24th October 2017, 11:26 AM
Varun dlb

How many years I have to study to become IPS officer after completion of graduation?

I did my graduation from a distance (correspondence). I appeared more time in degree exam to complete. Now I got the degree. My age is 28. My ambition has become an IPS officer. For me is it possible to become an IPS officer? What is the eligibility? What is the process to study IPS?

27th October 2017, 06:51 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many years I have to study to become IPS officer after completion of graduation?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Now as far as you are concerned about the further studies to be done after your graduation in distance mode for becoming an IPS officer then there is no requirement of further studies as the minimum educational requirement for appearing in Civil Services examination is a graduation degree from a recognized university.

Apart from the educational qualification, you need to be an Indian citizen with your age lying in between 21 years to 32 years for appearing in Civil Services examination. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates.

At last I would like to let you the that the time required for becoming IPS officer having completed after graduation degree depends upon how much time you take to qualify Civil Services examination which is considered as one of the toughest examination.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
28th October 2017, 12:04 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How many years I have to study to become IPS officer after completion of graduation?

Some prepare with the graduation and crack it in the 1st attempt.

Some cannot do it even after years of preparation.

So, you cannot say the number of years you need to study, but it is the preparation which matters.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?