20th May 2011, 10:53 PM
subhro.sourav

How to prepare for CBSE exams? Are NCERT books enough? Which books to refer for Science and Maths?

How to prepare for the exam just to follow the NCERT books or I need to follow any other books.if yes then which book will be the best for science and maths.

21st May 2011, 01:33 AM
vkvimal192

Default Re: How to prepare for CBSE exams? Are NCERT books enough? Which books to refer for Science and Maths?

ncert books are good enough to get good mrks in cbse board exams
21st May 2011, 01:34 AM
vkvimal192

Default Re: How to prepare for CBSE exams? Are NCERT books enough? Which books to refer for Science and Maths?

ncert books are good enough to get good mrks in cbse board exams so best of luck
21st May 2011, 08:31 AM
anurag09041994

hey friend,NCERT books are enough to study for cbse boarde but if want to refer other books then you can refer to rd sharma in maths and s.chand in science if you are in 10th standard and pradeep if you are in 12th
21st May 2011, 08:33 AM
Anuradha Bharti

NCERT books are enough for preparation of CBSE exam. If you want to refer another books for 'maths' solve the question of R.S.Agarwal and R.D.Singh. Full concentrate on NCERT books. BEST OF LUCK for your exam.
21st May 2011, 10:41 AM
soumak93
Junior Member+

You have not mentioned whether you are in class 10 or 12.
If you are in class 10 then i would say that ncert is enough for social science.
For science you can consider other books like dinesh.
For maths you must also follow R.S Aggarwal.

If you are in class 12 then:
SCIENCE: NCERT(must), Pradeep/Comprehensive
MATHS: NCERT, M.L Aggarwal, R.D Sharma.

Hope the information helps you.
21st May 2011, 12:05 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
*First you should complete your syllabus with the help of your teachers and self practices.
*Link with the necessary details which has described in the text books, for that you can get help from library to increase your knowledge on that particular topic.
*Repitative revision will be more beneficial for your exam preparations.
'NCERT' text books are the best books for preparation of 'CBSE' exams. You should prefer NCERT books, no need to prefer other books.
Ok, best of luck.
21st May 2011, 06:45 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

For preparation to the C.B.S.E. exams N.C.E.R.T. books are the best books. But if you want to cover the additional course then you can take the more books of the other authors. For the Physics preparation Dinesh books are the best and for the Chemistry preparation Pradeep books are the best and for the mathematics it will be better to do with the N.C.E.R.T.
You need to do daily study for 2 hours for every subject so that you can easily cover your syllabus.
21st May 2011, 07:46 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Yes, NCERT books are enough to score 90+ in 12th exam.
But ncert language is not easy to comprehend , so you can use some good refreshers of
S.Chand,
Pradeep,
RD Sharma
HC Verma
SL Loni(for trignometry)
JD Lee(for chemistry)
21st May 2011, 10:43 PM
npngpt

My friend, NCERT books are the main text books which you should have on your tips before going for any other referral book.

Points to keep in mind:-
1.always study the main text books thoroughly.
2.never go for more than one referral book in science but if you are doing so then start making your personal notes from all the books which will help you during exams.
3.choose referral book only after consulting your teachers so that you don't end up wasting your precious time.
4.when opting a book then stick to it, don't divert your mind in the middle of the session for another book.
9th June 2011, 10:54 PM
pongapandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhro.sourav View Post
How to prepare for the exam just to follow the NCERT books or I need to follow any other books.if yes then which book will be the best for science and maths.
My dear friend,
NCERT are quite enough to score handsome percentage.
So don't worry and go ahead with your NCERT.

With regards,
Ravi
10th June 2011, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

is rs aggarwal and ncert are enough for class 10 and which are the most hard chapter for class 10 cbse?
26th June 2011, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

i am studying abc book for chemistry, maths rd sharma, for physics s l arora is this sufficient for me to get above 80 in 12 boards
26th June 2011, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

is RS Aggarwal correct for math
28th June 2011, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

which referense books are best for 10 class cbse for all subjects
2nd July 2011, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

hello friends
aap sabhi maths ke liye rd sharma or science ke liye pradeep le mere 10 class mein 98% bani
so all da best of your life
1st August 2011, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Which is the best book for biology of 12th std for CBSE board?
17th August 2011, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

which books should be referred for phy,chem & maths for class12?
how to do better in all three especially in maths?
28th August 2011, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

What will be the percentage of question in 12th cbse physics,chemistry and maths exam ? Are NCERT books enough to score 80 % . If i learn all questions of NCERT in chemistry
12th September 2011, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

name a best guide for social science
25th September 2011, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

will rd sharma be good enough for class x ???
8th October 2011, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

which is the best guide for social science cbse class 10 for reffering question and answers?
6th December 2011, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 10th class and I have S.Chand so which refresher should I purchase in class eleventh
18th December 2011, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

hi frnds im in class ix how should i prepare for iit exams.i want 2 clear dis exam nd i am ready 2 much hard work?how should i prepare nd which books i want to consult?
31st December 2011, 02:48 PM
zain.adib

