE Score Range Ability Level
800 to 1000 Outstanding
675 to 800 Excellent
550 to 675 Very good
425 to 550 Good
300 to 425 Above average
100 to 300 Average
Below 100 Below average

Thanks
18th August 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshmiharathi.kota View Post
hi there are only 5 attempts for gate exam ,age limit is below 30 years of age
why do u say there are only 5 attempts
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?