23rd January 2013, 01:42 AM
grohits27

How much marks I need to score in mechanical engineering for railway jobs?

How many marks should i score in mechanical engineering for railway jobs? Now i'm in 1th year of engineerin..?

23rd January 2013, 08:50 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How much marks I need to score in mechanical engineering for railway jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grohits27 View Post
How many marks should i score in mechanical engineering for railway jobs? Now i'm in 1th year of engineerin..?
In order to get jobs in Indian Railways,you will have to appear in RRB(Railways recruitment Board) Exam.As you are doing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering,you will require to fulfill these Eligibility :-

Nationality - Indian.

Educational qualification :-

>>You should pass out in class 10.
>>You should be passed out in Diploma course.

Marks :-

>>Your minimum marks in class 10 should be 60%.
>>Your minimum marks in Diploma should be 6.5/10 .

Reserved category Marks :-

>>If you are in SC/ST category then your minimum marks should be 50% or 5.0 in both class 10 and in Diploma.

>>Your minimum age should be 18 years.
>>Your age should not be above 28 years.

Age relaxation for Reserved category :-

>>For OBC category - 3 years.
>>For SC/ST category - 5 years.
>>For Physically Handicapped Person - 5 years.
23rd January 2013, 11:24 AM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Default Re: How much marks I need to score in mechanical engineering for railway jobs?

DEAR....
Friend....
There is an UPSC 's examination, known as SCRA ..
SCRA stands for the SPECIAL CLASS RAILWAY APPRENTICE .
This SCRA examination is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) every year in the month of January.
Through this examination, one can apply for the mechanical engineer posts in the Indian railway.
The educational requirement for this examination is a 12th degree with the maths group,. You must have subjects PHYSICS & MATHS in 12th standards.

The age limit for this examination is a 17-21 years, there are some years of the age limit relaxations are also applicable for the reserved categories.

SCRA 'S EXAM PATTERN-

The important dates regarding SCRA 2013 examinations are :

Date of notification:13/10/2012

Last date of receiving application:12/11/2012

Date of examination:20/01/2013

For more information please visit-www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
23rd January 2013, 11:25 AM
gamble007
Senior Member++

DEAR....
Friend....
There is an UPSC 's examination, known as SCRA ..
SCRA stands for the SPECIAL CLASS RAILWAY APPRENTICE .

This SCRA examination is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) every year in the month of January.

Through this examination, one can apply for the mechanical engineer posts in the Indian railway.
The educational requirement for this examination is a 12th degree with the maths group,. You must have subjects PHYSICS & MATHS in 12th standards.

The age limit for this examination is a 17-21 years, there are some years of the age limit relaxations are also applicable for the reserved categories.

SCRA 'S EXAM PATTERN-

The important dates regarding SCRA 2013 examinations are :

Date of notification:13/10/2012

Last date of receiving application:12/11/2012

Date of examination:20/01/2013

For more information please visit-www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
23rd January 2013, 01:00 PM
mahaseen

Quote:
Originally Posted by grohits27 View Post
Hi,
11th year of engineering means that your in 11th class now right.

A separate examination is conducted in August every year for the recruitment of Mechanical engineers, called the Special Class Railway Apprentices. The age limit should be between 17 to 21 and in (10+2) it should be physics, chemistry and maths as your specification.
The other option is the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts open competitive examinations for recruitment to all posts in railway services.You must possess an engineering degree or its equivalent to take the Combined Engineering Services Examination held in early July every year.

If you still have any doubts please mention that either you want to know the marks regarding engg. or the marks to be scored in competitive exam.

All the best.
23rd January 2013, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

sir i am in 1st year electrical engineering.
How much % of marks i have to need till 4th year for to get job in BHEL , NTPC .
11th April 2013, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

how much mark i need to score in mh-cet for mechanical engineering
21st June 2013, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

What is SCRA examination?
7th October 2013, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir iam studying 3rd year civil engineering , how much % of mark need attenting railway exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?