12th February 2012, 11:47 AM
Sirikimanoj

How to prepare for GRE exam? Is coaching important? I'm in B.Tech 3rd year

Is coaching important for gre.i am now studying 3rd b.tech.
send details as soon as possible..

2nd January 2013, 11:04 PM
ipkay93

Default Re: How to prepare for GRE exam? Is coaching important? I'm in B.Tech 3rd year

Hello dear aspirant as you are a B. Tech student and wish to appear for GRE
For cracking GRE you really need to join a good coaching center because GRE is a world level Entrance Examination and the competition is very tough, as the recent surveys say the Indian students have a very bright chance of getting a very good score in GRE because of the quality of course and the syllabus of B.Tech approved by AICTE.

But as we know the indian college scenario whether it is an IIT or some other state engineering college the preparation for a world level entrance exam cannot be done on their own, so i highly recommend you to join some good GRE coaching.

Some of the best GRE coachings in India are in the metropolitan cities like

Bangalore
Delhi and Delhi NCR
Pune
Hyderabad

Some of the best books for GRE preparation are:

The Official Guide to the GRE Revised General Test – ETS
Manhattan GRE Prep Books – Set of 8 books.
Nova GRE Math Prep Course
Grubers New GRE Guide
Kaplan – New GRE : Strategies, Practice, and Review

Hope it Helps
Best of Luck
Cracking the New GRE with DVD
3rd January 2013, 02:52 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to prepare for GRE exam? Is coaching important? I'm in B.Tech 3rd year

For prescription of GRE, you need to get command over only two subjects, English and basic mathematics. As you're from an engineering background, you won't be having much of the difficulty in facing mathematics section. But your preparation of English would be the main key to your success.
GRE Barron's is the best book considered for English. It is also known as the bible of GRE.
You should give some practice paper and analyse previous year papers to check your status in order to join the coaching or not. By the way, coaching can also be a good option because it will treat you in the right direction along with the daily practice.
Gud luck
24th October 2013, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare gre?im 3rd year b.tech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?