11th December 2010, 06:33 PM
sarveshtiwari

How to prepare for IAS/IPS entrance exam? What is the criteria and resources available for the same?

I had completed my graduation 3 years back with chemistry;can u please guide me ow to prepare ?wht are the criteria?which are the resources available for the same?

Related Questions:
  1. Can a MBA in Human Resources pursues Ph.D in Psychology from JNU and BHU? Eligibility criteria and entrance exam for it? -- [New]
  2. Want to apply for MSc Biochemistry in Osmania University: How to prepare for the entrance exam?
  3. How to prepare for NIFT entrance exam? What is the criteria and syllabus?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria asked for giving IPS exam? How to prepare for the IPS exam?
  5. Eligibility criteria for ISRO entrance exam? How can I prepare for it? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What is the syllabus and eligibility criteria followed to apply for BCA entrance exam?
  7. Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D in Pharmaceutical Analysis? What are the subjects I should prepare for entrance exam?
  8. Syllabus of ISRO entrance exam which is conducted after 12th? What is the criteria for it? How should I prepare for it and have an edge others?
  9. Good coaching centers and online resources which I should access to prepare for entrance exams after 12th?
  10. When will be the entrance exam of MCA? Eligibility criteria for it and how to prepare for MCA exam?
  11. How to become a criminal lawyer after B.Com? What is the eligibility criteria? How to prepare for the entrance exam?
  12. Eligibility criteria to give NET entrance exam? Syllabus for it?
  13. Required criteria to get admission for M.Com course in DU? Which Books to prepare for the respective Entrance Exam?
  14. Eligibility criteria to get admission in Oxford University to study B.Sc Applied Physics? How to prepare for entrance exam for it?
  15. What is the qualification criteria required to prepare for IPS exam? How should I prepare for the exam?
  16. Detailed information, eligibility criteria and syllabus of SCRA entrance exam?
  17. Required criteria to do M.Com from Delhi University? Which Books to prepare for the Entrance Exam for this?
  18. How to prepare for MPSC entrance exam?
25th August 2011, 07:30 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for IAS/IPS entrance exam? What is the criteria and resources available for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarveshtiwari View Post
I had completed my graduation 3 years back with chemistry;can u please guide me ow to prepare ?wht are the criteria?which are the resources available for the same?
The eligibility criteria for Civil's service examination(which makes you IAS/IPS or anyother officer) are as follows :--

-> Nationality should be Indian.
->You should have minimum age of 21 years.
->A degree is a must from an Indian Recognized University.

your age must not cross 30 years which is the maximum age limt.

Preparation for Civils service examination

The exam conducted to recruit IAS/IPS officer is CSE. This exam is conducted once in a year by UPSC.

The examination is conducted in three level pattern.
->CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test)
->Mains
->Interview round.

Preparing for this competitive and High intensity exam is very tough part of everything
for the preparation some prefer self study.
some of the others prefer class room coaching
some of them also take postal coaching while some others take Correspondence coaching.

by any way the ultimate goal is to crack the examination.
but most of them fail in doing this because their inability to concentrate and do hardwork while preparing.

so hardwork dedication
and concentration should be your assets

without getting disturbed to the worldly pleasures you have to sit for one whole year to easily crack the examination.

choose your best own way to get through the examination

all the best for your preparation

regards

~AdityA~
25th August 2011, 10:30 AM
kalpana.inturi

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS/IPS entrance exam? What is the criteria and resources available for the same?

He should be an indian and must be a graduate in any disiplaine and one has to attend the prelims and later qualifing in it they need to attend the mains exam.and one must be tharough with the general studies and the current updates of the economy and the budget issues and well aquinted with the subjects to crack the exam.
25th August 2011, 11:46 AM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS/IPS entrance exam? What is the criteria and resources available for the same?

Dear friend,
requirements are as stated below
1)you should be be a graduate from any of the recognized university by government of India.
2)You should be an Indian
3)You age should be between 21 to 30
Now for this exam i will like to suggest you to go to any of the reputed coaching center and keep trying with all your concentration
Best of luck
8th November 2011, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

hello im a housewife n have done engg n mba..i want to be an ias..plz help me rag subjects which one to take..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?