Rd sharma will be gud but rs aggarwal will be enough for 100% result..
5th January 2012, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

which reference book should i use to get 90 in 11th standard
11th February 2012, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

Which reference book should I prefer for science and maths preparation?
23rd February 2012, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

is only ncert and sample papers are enough in maths for 10
24th February 2012, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Im in class 10, ive done ncert , 100% sample ques. papers, rd sharma, s chand , pk garg, do i hav to do anything else?
1st March 2012, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Hey friends, just go for the books you feel are easy to understand. Reading one book with full attention is better than reading hundred books absent mindedly.
Best of luck...
3rd March 2012, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

HEY SUGGEST BEST REFERENCE BOOKS FOR CLASS 12 CBSE..........
FOR MATHS, PHY, CHEM AND BIO........
PLZ......... I WANNA SCORE 90 UP IN BOARD EXAMS.....
THNX IN ADVANCE...........
4th March 2012, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

Is it enough if previous papers and sample papers are read before cbse 12th exam??
its an emergency.. plss!!
4th March 2012, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

Are ncert books<maths> enough for preparing 10th cbse school conducted exams?kindly reply me fast....iam running short of time....
19th March 2012, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for maths board exam before 5 days to get 95 above %
15th April 2012, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

which refreshers I should use to get above 90% in 12th cbse board exam..............plz suggest me refrashers of all subject
20th April 2012, 10:47 PM
monisha_sarabhai

1. Books on Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning
Verbal Reasoning Non-Verbal Reasoning Combined Edition
A Modern Approach To Verbal Reasoning
By R. S. Agarawal

2. Quantitative Aptitude / Numerical Ability
Quantitative Aptitude
By R. S. Aggarwal
Numerical Ability & Quantitative
By P. K. Mittal

3. Objective General English
Objective General English
By R. S. Aggarwal
Objective English For Competative exams
By Hari Prasad

4-5. General Awareness and Current Affairs
General Awareness and Affairs Banking General Awareness Computer Awareness
General Awareness & Current Affairs
Guide To Banking General Awareness
By Rph Editorials
Objective Computer Awareness
By R Pillai
By M Laxmikanth

The above sections books by the following authors :

Upkar
R.S agarwal
T.S Jain
A.M . Malhotra and P.S Bright
R .Gupta
V.V.k Subburaj
M.B Lal
Ravi Chopra

Bank PO's eligibility :

You should have a degree(Without backlogs),which is recognized by government of India
You should be Indian.
Your age must be between 20-30 years for general category
- For SC/ST it is 5 years relaxation
- For BC relaxation set as 3 years.
- For the PH candidates 10 years and ex-service-men 5years.[/COLOR]
22nd April 2012, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

which book is best for class 9th maths as a refrence?
7th May 2012, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

which reference books should i choose in class 10 cbse
29th May 2012, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

What books should i use to Score 85 percent . in class 12 Exams. Is ncert enouh to top .
7th June 2012, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

ARE CBSE class 12 NCERT Books of Accountancy and Economics sufficient to get 90 marks in CBSE Bord Examination?

Gaurav sharma Narora
17th June 2012, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

which refresher is best for preparation for 10th xam
20th November 2012, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

Are NCERT books is enough for 12th cbse board exam ?And how i can prepare for 12 cbse board exam?
13th June 2013, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Guys,i am in 11th, pls tell me that which books shall i refer for cracking iit......i m not taking any tutions or coaching......pls help me out......i cant give more than 4 hrs a day due to mah sports practise........HELPP
12th August 2013, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 10 2 with pcb and preparing for polytechnic entrance test so i want to know which is the best books for polytechnic exam and which class standards question ask in delhi polytechnic.......
23rd January 2014, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

does all the questions in cbse 12 science(pcm) comes from NCERT BOOKS itself? i had no tution and like in class 10 i wanna score 90%
4th February 2014, 05:02 PM
jimmyjjohn

mathinstructor.net/ncert-solutions-math/class-9th/

Ncert 9th math solutions: chapter-wise, detailed solutions to the questions of the Ncert textbooks are provided with the objective of helping students compare their answers with the sample answers.
13th April 2014, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

I am student of class 10th and want to prepare for cat exam. so suggest book of english which help me both in cat exam and board exam
17th April 2014, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Thanks Now I am satisfied about my question...............
Ok thank u very much
21st April 2014, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

which reference book should i follow for class X board exams in maths?i am a little weak in maths.
1st May 2014, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Cool Re: How to prepare for CBSE exams? Are NCERT books enough? Which books to refer for Science and Maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which reference book should i follow for class X board exams in maths?i am a little weak in maths.

no because it not define successfully
u should prefer pradeep,evergreen and s.chand 4 sci.
and r.d and r.s 4 maths
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?