1st December 2010, 02:50 PM
DJ316

How much is the salary(CTC) of an IES officer? Is it possible to crack the exam without joining coaching center? How to prepare for the exam?

Hi,

I am working in a reputed IT company with 4 years experience.
I would like to give a try for IES(ECE) in 2011.[B]Also want to know the salary (CTC) of an IES officer
Is it possible to crack the exam without joining a coaching center???

Please suggest how to prepare for the exam.

Anybody already cracked IES, please throw some light...

Regards
DJ

Related Questions:
  1. Will I be able to crack IES with a good rank without joining Coaching? How should I proceed towards my preparation?
  2. Can I qualify in SSC exam if prepare for IES exam? Suitable coaching classes for IES exam in Delhi?
  3. Can I crack WBJEE without joining any tuition or coaching?
  4. How to prepare for IES mechanical Engineering? How many attempts are allotted for the exam? Is there any IES coaching center in Pune?
  5. Which Books should I prepare to crack IES Exam?
  6. Which B School I can select which would help me to study the course plus prepare for IES exam?
  7. To crack IES exam which is better between Coaching and Self Student?
  8. How to take IES exam in ECE? Books to be referred?
  9. How to crack IPS examination without coaching? -- [New]
  10. Information about IES-ECE entrance exam? I am a average student in engineering
  11. How to crack IES in single attempt? Which is the best coaching class for IES?
  12. Best coaching centres for IES in Pune? I am working in a software company in Pune and want to crack IES exam
  13. Is there any online coaching for IES exam? Are 4 months enough for IES exam? Preparation tips for IES exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Previous 10 years solved papers of IES exam? Best coaching institutes to crack the exam?
  15. How to prepare for IES exam? From where should I take coaching?
  16. How to crack IES exam if I am a student of electronics and telecommunication engineering
  17. How to simultaneously work and prepare for IES entrance exam?
  18. How can I prepare for IES exam along with job? Study materials and tips for the preparation?
2nd May 2011, 12:00 PM
akankshi bafana

Smile Re: How much is the salary(CTC) of an IES officer? Is it possible to crack the exam without joining coaching center? How to prepare for the exam?

Dear,

The salary of an IES qualified Fresh Engineer are as follows: -

1. Pay Scale = In Between Rs. 15,600 /- to Rs. 39,100 /-

2. Grade Pay = Rs. 4200 /-

3. DA + HRA + Other Allowances etc.

Good Luck
17th May 2011, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much is the salary(CTC) of an IES officer? Is it possible to crack the exam without joining coaching center? How to prepare for the exam?

I am b.tech first year student of mechanical engg.i want to prepration of ies.what i do till now .
What types of papers ask in ies exam.
7th June 2011, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much is the salary(CTC) of an IES officer? Is it possible to crack the exam without joining coaching center? How to prepare for the exam?

when will i get joining letter after selection as IES officer?
22nd June 2011, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to crack the exam without joining coaching center? How to prepare for the exam?
24th June 2011, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

can ies exam(mechanical) be cleared with the preparation of one without any coaching.
2nd July 2011, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

salary in between 30k-40k.......
3rd July 2011, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

What is the highest paid salary of an IES officer through a certain department or post?
22nd July 2011, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

want to prepare for ies psu,n m in 3rd yr b.tech(eee).can u please suggest how to prepare for the exam?
16th August 2011, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

i am doing b.tech from computer science stream in 2nd year.can i appear in ies exam?
21st February 2012, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Hi i m kiran raikar......i would like to know the difference between gate exam and ies exam......which one is harder
11th March 2012, 01:38 AM
Spandan12

Smile Re: How much is the salary(CTC) of an IES officer? Is it possible to crack the exam without joining coaching center? How to prepare for the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi i m kiran raikar......i would like to know the difference between gate exam and ies exam......which one is harder
Well, Kiran, GATE is conducted by IITs as their entrance exam for MTech and fellowship programs and the GATE score is also valid for many other institutes like NITs and many PSUs recruit engineers through the GATE scores.

On the other hand, IES is conducted by UPSC and the selected canditates are posted in various government sector jobs like the railways etc.

for any further queries in future, you may email me: [email protected]
12th March 2012, 05:19 PM
masuka123

Hi Friend ,

IES i.e Indian Engineering Services is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to the Indian Engineering Services (IES).

Eligibility Criteria

You must have got Degree in any one of the following :

Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Communications Engineering
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering

M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also

Final year students are also eligible.

Your age should be not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years.There is relaxation for SC/ST in upper age limit of 5 years and for OBC its 3 years

The syllabus for IES and GATE is similar.There are objective as well as subjective papers.

Pattern of the examination

Part I—The written examination will comprise two sections— Section I consisting only of objective types of questions and Section II of conventional papers.There will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers

Part II—Personality test carrying a maximum of 200 marks of such of the candidates who qualify on the basis of the written examination.

IMPORTANT DATES::

Date of notification :25.02.2012
Last date of filling application form :26.03.2012
Date of examination: 15.06.2012

Good Luck!!
1st May 2012, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

HI I am Ayush Jaiswal and am a student of civil engg.. I want to know that that how many chanches are provided for apperind the IES exam??
2nd May 2012, 06:39 PM
romi_bal

Pay of IES officer: 15600 (Basic)+5400(Grade)+DA+HRA+others. Gross would be around 36,000Rs per month.
for more details view attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf engg services examination.pdf(86.2 KB, 842 views)
7th August 2012, 02:18 AM
Unregistered

i m studying in 3rd yr. in eee branch. tell m some good coaching for pepration ies in chennai.
DIBYANSHU
3rd January 2013, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

is there any scope for giving exam after 3rd year in btech ece
3rd January 2013, 06:10 PM
Siva mechanical

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ316 View Post
Hi,

I am working in a reputed IT company with 4 years experience.
I would like to give a try for IES(ECE) in 2011.[B]Also want to know the salary (CTC) of an IES officer
Is it possible to crack the exam without joining a coaching center???

Please suggest how to prepare for the exam.

Anybody already cracked IES, please throw some light...

Regards
DJ
hello friend,

the salary for IES officer is ranges from 60,000 to 80,000 with daily allowances.

*) there will be increment in grade pay scale according to your work and achievement.

*) the exam is very simple only.

**) if you are a mechanical engineer concentrate in THERMODYNAMICS part.

all the best for your future.
7th February 2013, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

I am a pre-final year student of mech eng.How I prepare for IES exam.
26th July 2014, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
Is there any good IES and GATE coaching centre in Uttarakhand also.
23rd April 2015, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

I m working in IT company fRon past 4 years. And I m trying for IES exam for electrical branch. Can any body tell what is the starting salary of an IES officer ? Thanks in advance.
30th May 2019, 03:28 AM
Unregistered

I'm very confused about which coaching material or notes for ies i purchase for electrical engineering ????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?